Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Tool for Flash Tems Pocket

Member Reputation: 269

Default Re: Tool for Flash Tems Pocket

Update for those interested. Setool was successful to load new firmware. Strange thing was though that the phone was then SIM locked. Reading phone with SEtool showed no locks. However I unlocked again with Omnius and the phone then worked.

Also I have been holding off on confirming this as I have found my test laptop is having problems connecting to the phone. Seems some of the drivers for SEtool might confilct with drivers for Tems. I am going to install a clean copy of XP on the laptop to see if the problem is solved.

VIP Member Reputation: 888

Quote Originally Posted by indoor View Post
    Update for those interested. Setool was successful to load new firmware. Strange thing was though that the phone was then SIM locked. Reading phone with SEtool showed no locks. However I unlocked again with Omnius and the phone then worked.

Also I have been holding off on confirming this as I have found my test laptop is having problems connecting to the phone. Seems some of the drivers for SEtool might confilct with drivers for Tems. I am going to install a clean copy of XP on the laptop to see if the problem is solved.
    Thanks for this info but...
    how come?setool is the best tool box/sw to manipulate SE handsets. Maybe also, for more info, read its FAQS here SETooL Official Support Forum
    and learn how after that, you will see you will not loose any money or credit. K800/K790 is easy to unlock via setool and its FREE.
    yes, some of the drivers from the setool can affect drivers with TEMS(i.e some GPS drivers will detect Siemens Data Cable but still works with TEMS) but you can update still your drivers using the drivers included on the TEMS package and no need to format your laptop which takes time. But if you prefer so.
    "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled"

DefPW: thumbtakz

Member Reputation: 269

Quote Originally Posted by ching2-o View Post
    Thanks for this info but...
    how come?setool is the best tool box/sw to manipulate SE handsets. Maybe also, for more info, read its FAQS here SETooL Official Support Forum
    and learn how after that, you will see you will not loose any money or credit. K800/K790 is easy to unlock via setool and its FREE.
    yes, some of the drivers from the setool can affect drivers with TEMS(i.e some GPS drivers will detect Siemens Data Cable but still works with TEMS) but you can update still your drivers using the drivers included on the TEMS package and no need to format your laptop which takes time. But if you prefer so.
    The other tools I tried using didn't accept the firmware so I can only assume that the firmware is encrypted in some way so that it will only work with SETool.

I have now put two separate installations on my laptop one with just Tems and another for more general use. I was getting some crashes before when testing with two handsets making calls in areas of low coverage, now no problem. Two installations does take a while though, but I am very happy with the separation of Tems and normal usage.

Member Reputation: 106

The setool firmware is only for setool.