Thanks Thanks:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Asset Model tuning

Member Reputation: 264

Hi Dave,

i could not figure out from your operation list, but have you done binning of measurements (like Actix does).

You should have only one measurement value per prediction bin. Say, the predicion uses 50x50 m grid, then all measurements should be averaged per grid element. This would remove fading effects and give you better std. dev

Member Reputation: 34

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrayan View Post
    now the problem is,
    its not going to tune in any case since the mean error is around -25 to -30.
    the approach i used is .
    1. converted CW data to signia TX and RX files, for that i exported CW drive data to text with latitude longitude and RSSI, renamed the text file to siteid.dat this is the RX file for signia format, now created a header TX file with details of the site used for CW transmission like latitude,longitude,
    height 27m
    power(EIRP) 52 i.e. 20W=43dbm,Ga=11dbi,Losses=2dbm, so EIRP=43+11-2=52
    Antenna omini, i've the pattern for that.
    ground height
    tilt
    azimuth
    with few other details.
    created this text file and renamed to .hd
    2. now created a fresh project with all data like clutter,heights and vectors.
    3. imported the omni antenna.
    4. created a standard macrocell3 model with default parameters.
    5. created a site with same information as in CW signia .hd file, like same latitude, longitude, height ,EIRP,tilt, model etc.
    6. loaded the .hd file,generated pathloss,
    now here is the problem ,
    if i analyse the CW data , it gives mean error around -25 or -30 and the mmodel is far tuned whatever changes i do.
    also if i remove the antenna pattern from signia.hd file then all is well and i can tune the model.
    but whatever antenna i use its not going to tune.

Any way out?
    somthing missing?
    or somebody can help me with this?

BR
    db
    hi david,
    can you attach your file (log)
    also the step

i think it would be easier to following your step without have to online everyday
    at least maybe we can try at our place

CMIIW

cheers

VIP Member Reputation: 54

hi D & friends

send me CW logfile, antenna pattern file (for my case .ant file is good), clutter data, Tx power and other para as declaired above

i would like to recheck, for good tunning result Standard variance should be 4.5 to 7.5dB, mean is not strick required

and you should leverage CW measure data before using it to tune your model so that you could get better tunning results

cheers

NV

Moderator Reputation: 3584

Default @David

Did you split your CW data into LOS and NLOS before tuning?

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrayan View Post
    now the problem is,
    its not going to tune in any case since the mean error is around -25 to -30.
    the approach i used is .
    1. converted CW data to signia TX and RX files, for that i exported CW drive data to text with latitude longitude and RSSI, renamed the text file to siteid.dat this is the RX file for signia format, now created a header TX file with details of the site used for CW transmission like latitude,longitude,
    height 27m
    power(EIRP) 52 i.e. 20W=43dbm,Ga=11dbi,Losses=2dbm, so EIRP=43+11-2=52
    Antenna omini, i've the pattern for that.
    ground height
    tilt
    azimuth
    with few other details.
    created this text file and renamed to .hd
    2. now created a fresh project with all data like clutter,heights and vectors.
    3. imported the omni antenna.
    4. created a standard macrocell3 model with default parameters.
    5. created a site with same information as in CW signia .hd file, like same latitude, longitude, height ,EIRP,tilt, model etc.
    6. loaded the .hd file,generated pathloss,
    now here is the problem ,
    if i analyse the CW data , it gives mean error around -25 or -30 and the mmodel is far tuned whatever changes i do.
    also if i remove the antenna pattern from signia.hd file then all is well and i can tune the model.
    but whatever antenna i use its not going to tune.

Any way out?
    somthing missing?
    or somebody can help me with this?

BR
    db
    Y dont u use ADVANTAGE to convert the TEMS data to signia !!

Your drive is not detailed, you need to have a very very detailed drive in order to tune the model !

The frequency which you are transmitting needs to die out in the drive, this will make ur model accurate, when tuning you need to see the slope plot, the more u r closer to 8, the more points are on the line, your object is to make the maximum points on the slope line !!

changes to values K1 and K2 will also considerably change STD, whereas if u change K3, k4, k5, k6 and k7, it will do the fine tuning !
    Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.

Regards,
    Venom

Member Reputation: 15

Smile profile hd fie and dat file

all brother's

try to check this attachment file, this is .hd and .dat file that i make to model tunning at bali, this is the example, this is the same format to work in ASSET and NETACT,

try....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Reputation: 24

here is asset‘s model tuning document
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Member Reputation: 502

Hi friends
    Most important thing in model tuning is the data come from CW scanning and in the scanning tool it gives you option for binning to perform by time trigger or distance trigger and cluster design .
    Normally CW for time triggering is easy to be done but there one draw back that fading is time dependent so it makes your measurement not correct if you don't perform as much as possible for samples normally is 40* wavelength.( normally perform cw test in night time all the road is open and you can some how control the measurement.
    and some cluster like rural it is better to be done on distance triggering because you have limit the car speed and performing measurement on each distance .
    Attach is aircom model tuning procedure hope helps you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DCA View Post
    It could be that your drivetest dat is not accurate enough (to less samples). Also the used clutter and height in Aircom could cause the error. A std dev 7dB with an accurancy of 80% for every clutterclass or more is possible.....
    How can i know the accuracy % of my model?

Br,
    ISSA

Member Reputation: 780

thanks for this nice share

Quote Originally Posted by RF engineer View Post
    Hi friends
    Most important thing in model tuning is the data come from CW scanning and in the scanning tool it gives you option for binning to perform by time trigger or distance trigger and cluster design .
    Normally CW for time triggering is easy to be done but there one draw back that fading is time dependent so it makes your measurement not correct if you don't perform as much as possible for samples normally is 40* wavelength.( normally perform cw test in night time all the road is open and you can some how control the measurement.
    and some cluster like rural it is better to be done on distance triggering because you have limit the car speed and performing measurement on each distance .
    Attach is aircom model tuning procedure hope helps you.