Thanks Thanks:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: NEC iPASOLINK Data

Member Reputation: 20

Post NEC iPASOLINK Data

Hey i read someone here looking for iPasolink info; I am posting here some info i have hope it helps. Let me know if you want more i may be able to dig out some more
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Thanks ivan.makajic, nicoj thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 83

Default Re: NEC iPASOLINK Data

I would like to know more about this new product from NEC. What are the main features that differentiate this product from similar products from other vendors like CERAGON, DRAGONWAVE, ...?

Hi Ankarab,

Well i have no experience of Ceragon, but according to feedback from one of my Vendors (ZTE), it is the best packet radio money can buy however it is expensive. Nera, you probably know, has been acquired by Ceragon and their packet radio solution is a solid offering from the product portfolio they presented. They claim to have the best header compression in the industry.

Dragonwave is a new product in the MW field and therefore has been lagging in relation to radio related offerings such as XPIC, and multidirection radios. However they are making leaps and bounds in development and probably they will have all this in their solution by 1st or 2nd quarter this year.

NEC in my experience has a very robust solution with very low failure rate and also have a layer 2 swith in their solution, however i feel they are a little bureaucratic whereas Dragonwave actively gets involved with customers and develops what they need.

Quote Originally Posted by waqasahsan View Post
    Hey i read someone here looking for iPasolink info; I am posting here some info i have hope it helps. Let me know if you want more i may be able to dig out some more
    Hi,

is it possible to post more information about iPASOLINK (e.g. user manual, system description) and especially iPASOLINK AX (http://www.nec.com/global/prod/nw/pa...asolinkAX.html)?

Thanks in advance.

Member Reputation: 261

Quote Originally Posted by waqasahsan View Post
    Hi waqasahsan

thx a lot for those data, however, i would like to know if those data have been published by NEC or are these data from someone else?

Thx

Cost_Reducer

Quote Originally Posted by Cost_Reducer View Post
    Hi waqasahsan

thx a lot for those data, however, i would like to know if those data have been published by NEC or are these data from someone else?

Thx

Cost_Reducer
    Hi Cost_reducer,

This is NEC data not from 3rd Party.

Moderator Reputation: 153

I'm trying SIAE microelettronica fulloutdoor device. amazing performance for this (to me unknow ) 50years experience MW manufacturer .
    I tried header compression and i can easly reach 1Gbps even at 256QAM , and i 'm now testing 1024QAM modulation (really amazing )
    Ceragon also it s a good device , they just showoff too much and preted to be always leader..they dont have 1024QAM fullourdoor with HC , they are not able to transport jumbo frame etc etc
    Last edited by simog72; 2012-03-26 at 04:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by simog72 View Post
    I'm tring SIAE microelettronica fulloutdoor device. amazing performance for this (to me unknow ) 50years experience MW manufacturer .
    I tried header compression and i can easly reach 1Gbps even at 256QAM , and i 'm now testing 1024QAM modulation (really amazing )
    Ceragon also it s a good device , they just showoff too much and preted to be always leader..they dont have 1024QAM fullourdoor with HC , they are not able to transport jumbo frame etc etc
    Could you share with us information about SIAE Full Outdoor device? (product features, description, ...)

Thanks in advance.

Member Reputation: 261

but Ceragon has FullOutdoor with Header Compression that reaches 1Gbps in 256QAM. 1024QAM is not such a big advantage as your System Gain drops dramatically and you are not able to reach that long links. However, Ceragon just announced to have 1024QAM in LH system...

Moderator Reputation: 153

i saw Ceragon FullOutdoor , as option but i did my choice..
    it s old concept device IMHO, i think they dont believe (at the momet) in FO, probably they will push later for a FO new design.
    Sysgain it's very good and 512/1024QAM means 25% for free Best efford traffic capacity (even without header compression option activated)

i saw a live demo of ALFOplus 6 months go, it was unbeliveble and i bought it 3 mouth later because they was ready to provide me very fast (was not just on paper device)..ceragon (my preferred MW supplier) was not ready with that technological big step forward months ago...if u are able to produce/sell that modulator 6/8 months before compared with others big player MW vendors , means a lot to me.

anyway i'm not stacked with ALFOplus , just at the momet SIAE seems to produce a good device for a good price
    Last edited by simog72; 2012-03-23 at 11:32 PM