Thanks Thanks:  16
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: CE Explanation

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default CE Explanation

Can someone provide me an explanation/application usage of channel elements in the nodeB please? When a call is made does the call "use up" one entire CE for the duration of a CS call? For PS sessions is the CE used as required or "leased" to the UE? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 172

Default Re: CE Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by ro_wan View Post
    Can someone provide me an explanation/application usage of channel elements in the nodeB please? When a call is made does the call "use up" one entire CE for the duration of a CS call? For PS sessions is the CE used as required or "leased" to the UE? Thanks in advance.

Channel elements are base-band processing capacity of the NodeB and is based on SF used in Cell_DCH. There is exact relation between each service/rate and CEs consumption (for example AMR 12.2 = 1CE in DL and 1 CE in the UL, HSUPA 1.4Mbps consumes 22CE in the UL (vendor specific) and etc). For the entire duration of the session these elements are used only for that particular call. There are many posts in the forum about this issue so you can check them as well.

Member Reputation: 143

the attached file will help you , it has CE explanation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Thanks la_gleaner, kevin_h811 thanked for this post
    VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aminkhan View Post
    the attached file will help you , it has CE explanation.
    I would take it's contents with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of this dimensioning rule before..

"If the user is near to BS he will use less power and will use 1 CE and if far the 2 CE’s."

CE utilisation directly related to power? I don't think so..

Quote Originally Posted by agenov View Post
    Channel elements are base-band processing capacity of the NodeB and is based on SF used in Cell_DCH. There is exact relation between each service/rate and CEs consumption (for example AMR 12.2 = 1CE in DL and 1 CE in the UL, HSUPA 1.4Mbps consumes 22CE in the UL (vendor specific) and etc). For the entire duration of the session these elements are used only for that particular call. There are many posts in the forum about this issue so you can check them as well.
    For the second question regarding PS session, CE is required. If there is no CE available, no call setup will be attained.

CE usage depends on the type of traffic needed.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    I would take it's contents with a pinch of salt. I have never heard of this dimensioning rule before..

"If the user is near to BS he will use less power and will use 1 CE and if far the 2 CE’s."

CE utilisation directly related to power? I don't think so..
    Yes, CE utilization is not directly related to power. Near or far from the BTS, CE required for a specific traffic is constant. When two UEs with different distance from the BTS use the same CE with the same traffic.

Somehow, CE may also be related to distance but should not be treated with direct intervention.

Senior Member Reputation: 402

hi Guys
    find attached an example of the CE consumption law for HW sustem.
    hope it is helping
    Attached Files Attached Files

10. Thanks la_gleaner, kevin_h811 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 361

CEs are used per single call/connection. Number of CEs used per service is vendor specific and is not related to the power but to the switching capabilities (traffic). As it was mentioned by agenov, you need 1CE DL/UL for voice call (not leased and completly used by the user who is having that service active). For PS you will also need CEs, and even up to 8 of them for 384/64kbps service (vendor specific).
    CEs are usually shared among cells on the site but number of CEs could be added so it is not a major problem. Problem is the fact that you need user statistics so you could evaluate number of supported users per cell. If you have such statistics in wide area, all of your calculations will be based on eqaul user spreading in that area, which might not be true for a single cell. Also, activity of your users will play the most important role.

Junior Member Reputation: 13

someone upload in 4shared or any please

i think thread starter also still in junior member so cannot download any from above file

Senior Member Reputation: 361

Quote Originally Posted by striker711 View Post
    someone upload in 4shared or any please

i think thread starter also still in junior member so cannot download any from above file

Files are vendor related so better specify in whos equipment you are interested... After that, if we have anything interesting, we can post it or pm it... It is not usefull if you are not targeting the vendor that you need.