Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 3g Huawei 2g ********

Member Reputation: 154

Default 3g Huawei 2g ********

Dears,

I wonder if somebody could share what are the main issues to look at, when installing Huawei 3g network with ******** 2g network.

Regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 17

Default Re: 3g Huawei 2g ********

what exactly you want to know ? because we use 3G huawei, 2G huawei and 2G ******** all together now

Member Reputation: 80

Dear,
    from my experience, if the 2G to 3G is enabled, the voice DCR will increase on 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by didemir View Post
    what exactly you want to know ? because we use 3G huawei, 2G huawei and 2G ******** all together now

Dear didemir,

We will have exactly the same setup in addition to 50 LTE sites. Tareq replied with one good precaution 3G CDR will increase. I will start from here. In case you can add more it will be nice to share expertise in such setups.

Regards,

Member Reputation: 211

the problem when installing is the tx and rx cable were not connected properly. you should check the consistency of the termination.. You might connect tx to rx or vise-versa that's why the call drops/failure occurred. Please add reputaion thank you sir

Member Reputation: 370

Wink Re: 3g Huawei 2g ********

In Asia, all devices 3G (RNC, NodeB, etc...) same as Huawei' devices. However, now NSN bought ********'s Wimax network with 925 million dollar after lawsuits . At the moment, NSN and ******** have hung on to their position at the top of the LTE vendor table, taking home 35% of LTE contracts in the first quarter of 2011. Huawei retained its second position with 21%, up slightly compared to the 20% in the fourth quarter of 2010. ZTE moved into third with 14%, overtaking E******* whose share declined to 10% in Q1 from 13% a quarter earlier.

Hello there,

Good information to share, but would you kindly mention your reference. I can check from informaTM about the position of each vendor in LTE industry.

However my purpose from asking this question was to learn from others experience in installing such networks. Till now we had the following points,

1. Take care of Call Drop Rate for 3G. Check antenna connectivity. (Note: this is a good hint by shagahod, since that ******** 2G and Huawei 3G will be colocated, and share the same antenna)
    On the other hand, I think that we need to monitor handover for both sites. I will do further investigation on this subject and return to you later on.

Thanks dear for your efforts.

Member Reputation: 129

Nokia Siemens Networks Completes Acquisition ******** Solutions Network Assets
    By: Ian Mansfield | 29th Apr 2011: 6:25pm
    ­Nokia Siemens Networks has announced that it has finally completed its long-delayed purchase of a block of ******** Solutions' network assets.
    The transaction had been delayed several times, lately due to a since-settled lawsuit by Huawei and unrelated delays at the Chinese regulators.
    Nokia Siemens Networks paid US$975 million and as of April 30 2011, responsibility for supporting customers of ******** Solutions' GSM, CDMA, WCDMA, WiMAX and LTE products and services transfers to Nokia Siemens Networks.
    "******** Solutions is pleased to complete this transaction to combine our Networks team with an industry leader," said Greg Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer, ******** Solutions. "This is great news for our customers, our investors and our people and will allow ******** Solutions to further sharpen our strategic focus on providing mission-critical solutions for our government and enterprise customers."
    The acquisition strengthens Nokia Siemens Networks' position in key regions, particularly North America and Japan, as well as with some of the world's major service providers. Based on revenue, the addition of ******** Solutions' Networks assets makes Nokia Siemens Networks the third largest wireless infrastructure vendor in the United States and the leading non-Japanese wireless vendor in Japan.
    As part of the deal, responsibility for supporting 50 operators across 52 countries, as well as approximately 6,900 employees, will transfer to Nokia Siemens Networks. In addition, Nokia Siemens Networks is acquiring a number of research and development facilities including sites in the United States, China, Russia, India and the UK.

Member Reputation: 172

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    Dears,

I wonder if somebody could share what are the main issues to look at, when installing Huawei 3g network with ******** 2g network.

Regards,

Just check your KPIs as usual nothing specific about these two vendors....

Member Reputation: 38

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
    Dears,

Regards,

you need to be carefull about neighbor definitions, as these will be external neighbors and can have incostencies on definitions