Thanks Thanks:  1
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: E******* I-RAT Parameters

Member Reputation: 83

Default E******* I-RAT Parameters

Hi Experts,
    I want to clarify some confusion about the Inter RAT HO parameters in E******* P7.

1) measQuantity1(Quantity to measure for 2d and 2f) is defined as the RNC level parameter in E*******. But Huawei have this as cell parameter and gives more flexible for optimization. Also Huawei have RSCP, Ec/Io and BOTH as option for this parameter but E******* have RSCP and Ec/Io only. I feel this also a drawback. Is there any other way to achieve the same result as Huawei in E*******? (Actually I want to make the measurement quantity as RSCP in some border cells)

2) Also usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp defined for all RAB types in E******* not separately for CS and PS like Huawei. I wants to make the CS I-RAT bit quicker so made the usedFreqThresh2dEcno from -12 dB to -9 dB but in-addition to CS IRAT HOs PS I-RAT HOs also increased. Is there any way to make it for CS only in E*******.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Default Re: E******* I-RAT Parameters

For question 1, the parameters usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp are set at the cell level so if you want RSCP only triggers you can set usedFreqThresh2dEcno to its max (i.e. -25dBm) on those cells.

For question 2, you can use service based offsets to trigger CS HO quicker. These are set per UeRc (i.e RAB type), for Ec/N0 and RSCP.

Member Reputation: 83

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    For question 1, the parameters usedFreqThresh2dEcno and usedFreqThresh2dRscp are set at the cell level so if you want RSCP only triggers you can set usedFreqThresh2dEcno to its max (i.e. -25dBm) on those cells.

For question 2, you can use service based offsets to trigger CS HO quicker. These are set per UeRc (i.e RAB type), for Ec/N0 and RSCP.
    Hi mate,

Thanks a lot. First solution is perfect, In the second case the per RAB offsets are RNC level parameters and they'll affect all cells. It's a drawback. Isn't it?

Thanks

Member Reputation: 29

try on one rnc and check if ok then implement on the network