Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Inter RNC HO via Iur

Member Reputation: 76

Default Inter RNC HO via Iur

Hi,

I am a Core Network Engineer. I trying to understand why there is a low success rate between RNC to RNC. Does anybody know if the RNC informs the MSC when it makes an inter RNC handover (relocation) via Iur interface?
    Last edited by klystron; 2011-07-08 at 06:34 PM

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 44

Default Re: Inter RNC HO via Iur

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Hi,

I am a Core Network Engineer. I trying to understand why there is a low success rate between RNC to RNC. Does anybody know if the RNC informs the MSC when it makes an inter RNC handover (relocation) via Iur interface?
    Im an RF engineer, not a core person but isn't the Iur between RNC to RNC? Not RNC to MSC...... Do you hvae Iur Congestion? There are lots of issues in Inter-RNC handovers. The UE is doing an SRNS relocation so you need to check those stats.

Member Reputation: 76

Default Re: Inter RNC HO via Iur

Quote Originally Posted by jan74 View Post
    Im an RF engineer, not a core person but isn't the Iur between RNC to RNC? Not RNC to MSC...... Do you hvae Iur Congestion? There are lots of issues in Inter-RNC handovers. The UE is doing an SRNS relocation so you need to check those stats.

Hi jan74,

Yes, Iur is RNC to RNC. I am concerned on the RANAP signalling part if the RNC informs MSC when it attempts to make an inter RNC to RNC handover via Iur. Unlike the HO (relocation) within the same RNC, the RNC reports to the MSC only for successful relocation (the same also for intra BSC HO).