Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mapinfo to Atoll export

Senior Member Reputation: 331

Default Mapinfo to Atoll export

I have a table in Mapinfo which includes Name, Longitude and Latitude of some places. I want to export that table into Atoll. I have exported that table in .mif format but when i import it with Atoll, those locations are not shown in it. Please help me

thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BannedUser Reputation: 970

Default Re: Mapinfo to Atoll export

Quote Originally Posted by dacoder View Post
    I have a table in Mapinfo which includes Name, Longitude and Latitude of some places. I want to export that table into Atoll. I have exported that table in .mif format but when i import it with Atoll, those locations are not shown in it. Please help me

thank you
    have you check the projection using of mif and atoll setting. it have to be same.

Quote Originally Posted by telwind View Post
    have you check the projection using of mif and atoll setting. it have to be same.
    In Atoll, for Projection I'm using WGS 84/ UTM zone 45N and for Display I'm using WGS 84. As for Mappinfo table I exported I'm using Longitude/Latitude( Indian for India, Bangladesh, Nepal) as projection. Is there anything wrong in this setting?

Thank you

BannedUser Reputation: 970

In Atoll, for Projection I'm using WGS 84/ UTM zone 45N and for Display I'm using WGS 84. As for Mappinfo table I exported I'm using Longitude/Latitude( Indian for India, Bangladesh, Nepal) as projection. Is there anything wrong in this setting?

Thank you
    i believe you need to convert your exporting mapinfo file into same projection set in Atoll.

to convert, you can try it: 'save cope as'\select mapinfo file\'save as'\select 'projection'\select 'longitude/latitude'\'UMT Zone...(WGS84)....'\...

Quote Originally Posted by telwind View Post
    i believe you need to convert your exporting mapinfo file into same projection set in Atoll.

to convert, you can try it: 'save cope as'\select mapinfo file\'save as'\select 'projection'\select 'longitude/latitude'\'UMT Zone...(WGS84)....'\...
    That did it... Now the locations are shown in Atoll.
    Thanks a lot

Member Reputation: 171

thank you
    I thinks,from Atoll you can import tab file directly. Because i was import *.tab file to Atoll successful without export to mif file.

BR!

Quote Originally Posted by liukang View Post
    I thinks,from Atoll you can import tab file directly. Because i was import *.tab file to Atoll successful without export to mif file.

BR!
    Yes... but while opening some tab files I used to get error in Atoll. Thats why I normally export to mif file.