Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Help hsdpa low throughput!!

Default Help hsdpa low throughput!!

Please I have only 7.5 mbps in huawei cell with 15 codes and ip backhuaul and full CE. Please anyone can help me to optimize this service and high throughput. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 16

Default Re: Help hsdpa low throughput!!

Hi. I think this info not enough to give right answear. But you can start with checking the SW and HW compability, all right licence available?, UE? , and last one is the measurement equipment - PC?. BTW what is cell throughput when two UE connected to the cell and code multiplexing is active?

Hello rsv12, all in the infraestructure is active, I mean all license, the meassurement is a performance meassurment in M2000 client the OSS of Huawei, I have 7.5 Mbps with 15 codes license and 14,4 Mbps HSDPA active in a sector which have 46 simultaneos users average, for me this is a low throughput for this number of users.

Thanks

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by optimplanner View Post
    Hello rsv12, all in the infraestructure is active, I mean all license, the meassurement is a performance meassurment in M2000 client the OSS of Huawei, I have 7.5 Mbps with 15 codes license and 14,4 Mbps HSDPA active in a sector which have 46 simultaneos users average, for me this is a low throughput for this number of users.

Thanks
    but how is the use of the diferente interfaces?? Iub Iups etc?? there is congestion on the network?? is the same speed in the hours with low traffic?

Don't have congestions in I-ub, because I-ub is fast ethernet, in Iu-ps have some congestion in peak hours but in low traffic withouth I-ub congestion we only have maximum 7.5 Mbps in Downlink.

Thanks Pierron

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by optimplanner View Post
    Don't have congestions in I-ub, because I-ub is fast ethernet, in Iu-ps have some congestion in peak hours but in low traffic withouth I-ub congestion we only have maximum 7.5 Mbps in Downlink.

Thanks Pierron
    and are you shure that the modem is capable of take higher speed?

Member Reputation: 16

Hi Optimplanner,

As I understood you have average 46 HSDPA users at one cells and your measurements show only 7.5mbps maximum (average) throughput?
    Check the documentations , possible there is the WBTS throughput limitation with such high number of HSDPA users , especially when code multiplexing feature is active. How many HSDPA users can be scheduled in one TTI?

BR,
    RSV12

Member Reputation: 73

Hi optimplanner,

I would check the following items:
    1. are the UEs in the cell capable more than 7.5 Mbps?
    2. What's the real configuration for the IuB in the database although you have fast ethernet?
    3. What were the CQI values when you do the troubleshooting? The CQI value must be higher than 25 to have a higher throughput than 7.5Mbps
    4. Have you tried to enable and disable the flow control at the NodeB to see whether there is any difference for the throughput?
    5. What's the problematic NodeB's geometric connection relation to the RNC? Directly connected to NodeB, or several NodeBs connected in serial mode?
    6. Have you tested your Layer 2 ethernet with VLAN tester?
    Isolating the RNC and NodeB connectivity by plugging one VLAN tester device instead of the RNC and the other VLAN tester device instead of the NodeB- they can adjust the sending rate manually ( Ex: FE cable is 100Mbps, they can set sending rate 3% this means 3Mbps,…etc). There maybe problem with the ethernet, sometimes the error rate will increase when the load exceed certain level, for example, 2Mbps.
    7. Have you checked the Ethernet cable connection at the RNC and NodeB? The cable may not up to the standard.
    8. The UEs themselves are having problem, certain vendor's UE may have stable problem.

Hope that the above help narrow down the problem or solve it.

Regards

David Zhang

Hello community, look I view the licenses in the Huawei RNC and the 13.9 mbps per user license doesn't active, my question is this license affect only the capacity of only one user or affect all the throughput of cell in multiuser scenario ? I mean more than 40 simultaneos users and my cell throughput doesn't up for 7.5 mbps. All conexions are right fast ethernet iu-b doesn't have restriction in vlan, all nodesb have 15 codes per cell. Thanks for your comments
    Last edited by optimplanner; 2010-09-28 at 10:56 AM

Member Reputation: 73

It's better check the UE's SIM profile which is controlled by HLR to see whether they are capable 7.5Mbps or higher rate, you can ask the operator to enable the test SIMs 7.5Mbps if the operator has the license permission, then try to use two 7.5Mbps more UEs simultaneously to do the test in good RF conditions. You can trace the UE at the RNC with CQI etc. to narrow down the problem.