Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: UL Load Factor (%)

Member Reputation: 39

Cool UL Load Factor (%)

Hello, did anybody calculate UL Load Factor for 3G Huawei?
    I've found 2 formulas (depends, which CAC algorithms do i use on my Network):

a) UL load factor = 1 - (cell background noise/UL RX total wideband power)

I can get RTWP (from m2000), but cell background noise from the system - Background noise[0.1dBm] = 61 (constant). For idle cell UL load factor will be 1-6,1/-104=(1+0,06)*100%= ???? And what do we have.....UL Load more than 100%???

b) The ratio of the current number to the maximum number of UL equivalent users to measure the load of the cell. Maximum number is a constant = 80, but current i cen get only from Trace viewer. It is not a sollution.

Do anybody know, how to calculate UL Load Factor%?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Reputation: 402

Default Re: UL Load Factor (%)

Quote Originally Posted by _lisi4king View Post

I can get RTWP (from m2000), but cell background noise from the system - Background noise[0.1dBm] = 61 (constant). For idle cell UL load factor will be 1-6,1/-104=(1+0,06)*100%= ???? And what do we have.....UL Load more than 100%???

b) The ratio of the current number to the maximum number of UL equivalent users to measure the load of the cell. Maximum number is a constant = 80, but current i cen get
    only from Trace viewer. It is not a sollution.

Hi
    Correct you formula for Backgroud noise as
    Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0.1. in your case it will be Back_nose=-112+(61-1)*0.1=-106 dBm.
    now to calculate your UL utilization you must first convert the dBms for backnoise and RTWP to Watts and do the maths. we don't devide or multiply dB or dBm :-) remember that

2- for your second formula, you can get the EUN from the counters. look for the BH only or get the Mean of the max because you want to look in the worst case.
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x

Quote Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
    Hi
    Correct you formula for Backgroud noise as
    Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0.1. in your case it will be Back_nose=-112+(61-1)*0.1=-106 dBm.
    now to calculate your UL utilization you must first convert the dBms for backnoise and RTWP to Watts and do the maths. we don't devide or multiply dB or dBm :-) remember that

2- for your second formula, you can get the EUN from the counters. look for the BH only or get the Mean of the max because you want to look in the worst case.
    Thanks a lot for response, but can you clarify for me some issues from your explanation:

1) Im i right, at first i need to calculate Back_noise in accordance with formula Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0,1 than convert it to Watts, the next step -> convert RTWP to Watts and than divide Back_noise(W)/RTWP (W)

2) Can you explain, where did you get this formula? May be you have description? Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0,1

3) Did you work with Huawei equipment? Did you see counter which count EUN, because i really can not find it .

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by _lisi4king; 2011-06-17 at 03:36 AM

Member Reputation: 172

b) The ratio of the current number to the maximum number of UL equivalent users to measure the load of the cell. Maximum number is a constant = 80, but current i cen get only from Trace viewer. It is not a sollution.

To be more precisely you have counters and real time traces for both. Does anyone have doc/info about relation between RTWP and ENU??? THis information will be very important and appreciated.

BR
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by agenov View Post
    To be more precisely you have counters and real time traces for both.

BR
    Alex
    This is not suitable for me. I need to have UL load factor for all cells inside cluster (more than 100). And if we speack about BH, i need to have one value for day for every cell, for Month. If i will use real time trace, i will waste 1 year for this job

Senior Member Reputation: 402

Hi
    see my comments in Red

Thanks a lot for response, but can you clarify for me some issues from your explanation:

1) Im i right, at first i need to calculate Back_noise in accordance with formula Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0,1 than convert it to Watts, the next step -> convert RTWP to Watts and than divide Back_noise(W)/RTWP (W)==> yes

2) Can you explain, where did you get this formula? May be you have description? Back_noise=-112+(Step-1)*0,1 If you have the LMT check command ADD CELLCAC and look for Back_noise, from the explanation you can derive the formula

3) Did you work with Huawei equipment? Did you see counter which count EUN, because i really can not find it . if you have the HW performance decument look "ALGO.Cell"--> VS.RAC.DL.EqvUserNum

Thanks for your help!
    Future Belongs to those possessing beautiful DREAMS
    :)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    PWD:f1net0p1x

Hi
    see my comments in Red
    Thanks a lot.

Hi
    see my comments in Red
    Today i've checked your responce and i it is for me still is not clear:

1) -112 - what this? Because i've found only Background noice abnormal threshold (-100dBm). We use RAN 11.

2) And the second quastion is about VS.RAC.DL.EqvUserNum. I did not find it in M2000. May be it appeared in RAN 12?

Member Reputation: 555

Hi convert the dbm to mW or watt before calculating the formula

Quote Originally Posted by gprastomo View Post
    Hi convert the dbm to mW or watt before calculating the formula
    What do you mean?