Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: 3G Uplink Congestion

Member Reputation: 15

Default 3G Uplink Congestion

Hi everyone,
    I am a new staff faced with a major problem. The operator I am working for, is currently experiencing uu uplink congestion on the 3G network. Therefore, it is very hard for calls to get admission. I will be much grateful if you can point me to some efforts of reducing this congestion. We are currently using 128 CE for the cell and using Huawei eqeuipment. Thanks a lot for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 53

Default Re: 3G Uplink Congestion

Dear Mate,

Are U already check UL Interference?
    Hopefully helping U.

BR/
    JM

We already down tilted the antenna by 2 degrees to reduce the load; but the problem still persists. I dont really know how to check for uplink interference- do I need specialsed equipment like spectrum analyser or can I get it from the NodeB LMT? Any resources how to carry it out?

U can check uplink interference from RNC measurement.
    Use moshell, input command "cedh" then look for the cell related at the ulInt column.

More simple use command "cedr -r <iublink name>.

CMIIW, for detail please look into AMOS or MOSHELL help page.

After, make sure there are an UL interference then U can search using spectrum analyzer. Usually, there is some pico repeater installed near the RBS.

Goog luck mate.

I have searched cedh or cedr but could not find it on the Huawei BSC 6810. Appreciate your help. I'm still searching for solutions.

Member Reputation: 54

just check the RTWP for adjacent cell and also check any 2g repeater is placed near the site

Im' sorry mate, I didn't realized that you are using Huawei RNC. I thought U are using e*******.

Sorry mate, that's all I know.

Member Reputation: 172

Quote Originally Posted by RFSTUD View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am a new staff faced with a major problem. The operator I am working for, is currently experiencing uu uplink congestion on the 3G network. Therefore, it is very hard for calls to get admission. I will be much grateful if you can point me to some efforts of reducing this congestion. We are currently using 128 CE for the cell and using Huawei eqeuipment. Thanks a lot for your help!

First check which exactly resource can not pass admission. Could be NodeB channel elements or ENU in the UL and etc. there are statistics in M2000 for that.
    Then you may try to increase problematic capacity or to decrease load by different algorithms for that just like LDR for example.... Let us know what your findings are in order to get further.

BR
    Alex

Member Reputation: 73

Quote Originally Posted by RFSTUD View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I assume that you have 128 UL CEs.
    1. check what's the congestion threshold setting, if it was set to low, you can increase the threshold value
    2. If congestion are perceived at RRC level. Please consider to change the triggered threshold. It can be set on Call Admission Control algorithm (CAC). Using high thresholds allows efficient CE resources utilization.
    3. HSUPA share with R99's CEs but HSDPA won't, check whether you have HSUPA feature enabled and used by your customer, you can disable this feature if your customer don't purchase it
    4. check whether you have DCCC feature disabled, if it is, please enable it.

For example, Several parameters can be considered.
    Decreasing UL InitalBitRate to be ex: D32, this would enhance general accessibility

Enable UL & DL CE LDR:codeadj, CSINTERRAT, BE Rate Reduction

changed the ulmidratethd from 128 to 64 and dcccratethd to from 64 to 32

Regards

Zhanglw268

Member Reputation: 29

buddy its looking like parameter setting problem
    check when this problem start and try to find out what change had been done that time