Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Iddle or connected

Member Reputation: 30

Default Iddle or connected

Hello everybody, I dont know others but i always see iddle Ec/Io worst than connected Ec/Io. Is there any reason for this??? i mean something in the DRX time??? Some people tell me that in GSM in iddle its always better than connected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 195

Default Re: Iddle or connected

In idle mode,you are not connected to the network while In connected mode there are traffic you must consider..

Junior Member Reputation: 11

normally it's the inverse that must happen in Idle mode you should have better Ec/Io Since UR not adding ur interference to the overall interference in the radio interface.

there must be something wrong

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

I need to verify this, but in idle mode the UE is not using its rake fingers, so there is no multipath combing. Once in dedicated mode, it can do so and thus extract more energy from the P-CPICH..

As you mention the periodicity of measurements is different.. In idle mode the UE measures every DRX cycle (which is configurable 640ms, 1280ms etc) but in dedicated mode the UE measures every 200ms. But this alone wouldn't necessarily give you different measurement results..

Member Reputation: 30

Ok ... things get a little more clear .. but i have worked with H and E and always see iddle ec/io worst than in connected.