Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Move CE licenses between E******* Nodes B

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Red face Move CE licenses between E******* Nodes B

Hi,

I have some congested E******* Nodes B caused by insufficient CEs on the Node B. In Huawei, I can decrease CE capacity of one Node B and increase the CEs of other from the M2000. Is there a similar way to 'move' CEs between Ericcson Nodes B from the OSS?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 89

Default Re: Move CE licenses between E******* Nodes B

CE depends upon the HW and license capacity..u can not move from one Node B to other in E*******.

4. Thanks parshav thanked for this post

Hi deepak...

But assuming I've enough HW capacity on the Node B and the licenses are a pool on the RNC (confirm this please), isn't it possible to select how many CE, of the pool, should be on each Node B?. I assume there must be some step on the integration process to select the Node B CE capacity. I know there is a XML file with that info.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Member Reputation: 416

Quote Originally Posted by vadb View Post
    Hi,

I have some congested E******* Nodes B caused by insufficient CEs on the Node B. In Huawei, I can decrease CE capacity of one Node B and increase the CEs of other from the M2000. Is there a similar way to 'move' CEs between Ericcson Nodes B from the OSS?

Thanks in advance.
    No, you can not modify CE icences as simple as with Huawey.
    New LKFs (Licence Key FIle) have to be generated using ELIS tool.
    It depends on how contract with E******* is made: some operators can do it, others can not.
    Check procedure with your local E******* representative.

BR
    s52d

Member Reputation: 89

Yah...the CE capacity is the license based feature of Node B not of RNC

Thanks s52d... I thought it would be simplier to change CE capacity (always based on what was bought for the network). Thanks deepak187, I thought it was something like Huawei, where I have a pool associated to a RNC and I can move the license to any Node B on that RNC. Thank you all for your help. Regards.

Member Reputation: 19

You can't change the CE capacity from the M2000 only.. it's HW based.. WBBP D2/D3 borads.
    But you can play with resource groups in M2000, each resource group contains 6 cells (or carriers) maximum.. so if you have more than one group then you can play with the resources remotly from M2000.
    if you have site with 3 sectors and 3 carriers each then usually you can distribute the cells as following.you can put 5 cells in one resource group and 4 cells in other resource group.. then you can distribute the CE resources (ex..1024 DL/UP) between those groups.

Member Reputation: 722

Hi.
    You have to be used to have licencing in Base Stations instead of out of them. Just to have only one licensing system. Bear in mind that in LTE there is not "RNC" node. So, licensing would be based on Base Stations. It would be great if a network manufaturer has only one licensing system for GSM, WCDMA and LTE, just for the sake of simplicity.
    Regards.

Hi Aljunaibi,

You're right, the maximum capacity of the Node B is defined by the hardware on it, I move the licenses taking into account the HW limit as a quick or emergency way to reduce congestion and I was hopping there was a similar way in E*******.

Thank you all for your replies.

Member Reputation: 314

Tip:: Swapping to Huawei - better choice to eliminate congestions in network.