Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Directed Retry for NSN

Member Reputation: 55

Default Directed Retry for NSN

Hi All,

I trying to activate directed Retry feature in NSN system, I Set the parameter AmrDirReCell to Enable but still not working.

How have experience with this feature?

BR
    Sadok

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 182

Default Re: Directed Retry for NSN

Quote Originally Posted by sadok View Post
    Hi All,

I trying to activate directed Retry feature in NSN system, I Set the parameter AmrDirReCell to Enable but still not working.

BR
    Sadok
    Hi Sadok, I think that you enable another parameter, in fact, I can't found the parameter AmrDirReCel in the Radio Network Dictionary.
    Anyway, the parameter that you need to activate is drInUse (BTS Level). Then, regarding DR, you have other parameter to play as:

Directed retry method (DRM):

With this parameter you define which method is used in directed retry procedure when candidate cells are evaluated. This parameter is also used to switch off directed retry method improvements.
    A value 0 means that the improved criterion is not in use (so the old criterion will be followed) and value 1 means that the new target cell selection criterion is selected and then a second parameter (drThreshold) will be taken into account together with the old parameter RxLevMinCell when selecting the candidates.
    It is recommended set this paramter to 1.

Directed Retry Threshold (DRT) – ADCE Parameter:

With this parameter you define the threshold value of the signal strength in the adjacent cell for the Directed Retry procedure. If the signal strength level in the cell is lower than this threshold value, adjacent cell is not accepted as a candidate in directed retry.
    drThreshold should be higher than rxLevMinCell (ADCE parameter also).

min time limit directed retry (MIDR):

With this parameter you define the period starting from the assignment request during which the target cell evaluation for the directed retry handover is not allowed.

max time limit directed retry (MADR):

With this parameter you define the maximum time period starting from the assignment request during which the target cell evaluation for the directed retry handover is allowed.

Be carefull with Queuing, because Queuing and DR procedures starts in paralell, but it is recomend to use Queuing first and DR after.

You can know if Queuing is activated with the parameter: Queue priority used (QPU), also BTS Level.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for your detailed answear, But you explained how this feature works in 2G, I m trying to activate it in 3G

Member Reputation: 182

Thank you for your detailed answear, But you explained how this feature works in 2G, I m trying to activate it in 3G
    Ah, ok, I'm sorry.

Have you check the ADJGid and ADJGSIB parameters of ADJGs?

The target cell of directed retry of AMR call is the cell whose ADJGId parameter has value zero.
    If Directed Retry of AMR call Inter-system Handover is enabled, then AdjgSIB shall be set to the default value (Yes).

How did you note that isn't work?

Member Reputation: 22

Hi Sadok

Plz. double check the PR files from BSS Side also.

br//

Hi All,

BR
    Sadok

@prodigy

I set ADJGID=0 for the Target Cell
    SIB=Yes
    AmrDirReCell=enable

@auspicious
    Scinario for test : I set Ptxpower=35.5dbm and I make a AMR call, call is rejected "RAB Assignment Respense cause = No resource".

So the problem is in the RNC because if the Directed Retry is working RNC will send "RAB Assignment Respense cause = Directed Retry" then will send relocation required. So I did not think it fail because 2G.

Thank you for support guys

BR
    Sadok