Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: DATA throughput

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default DATA throughput

Hi all from last today's DATA payload of my network decreased pls suggest where should i need to check.

network-2G NSN.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Default Re: DATA throughput

Quote Originally Posted by rf _engg View Post
    Hi all from last today's DATA payload of my network decreased pls suggest where should i need to check.

network-2G NSN.
    hi there, I think you need to to check if there has been any activity done at the BSC or MSC end or there has been some upgradation at the GGSN, SGSN end. Also check if all the sites have the GPRS working or not. which vendor are you working for. If you can tell me i can check the reports and tell you. Also check if there has been some BCCH change plan run recently. Check for any interference. Hope this helps although this is a very crude method. But not harm in trying. God bless and god speed.

Member Reputation: 48

Need more data , what tool did you use to notice the lower througput? was it KPI , DT , users reporting? Do oyu have a suspect , is it RF related, core, slow ISP? for RF try looking for interference, abusive users . for a slow ISP and core set an internal FTP and upload to it to try to pinpoint the bottleneck. Br

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Hi thanks for reply ..our BSC on Gb over Ip ,we using hourly payload KPI report. checked there was not any activity at BSC end, as you guys suggested me that there may some changes at MSC end what part i should check at MSC.how can be set internal FTP and pls tell me more about SGSN slow ISP how can be identified this and also how GGSN end can be checked

as a user i noticed that throughput gone down. it observed in all sites.

awaiting for your kind attention.

Member Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by rf _engg View Post
    and pls tell me more about SGSN slow ISP how can be identified this and also how GGSN end can be checked

as a user i noticed that throughput gone down. it observed in all sites.

awaiting for your kind attention.
    Check Gn and Gi interface, if you pick some counters and make a graph you shouldn´t see any bottleneck, if you see it, you have a slow ISP.

Hope it helps