Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Huawei Parameters Trials

Senior Member Reputation: 491

Default Huawei Parameters Trials

Dear Huawei experts,

Please let's share here Huawei parameters trials:

Which paramters you have changed?
    what's your recommended values?
    Ha sit led to improvement or degradation?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 18

Default Re: Huawei Parameters Trials

one more question again to experts:
    Which one is exact "congestion relief" parameter which i can adjust with dBm margins for handover?

Experts,

What do you know about feauters in Huawei called EICC?

A friend of mine mentioned that EICC can improve the uplink anti-interference capability, thus enhancing the uplink speech quality and data throughput accordingly..

but I couldn't propose it to client liek that, I've to understand:

How this features could bring improvment?
    Also, are there any pre-conditions must be acheived before enabling it?

Please supprot at the earliest

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Red face Re: Huawei Parameters Trials

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Experts,

What do you know about feauters in Huawei called EICC?

A friend of mine mentioned that EICC can improve the uplink anti-interference capability, thus enhancing the uplink speech quality and data throughput accordingly..

but I couldn't propose it to client liek that, I've to understand:

How this features could bring improvment?
    Also, are there any pre-conditions must be acheived before enabling it?

Please supprot at the earliest

I Think you are talking about Huawei feature Interference Cancellation, actually it is called E-DPDCH PIC,this feature surely eliminate interference signals on the DPCCH and E-DPDCH. EPIC helps achieve higher signal-to-interference ratio (SIR) in demodulation and further improve uplink capacity of the UMTS system
    Here how it works..

The basic idea of EPIC is to estimate the MAI {(Multi Acess Interference-In the scenario of multiple users, interference between users should be considered as noise too. This type of interference is called Multi acess interference)} in the received signals through decision and reconstruction and then to eliminate part of or all interference before the decision.

In the HSUPA application scenario, if there are some high-rate HSUPA subscribers and some are low low rate suscribers,high-throughput HSUPA subscribers generate serious UL interference to low-throughput HSUPA subscribers, and the rate of the original high-throughput HSUPA subscribers is also affected.
    When EPIC is used, the NodeB demodulates the HSUPA UL E-DPDCH data and then performs Interference Cancellation based on the demodulated data and the original received baseband data. Then, the NodeB demodulates the baseband data again after Interference Cancellation. For the baseband data after Interference Cancellation, the interference from the E-DPDCH data is eliminated and the MAI is reduced. Therefore, the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) of the data is improved.

You can check by NodeB param " IC_MODE" whether Interference Cancellation is supported by the cell

Hope it could help..

I'm working in 2G not 3G :-)

VIP Member Reputation: 1050 tester's Avatar

Summary
    The interference on the signals received by multiple antennas has both spatial correlation and temporal correlation: co-channel interference (CCI) and inter-symbol interference (ISI). After considering the correlation of these two types of interference, EICC combines the signals received by multiple antennas to provide better signal quality on the uplink.

Benefits
    • The EICC feature improves the uplink signal quality to meet the requirements for radio communications and to improve the uplink performance in scenarios with wide coverage.
    • With the uplink anti-interference capability improved, tight frequency reuse can be achieved and thus the system capacity is increased.

Description
    Similar to ICC, EICC mainly applies to the network where the tight frequency reuse pattern is adopted and the traffic volume is heavy.
    The interference on the signals received by multiple antennas has both spatial correlation and temporal correlation: CCI and ISI. Considering the spatial correlation and temporal correlation of the interference, ICC eliminates these two types of interference independently. EICC, however, considers the correlation of these two types of interference and constructs the multidimensional combining coefficient matrix to combine the signals according to the maximum signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) criteria. In this way, EICC obtains the optimized uplink signals.
    EICC requires the matrix of interference, which is calculated on the basis of the training sequence of wanted signals. For each RX signal, the network estimates a channel model based on the training sequence of the signal, reconstructs the wanted signal, and subtracts the wanted signal from the RX signal to obtain the interfering signal. The network then estimates the matrix of each interfering signal and analyzes the statistical dependency of these interfering signals. Based on the statistical dependency, some interference is counteracted during the combination of RX signals to maximize the combination gain.
    Knowledge should be free

EICC combines the signals received by multiple antennas

Does it mean I've to use multiple antennas in my BTS??

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Wink Re: Huawei Parameters Trials

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    I'm working in 2G not 3G :-)
    No worries....post might be useful for experts working
    on 3G

Dear huawei,

Do you have good trials to share?

Member Reputation: 154

Hello there,

What you are talking about is something very important for people working in RAN domain. In 3G Huawei responded to this request, and prepared an Excel workbook with all database parameters, and whether they have any effect on performance or not.

The list is well explained and can be filtered to search for anything. However the first thing to start with before tackling this subject is to understand what you are working on, for instance if you are working on handover problems, there are times which you need to increase a parameter and there are times where you need to decrease the same parameter.

Parameter optimization is not a fixed science but rather a soft one which you need to know how to model.

I suggest that we go case by case, and learn from experience.

Regards,