Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: problem in the Paging causing degdation on SDCCH blocking and DCR and INHSR

Member Reputation: 18

Default problem in the Paging causing degdation on SDCCH blocking and DCR and INHSR

Dear experts
    We have strange thing on our network , during the weekend the paging request increase in two LAC both of them having 5 BSC the paging / sec reach to 35 but the problem that we get degdation on SDCCH blocking and DCR and INHSR and the strangest thing that the call volume decreased , as action we change the paging attempt from the MSC side from 4 to 2 but it was not working then we reduce the size of the BSC paging buffer from open to 100 but it was working

Any explanation will be appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 73

Default Re: problem in the Paging causing degdation on SDCCH blocking and DCR and INHSR

What's the below parameters setting in your cells?
    wait_indication_parameters
    ccch_conf
    bs_ag_blks_res
    bs_pa_mfrms
    extended_paging_active
    max_retran
    tx_integer
    rr_t3101

What's the below statistics in cell level?
    ACCESS_PER_RACH
    OK_ACC_PROC_SUC_RACH
    ALLOC_SDCCH_FAIL
    ALLOC_SDCCH
    CHAN_REQ_MS_BLK
    ACCESS_PER_AGCH
    CHAN_REQ_MS_FAIL

Were you having high/unusual chan_req_ms_fail building up gradually, then ALLOC_SDCCH_FAIL and CHAN_REQ_MS_BLK were high at the same time in a lot cells?

Default Re: problem in the Paging causing degdation on SDCCH blocking and DCR and INHSR

Below is the setting is parameters
    wait_indication_parameters
    ccch_conf
    bs_ag_blks_res
    bs_pa_mfrms
    extended_paging_active
    max_retran
    tx_integer
    rr_t3101

I don’t think there is any issue on the parameter setting
    Regarding to the below stats , all of them are going very high due to the very high paging that come suddenly from the MSC , but don’t know what is the reason for this paging
    I can say may be the degradation in KPi’s due to BTS stuck =èdue to the high paging but I’m not sure .
    . yesterady I split the LAC ,at least to reduce the paging and monitor the stats . till this momment no issue and

I have one senario let ‘s suupos there are a lot of traffic in some cells ( congstion ) under one LAC, what will happened for the MT calls , I think will be like the MS out of coverage . I mean the network will be busy and then the MSC will send the paging over and over againe on this LAC . as respons the PCH will be congestion but why RACH and AGRH and SDCCH why they respond to thos paging at all cells in the LAC .that’s why I split the LAC .

Till this moment every thing is ok

Below is the setting is parameters
    wait_indication_parameters6
    ccch_conf0
    bs_ag_blks_res2
    bs_pa_mfrms2
    extended_paging_active1
    max_retran1
    tx_integer12
    rr_t31012000

Did you see below event/alarms a lot in the system while the problem existed?

[0] Flow control procedure has started barring normal calls from access classes 0-9 - FMIC - Warning -/-.
    02 .

Please note that the additional informaton field is 02 not 01 or 03.

Member Reputation: 914

see attached file for 3G paging analysis...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes the below alarms existed on many cells , do you think the problem was due to the flow control, if yes can you explain?

I’m thinking if the MS was blocked due the flow control on certain cell , may be can camp on other cell specially if the MS was moving . and then these Scenario will be repeated over and over again .

Final question, What's rach_load_threshold value in these alarms cells?

Many thanks , pls find below the setting of the flow control

rach_load_period
    rach_load_thresh
    ccch_load_period
    tch_flow_control
    flow_control_t1
    flow_control_t2

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

The problem you had is exactly the same problem which happened in another network in the same country more than 1 years ago. I had the explanation at that time and also shared with the people in this network.

This is network cell level parameters setting issue, with current settings, this can happen at any time if the conditions are right.

You shall be able to get the explanation and solution as there are still people working there along with you.

If you need further help, please let me know.