Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WCDMA Design Hadnbook by A. Richardson

Member Reputation: 57

Default WCDMA Design Hadnbook by A. Richardson

Here is the preview edition of this book from Google:

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages are missing and the image quality is so-so, but still highly recommended for offline reading.

Some excerpts from Reader's Review:

"I picked up this book and started reading, and it was like all the missing pieces were found, and my understanding stood on a more solid ground. To give a few examples: the coverage of the following things in the second chapter were pivotal in plugging the gaps in my understanding.

- how to differtiate a UE in uplink as well as downlink
    - principles of WCDMA physical layer - channelization & scrambling codes,soft handover,use of compressed mode & power management. These are known by any person who has a "more than casual" study of the UMTS access, but they were clearly marked as differtiators.
    - Radio and data connections
    - UMTS security architecture etc

What clinches the deal for me is Chapter 3 with its clear explanations of single user spreading code use, multi-user spreading code use (to mention a few) with clear diagrammatic illustrations.

The author has distilled years of experience in this book; any user who is suffciently experieced in wireless networks can pick this book up and glide across from beginning to end."

Please click Thanks and Reputation (approve) Button.
    Last edited by rcon; 2010-10-19 at 07:10 PM Reason: description added

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 293

Default Re: WCDMA Design Hadnbook by A. Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by rcon View Post

A. Richardson. WCDMA Design Handbook.

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages missing, but still highly recommended for reading if you haven't enough money to get a paper copy.

"I picked up this book and started reading, and it was like all the missing pieces were found, and my understanding stood on a more solid ground. To give a few examples: the coverage of the following things in the second chapter were pivotal in plugging the gaps in my understanding.

- principles of WCDMA physical layer - channelization & scrambling codes,soft handover,use of compressed mode & power management. These are known by any person who has a "more than casual" study of the UMTS access, but they were clearly marked as differtiators.

What clinches the deal for me is Chapter 3 with its clear explanations of single user spreading code use, multi-user spreading code use (to mention a few) with clear diagrammatic illustrations.

The author has distilled years of experience in this book; any user who is suffciently experieced in wireless networks can pick this book up and glide across from beginning to end."

I tried to download the file in macintosh.
    But the computer said "The file is damaged and can not open the file".
    So, I copied it to Windows XP PC and I cannot open the file either.
    Would you please check the file?

Moderator Reputation: 4337 kamy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcon View Post

A. Richardson. WCDMA Design Handbook.

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages missing, but still highly recommended for reading if you haven't enough money to get a paper copy.

the link is nolonger exist, please reupload

Member Reputation: 57

Reupped link:

WDHB.7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Password is at the appropriate topic.
    Last edited by rcon; 2010-10-19 at 07:11 PM

VIP Member Reputation: 1050 tester's Avatar

Has anyone full version of this book now?
    Knowledge should be free