Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: mapinfo problem

Member Reputation: 228

Default mapinfo problem

Hello,
    I have exported a tems log files with parameter rx level,latitude,longitude,rx qual in mapinfo tab. Then i open it in mapinfo and create a thematic map for rx level. My problem is how can i show the call drop, handover fail, handover like events in the thematic map. and how can i connect this map to the serving cells.
    Last edited by simmus0300; 2009-03-28 at 12:56 PM

2. Thanks mkk123 thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

VIP Member Reputation: 897

Quote Originally Posted by rameshjtofrsppt View Post
    Hello,
    I have exported a tems log files with parameter rx level,latitude,longitude,rx qual in mapinfo tab. Then i open it in mapinfo and create a thematic map for rx level. My problem is how can i show the call drop, handover fail, handover like events in the thematic map. and how can i connect this map to the serving cells.

SEE the snapshot attached here.
    Attachment 3322

Not a problem bruv,,

You need to make sure that you have exported the events when exporting the Mapinfo tab from TEMS investigation. When u export it by using MAPINFO (.TAB) option, there are two tabs in a parameter selection window of TEMS. Select the tab from top and make sure you have selected the option "Export the events but do not plot in MapInfo", See Snapshot attached. Now run the export process !

Once the tab is created, open the tab in MapInfo. Go to Table --> Maintainence --> Table Structure. Select the TAB which you have opened in MapInfo and click OK. Make sure events is checked, check the "TABLE is Mapable".

Press CTRL + F and click specify.

In Search Table, select the logfile tab.

In "For Objects in Column": Select "events"

Mark with symbol (like arrow) and click OK.

Now Suppose you have call drops, then search for call drop and click OK. There you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by venom; 2009-03-16 at 03:14 AM Reason: Picture Addition

5. Thanks mkk123 thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by lccengr View Post
    Not a problem bruv,,

You need to make sure that you have exported the events when exporting the Mapinfo tab from TEMS investigation. When u export it by using MAPINFO (.TAB) option, there are two tabs in a parameter selection window of TEMS. Select the tab from top and make sure you have selected the option "Export the events but do not plot in MapInfo", See Snapshot attached. Now run the export process !

Once the tab is created, open the tab in MapInfo. Go to Table --> Maintainence --> Table Structure. Select the TAB which you have opened in MapInfo and click OK. Make sure events is checked, check the "TABLE is Mapable".

Press CTRL + F and click specify.

In Search Table, select the logfile tab.

In "For Objects in Column": Select "events"

Mark with symbol (like arrow) and click OK.

Now Suppose you have call drops, then search for call drop and click OK. There you go
    Dear Iccengr,
    Thanks. I have increased your reputation.
    Now one question is that how can view in mapinfo which cell is giving coverage at different pts in map but i do not want to label cell id as it will look not good and looking informaion at every pt. in the map is not a good idea.

Senior Member Reputation: 690

one simple thing, map it with cell id.
    make a thematic of cell id, or BCCH (not much accurate)

Quote Originally Posted by davidbrayan View Post
    one simple thing, map it with cell id.
    make a thematic of cell id, or BCCH (not much accurate)
    Dear david,
    Can you tell me how to show distance on thematic map from the serving sites at different points or under certain conditions like poor rx level,Call drop, Handover failure,
    Thanks in advance.

Member Reputation: 298

Default reply regarding connecting serving cells with DT logs

Dude,

There is one hidden utility in mapinfo (Spider.mbx ) , just use it and u can connect serving cells with the DT logs in ur mapinfo

1. Click on Mapinfo tool manager and load the Spider.mbx
    2. Export ur logs in tab format along with Serving Cell Id or CI (Information Element )(eg use TEMS to export this IE )
    3.Now use Spider.mbx utility and connect cell site data base with ur dt logs in mapinfo
    4.Now apply thematic map on export file of Spider as well as ur loaded DT Logs . ( eg u can plot Rx Level thematic on DT Logs and Spider out put as serving Cell id etc etc )

(Well u can perform this kinda analysis in ACTIX )

Regards,
    Faib

Dear Iccengr,
    Thanks. I have increased your reputation.
    Now one question is that how can view in mapinfo which cell is giving coverage at different pts in map but i do not want to label cell id as it will look not good and looking informaion at every pt. in the map is not a good idea.
    David has already given the answer to the question. I'll just tell you in more explanatory format !

You need to draw your sites through SiteSee (See my Guide of Creating sites) but there will be an extra column in it having BCCH. There will be 4 Mandatory COLUMNS in your excel sheet, Cell Ids, Lat, Long, Azimuth and 1 Extra Column Of BCCH. When u have created your cell IDs, you just need to draw the thematic of your sites according to the BCCH. I hope you know how to create the thematics that will color your SITE with different BCCH COLORS. If not then please ask and i'll tell you with snapshot !

Now Export your logfile with an extra Element --> ARFCN in it. Now Draw the thematic of your logfile in Mapinfo according to the exported element (ARFCN). You will note that the colors given to your logfile ARFCNs are different than the site BCCH. Just edit both thematics and give the same color to SAME ARFCNs. Thats it !

Color will tell you which BCCH is served where and which sector is having this BCCH !

If you know how to write the expression in MapInfo then you can also create the thematic of BCCH+BSIC in it. It is not difficult at all but little extra effort can make you do this as well.

The easiest method is to use POST PROCESSING tools, i recommend you to use Actix and then see the downlink measurements. Plot your Serving ARFCNs in it, the colors of sites and your drive will be automatically adjusted by Actix

Have fun !

Dear david,
    Can you tell me how to show distance on thematic map from the serving sites at different points or under certain conditions like poor rx level,Call drop, Handover failure,
    Thanks in advance.
    Bruv that is a little tricky part. You need to calculate the distance in order to do so if you want it to display in thematic. Remember thematics are just the differentiation of colors, symbols etc of the table elements. To do so you need to put again an extra effort. I can tell you the hint of it !

Export the logfile in FMT (txt format) with Lat, Long, Cell IDs, Rxlev (dbm) in it. Open it in Excel and then copy in a new excel sheet with proper headers. Once completed, just remove the blanked cells in excel sheet. You know the Cell ID Lat Long Already, so there are distance formulae formula below, calculate your distance from any 1 of them and add it in extra column of ur excel sheet !

Formula 1

R = earth’s radius (mean radius = 6,371km)
    Δlat = lat2− lat1
    Δlong = long2− long1
    a = sin²(Δlat/2) + cos(lat1).cos(lat2).sin²(Δlong/2)
    c = 2.atan2(√a, √(1−a))
    d = R.c

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haversine_formula

Formula 2

d = acos(sin(lat1).sin(lat2)+cos(lat1).cos(lat2).cos(long2−long1)).R

d=distance (km)

lat1 = Cell ID latitude. (fixed)

long1 = Cell ID longitude. (fixed)

lat2 = Logfile lat (variable, see in excel sheet it is reported in every sample)
    long2 = Logfile long ( variable, see in excel sheet it is reported in every sample)

Once you have calculated distance in your excel sheet, just import the excel and draw points according to Lat long so that you'll get your route in Mapinfo. Then create the RANGES thematic according to the distance you have calculated in extra column.

Cheers
    Last edited by venom; 2009-03-18 at 04:52 AM

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Reputation: 10

you can assign some simbol to your event and it will be viewable on a map

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Default ...

If you know how to write the expression in MapInfo then you can also create the thematic of BCCH+BSIC in it. It is not difficult at all but little extra effort can make you do this as well.
    Dear Expert 'lccengr'

Could you describe how to perform the above quoted message???

Thanks and reputation in advance