Thanks Thanks:  36
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Brief summary of forum rules

Member Reputation: 390

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful.

Exclamation Brief summary of forum rules

For your info: The referential rules are what you can find in the forum in related section. this is just a small summary for whom Are in hurry, Don't have much time; Don't know very well the area, the juniors, don't have good memory to keep the rules in mind.

This message is suspected to be updated or moved under "Forum Rules(Must read for everyone)" Thread by administrators.

Quick summary of the rules:
    The actions which are forbidden and the senders will be punished:
    1- "Asking Password" as a public message in any way
    2- "Asking for file" as a public message with the reason that you don't have sufficient download level (juniors, ...)
    3- Writing "Thanks" as a public message in any way
    4- Non technical/scientific discussion (if it is not useful for others)
    5- Any type of insult, menace or force. any type of revealing real identity or working information of other member without his permission
    6- Opening a new thread in non related section
    7- Sending the documents or files which has been sent by other one before
    8- Requesting for Points or reputation in exchange of Password as a condition
    9- Putting password on your files without putting the password in related area or your signature
    10- Repeating your post in the aim of spamming.
    11- Creating two IDs
    12- Giving Thanks or Reputation among some IDs without any reason; in the aim of increasing the level

Punishment:
    - loosing points
    - blocking accounts for short or long time
    - Deleting messages
    The punishment will be done directly without any pre-alerting or reminding.
    Two or all of these punishments can be affected together.

Solutions:
    1* For the password, if you can't find it in proper area; Please alert one of the administrators or moderators or the message sender [via the private message].
    2* For upgrading your download level; try to give the gift to members by participating in the forum
    3* You have Thanks button and Reputation Button for these aims
    4* Any funny discussion can be done via chat, email or private conversation
    5* We don't accept any violation, so there is not any solution for this item
    6* Check the structure of the Forum and then during creating your thread, change the options to put your thread in proper area
    7* Just with a small search you can find that some documents are sent before or not. It is obvious that is difficult to check all messages for this subject; but a general search can prevent 90% of repeated files/documents. [The admins accept the logical faults with 10% probability]
    8, 9* There is no exception on this item for new post. Some old posts before 2010 (15/09/2010) are exceptions. Don't forget that VIP members have special and exceptional rights.
    10, 11, 12* We don't accept any violation, so there is not any solution for these items

Some notes:
    I- Any excuse as you were not aware of the rules is not acceptable. It is on you to recheck the forum rules thread or at least this page time by time. The first item for using every application or forum is reading it's guide patiently.

II- Any rule in the forum has a logical and acceptable reason based on the long time activities of this forum. We assure you that such rules (as password protection, prohibiting putting password, download classing or availability of files) are decided following some events, 3rd party complaint or bad activities of some users.

III- Any logical and reasonable suggestion is welcome. [to be communicated via administrators or moderators]

IV- VIP members are always respected for us; So in your suggestions think about getting their idea.

V- As you know VIP members and administrator are normally much busy; so please don't bother with sending worthless/non-important requests or messages. Let them keeping their time on appreciable activities.

VI- It is strictly requested that Senior members respect mentioned rules and they guide kindly the new members in such subjects. At least referring them to forum rules thread or this list will be appreciated. Senior members are as the guides for new members. Their good activities prevent new members' mistakes and penalizing in following.

VII- It is much important for the forum to keep the download link of the companies' properties (documents, applications or other stuff) in a text file and protect this file and/or the downloadable file via password. This is much important for forum activity. Obviously the password must be available in the post, your signature or in related area.

it is just proposed to RENAME "this text file" or "target compressed/download file". this act prevents finding these files by the administrators of "File sharing servers". the new name for the target file can be anything like an abbriviation or a date or something else. just don't use a company name or a software name. [easy but useful]

VIII- Make sure that if you want to put an attachment; in message of your post; explain the attachment as:
    For documents:
    The publisher (vendor or publisher,...) , Type of document (doc,ppt,...), Number of pages, Title of document, Main/Head Items of table of contents, Type of content (Training, Guide, Manual, Reference, test method, ...); if exists [ISBN, Author,...] ; mention Password protected/No Password.
    For applications :
    Complete Name; Complete Version, Company Name; mention Password protected/No Password; if exists:[ With Driver, With manual, With sample/template, ...] ; with non regular writing shows that it has CRK, MED, PTCH, EMLTR (you have many types of writing]

IX- please don't write some comments under others' messages when they have written comments. If you see these comments really useful and necessary and you like to help the area. Please send you produced comments to the MESSAGE SENDER or a MODERATOR for putting in the same message.

ANNOUNCE : Following to some recent changes in teh forum laws; some of these rules are updated and changed via other forum rules messages. In anyway these rules are ay least validate and the news updated rules are more restrictive than these rules.
    We will try to update this rule board with all new rules.
    Last edited by riverstreamer; 2012-02-27 at 12:09 AM Reason: updating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

Default Re: Brief summary of forum rules

@all members,
    please do read the forum rules carefully.
    In addition:

- With the bad post:1. Neg reps will be added ; 2. Physically removed
    - If the error is repeated: time_based banned

BRs
    kamy
    Last edited by riverstreamer; 2011-11-09 at 12:01 PM

Member Reputation: 120

Hi good day, I am new hear, and I hope to learn many things here and in return i wish I can contribute also in this community.

Junior Member Reputation: 13

very imforative, i hope ican learn and contribute a lot in this forum. rf rocks,

Senior Member Reputation: 379

Believe there were exception or condition added for item:

9- Putting password on your files without putting the password in related area or your signature

As referred to new rule thread as:

http://www.finetopix.com/announcemen...-password.html

stated:
    II. The putting password to the attached files is now allowed only for the med of forum_based related software and/or med come together with the installer

Please advice on this would be much appreciated.
    Default Password:finetopix

Member Reputation: 258

Dura lex, sed lex

Cicero
    132AD

"The law [is] harsh, but [it is] the law". It follows from the principle of the rule of law that even draconian laws must be followed and enforced; if one disagrees with the result, one must seek to change the law.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocard_(legal_term)
    Last edited by riverstreamer; 2012-02-26 at 11:20 PM Reason: clearing the post for all !

Smile Re: Brief summary of forum rules

I was aware on this subject. We will have a committee in next days among some superiors, administrators, and active members. We will decide in less than 10 days for these inconveniences. In the time please keep your activity and be patient. It is sure that everyone in the forum (including all members to superiors) wants to have a stable and good enviroment. We try to get the best decision for it. Some of you will receive a message as a question list tonight for voting and giving back your idea which will fix some rules definitively. Surely the voters will decide on behalf of a member + senior member as they have had both experiences.

It is started; We hope in less than a week we can gather all votes of participants that have received the message and we will come back to you asap.
    A thread with a name like "Forum Internal Rule Board" will be created after it including all rules mentioned in all threads; to let all members in any level to views all up to date rules in a glance. The thread will be locked preferably to prevent any discussion in the thread. the discussion will be done in other thread and this thread will be always as a final board for all memebrs. If it is possible just THANKS butoon will be kept active to get your Thanks showing that you respect to internal rules of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kentck86 View Post
    Believe there were exception or condition added for item:

As referred to new rule thread as:

http://www.finetopix.com/announcemen...-password.html

stated:
    II. The putting password to the attached files is now allowed only for the med of forum_based related software and/or med come together with the installer

Please advice on this would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by riverstreamer; 2011-10-28 at 06:22 AM

Lightbulb Re: Brief summary of forum rules

In order ro be clear with all members of the forum; put this message in here, that you know what is happening for improving and stabling the forum conditions.

We have lunched following vote among the "active users"/"VIP"/Superiors/ administrators/moderators by PM. As these guys know very well all needs of the forum and the history of the forum; and base on our request that they put thesmselves in the position of a member / senior member too (As you know for long time they had been junior member, member and senior member like you; So we are sure that the will get the best decisions for the forum.

If any "ACTIVE SENIOR MEMBER" / "VIP" / "Moderator" is missed in this list; and if he likes; I'll be thankfull that he sends a Private Message to me containing just the Answer Sheet.

For your general info; as you know every forum has a GOLDEN DURATION; it starts a day and it dies other day. What the members can do for their forum, is prolongation of the forum life and if the moderators and administrators of the forum implement the good strategies, they can lengthen the Golden Life of the forum too. The FINETOPIX is in the COLDEN AGE now a time, and we want to prolongate this duration more and more.

In this way, all you logical proposition and your good activity is more important. We remind you if today you don't need much the forum, don't forget that some times ago you needed it and you wanted that the older guys to support and help you. Surely in the future you will need the forum too. So keep your activity by participating in forum activities, sharing knowledge, giving what you have in your hand as a magic info/tool/doc to others. Yesterday someone helped you; So today you help others that you can be honor of their support to the youngs in future.
    If you search in the web, you can find some limited forums that (have) had a long golden duration based on the cooperation of all memebrs from the lowest level to highest.

We will be thankful if you propose us any logical method or proposition that can be implemented, and it is useful for the forum. analyse your idea and send it to us.
    We need that you organize better and better your message when you want to open a thread. Maybe you find exactly a thread like that by a small search. maybe you should review in which section, you must put you thread.
    We need to give a better structure to some areas like LIVE OPTIMISATION. it is required that you start mind-sharing with the forum superiors.
    If a rule seems difficult or strange for you, you can ask for the reason; Indeed we don't like any rule if we don't need it; So we assure you that there a reason behind any logical decision.

And in here you can see the message sent to some of your friends; If have the conditions of a voter as mentiond in top; excuse me for missing your name and please send your PM to me.

================================

Dear All;
    (message 1 over 2)
    This message is long; but we will be appreciated if you read it in all an answer the questions carefully.
    As you know, recently, we has seen some new propositions or changes n the rules that are not entirely agreed by all superiors and for some point we have yet some claims or doubts by many users. If you are not aware; please read the new threads in announcement section. Some of you have received many personal messages too.

To finish this story and as we can't arrive to a final decision; we prepared a question list. We can't get all users' idea because of some reasons that I can explain you later (if you want). We decided to get the idea of some users with more activities. The IDs that I chose are written in below; I tried to choose the guys with more activity or long history with the forum as they know all problem of the forum.

I ask you to read each of these questions and all answers carefully. Put you as a general user, some of you have passed junior, member, senior and VIP levels so you are aware about the limits and benefits of each level. You know very well who and when should access to which information. You know that annoying others or sending useless messages is not good. You are surely aware about the copyright problems with CRKs, softwares, vendors’ documents,...
    So please choose the answer as it should be right.
    (Some of you answered me before during preparing the question list phase; I ask you to reanswer again)

I HOPE that we, all, respect to the results of this voting.
    I need that you just return us the answer sheet. I prefer that you answer to ALL like that it will be clear for everyone; but if you like, you can answer just to me for collecting the votes. Surely I'll send the answer to ADMINISTRATOR at last and I inform you at the same time. If just ADMINISTRATOR doesn't want to apply a decision, it’s on his decision. He is ADMINISTRATOR of his forum
    At the end, instead of many threads for internal rules; we will prepare one locked thread which contains all rules form all these threads. (From that time; the result of any discussion in a thread will be applied in this thread as the INTERNAL RULE BOARD). So we won't have the confused junior members among some threads and messages in the announcement section.

I tried to put all active/superiors/special members in voting list. If you want you can forward this message to other member for voting (we are really open in this subject), but don't forget that they should be a "senior active"/VIP/superior/"special supporter" member.
    I wait for your feedback for a weak; but I hope that I can get your feedback in two or three days.

I tried to put all logical answers for each question. If you have really any remarkable comment for a question; you can put it at the end of the answer list mentioning the number of related question.
    If you have other question for voting or any other problem; Please send it to me; if it is discussable, we will bring in vote in other session.

For question 4, if you want, please write a simple solution like: "X messages over Y months"; ADMINISTRATOR answered for this question:"yes, less than 12 posts for 3 months". You can

Voting list participants (22 persons):
    adewijaya, kaka.enine, zementmischer, labviewlover, adewijaya, striker, mobysol, optimplanner, GEZA, riverstreamer, zeuscane, kamy, punto, DCA, ali56s, besoeso, clive, edinburgh, parto_tegal, riyantoyadi, hassen, ptt3i

AGAIN: Please read the questions and all answers carefully and then choose your item.

======
    Question 1: The material protection will be applied on ?

Question 2 : Can we move a document or a CRK which is published in public area to private area (forbidden or LTE) ?

Question 3 : Do we open LTE zone to public area (moving contents to public area) ?

Question 4 : Do we apply "depromoting" (Senior/VIP to member level) ?

Question 5 : Do we change the promoting criteria (member to senior to VIP, etc) time by time ?

Question 6 : Where can we put the default password ?

Question 7: after a public announce to all, what do we do with the guys who send the "THANKS" or "ask for password" as an independent public message ?

================
    Answer Sheet
    Your ID:
    Question 1)
    Question 2)
    Question 3)
    Question 4)
    Question 5)
    Question 6)
    Question 7)
    comments:
    ===============

With thanks for your attention.

Best Regards,
    FINETOPIX Wire Free Alliance

Dear All;
    (message 2 over 2)
    I hope you have read all the text of the first message : "Guide and notifications".

If YES, Please read the questions and all answers carefully and choose your item in ANSWER SHEET.
    For question 4; we give the possibility like the example mentioned in message 1 over 2.

Question 1: The material protection will be applied on ?
    a) Just CRK & softwares (as obligation)
    b) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and the documents (training or confidential reports) belonged to a vendor/operator/publisher (as obligation)
    c) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and the documents (training or confidential reports) belonged to a vendor/operator/publisher (as desired)
    d) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and the documents (training or confidential reports) belonged to a vendor/operator/publisher (as forbidden)
    e) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and any type of documents (as obligation)
    f) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and any type of documents (as desired)
    g) CRK & softwares (as obligation) and any type of documents (as forbidden)

Question 2 : Can we move a document or a CRK which is published in public area to private area (forbidden or LTE) ?
    a) Yes
    b) No
    c) Yes, but after the post sender confirmation (and without his confirmation, for the CRKs which are not protected by password)
    d) Yes, but after the post sender confirmation

Question 3 : Do we open LTE zone to public area (moving contents to public area) ?
    a) No
    b) Yes, but all to Forbidden City area
    c) Yes, but for every poster (material poster in LTE zone) decides if he wants to keep it in "LTE zone" or in "forbidden city" OR in "public area"
    d) Yes, but all to public area

Question 4 : Do we apply "depromoting" (Senior/VIP to member level) ?
    a) No
    b) Yes, as "Kamy" organized for points, etc
    c) Yes; but based on inactivity (sending at least one message per month)
    d) Yes; but based on inactivity (sending at least one message per 3 months)
    e) Yes; but based on inactivity (sending at least one message per 6 months)
    f) Yes; but based on inactivity (sending at least one message per 12 months)
    G) Yes, but based on inactivity (sending at least 12 posts for 3 months)

Question 5 : Do we change the promoting criteria (member to senior to VIP, etc) time by time ?
    a) Not at all
    b) Yes, as decided every time by administrator board (but the proposition must be by minimum three superiors)
    c) Yes, we keep current criteria and we won't change it at all
    d) Yes, we review current criteria and it can be reviewed every year after (but the proposition must be by minimum three superiors)

Question 6 : Where can we put the default password ?
    a) Just in password list
    b) Just in signature
    c) In password list OR in signature (or both as desired)

Question 7: after a public announce to all, what do we do with the guys who send the "THANKS" or "ask for password" as an independent public message ?
    a) Just delete their post
    b) Delete their post, AND Infraction (negative point and blocking for some days)
    c) Delete their post, AND negative reputation (negative point)
    d) PLEASE WRITE YOUR IDEA if you have other idea other idea

You are free to choose the answer as you like and annonce it to all participants of the vote.
    ================
    Answer Sheet
    Your ID:
    Question 1)
    Question 2)
    Question 3)
    Question 4)
    Question 5)
    Question 6)
    Question 7)
    comments:
    ===============

Thanks for your attention and your support.

You can find the answers and comments to the questions in attached file; We will try to get the other guys' ideas and become to a conclusion for some questions like 4. some comments and suggestions are considerable. All can be seen in attachment.

ANSWERs.zip

11. Thanks kamy, GEZA, adewijaya, echomoon, besoeso, clive thanked for this post
    BannedUser-MultiAccounts Reputation: 134

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Hi admin,
    If you fix the Rule, I think you have thread only for this rule(no reply). Because when you post, many people post their reply, we have many page. Newer can not read it at the beginning. This is only my idea.
    Best Regard.