Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Wimax/LTE

Member Reputation: 44

Default Wimax/LTE

Every where there is an confusion if the wimax is a good technology or LTE is a good technology. Though according to me presently Wimax is better technology than FD-LTE. Request your suggestion on this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 36

Default Re: Wimax/LTE

Well, it depends. Wimax is already an existing product with existing networks and handsets. The LTE is still under construction because the voice solutions need more testing, no real handsets are available etc.
    We cannot compare them now, lets wait 2 years for that.

Member Reputation: 44

Yes. I agree that Wimax is much matured. But FD LTE has been launched commercially. Though TD LTE is under development. Thus I feel that Wimax right now is a good technology.

Senior Member Reputation: 323

Quote Originally Posted by copier View Post
    Every where there is an confusion if the wimax is a good technology or LTE is a good technology. Though according to me presently Wimax is better technology than FD-LTE. Request your suggestion on this.
    Wimax is better for me.

Senior Member Reputation: 591

I would bet on LTE. Mobile WiMAX at best will be adopted by tier 2 operators. I envisage issues regarding CS voice over LTE. A number of solutions have been mooted-VOLGA(voice over LTE over Generic Access), VoLTE (voice over LTE using IMS) and the CS fallback.But then the industy is already grapling with this issue, and I believe VoLTE solution will come out as the winner.

Regards

Member Reputation: 36

firstmaxim,
    The decision about voice over LTE was already done, VoLTE became the standard:
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7821

Member Reputation: 22

I believe that LTE will win this contest in the long run. The teleoperators in Sweden have all ready started building a LTE network and licenses for LTE frequencies have been sold worldwide. The operators will need to get their investments back and will roll out with the same speed as they did UMTS.

Member Reputation: 257

You sure? With not returned investments on 3G already? I'm suspecting that for LTE mass deployment we will need wait a while..

Quote Originally Posted by VMatas View Post
    You sure? With not returned investments on 3G already? I'm suspecting that for LTE mass deployment we will need wait a while..
    Data demand is spiralling, and the corresponding revenue has somewhat saturated. For the network operator, this means reduced profitability. This is where introducing LTE is meaningful. Since, LTE is packet optimized, has higher spectral efficiency, reduced network nodes, it will reduce the network cost significantly. So, there is a compelling case for the operators to implement LTE.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by cdmauser View Post
    firstmaxim,
    The decision about voice over LTE was already done, VoLTE became the standard:
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=7821
    Since, VoLGA, is available today, it is ahead of the pack. What I believe could hinder adoption of VoLTE is the sluggish role out of IMS by the operators.

VoLGA Forum recently released its updated specifications for delivering mobile voice and SMS services over LTE. The specs have new features and capabilities to facilitate rapid deployment:
    -the use of VoLGA over HSPA
    -support for SIM-less emergency calling
    -optimized voice-bearer routing
    -host APIs for LTE handsets

Regards