Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: which of these two jobs is better for future ?

Member Reputation: 63
    Somewhere between (22.00000N-29.00000N) and (84.00000E-89.00000E)

Default which of these two jobs is better for future ?

I have recently been offered two jobs from two operators..one is the BTS installation and commissioning engineer...and the other one is Core Network KPI Performance analysis engineer..the later jobs pays less than the former...

which job is better for future career ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Re: which of these two jobs is better for future ?

i can t answer to your question.
    i would choose te second one, i think is more challenging.
    wait for the other anyway

Member Reputation: 44

Cool Re: which of these two jobs is better for future ?

Thinks quietly, but to tell truth I will choose the second it doesn't matter the salary in beginning, but getting experience so by years you can change operator and force your choice of salary upon RH policies.

Member Reputation: 64

Network optimisation will always continue, relevant and highly valued after installation jobs have long finished

Member Reputation: 34

I agree with oldie. There will come a time when network is built, and there are no new sites.
    Optimisation will always be in play.
    Also if you are going between these two jobs consider if you would like to work mostly in field or in the office.
    BR

Junior Member Reputation: 10

I think both two jobs have their plusses and minuses..In the first job,its not very challenging job and you can promote in a shorter time.Also since technology always renew itself,you will always have work opprtunutity and since the job is not a unique job as core network optimizaiton,it would be easier for you to find a new job after you project finishes.And it a relax job compared to the second one.The bad thing is you will have to be in the field all the time,and they can call ansytime at night since the installation always continues.

The second job,I like more.It would be harder for you to promote but after 5-6 years,the salary will increase exponentially.But it is a challenging job because you have to keep improving yourself all the time.All the time new problem will occur and a problem in core network makles operator loses money.Thats why you will the pressure on you.But if you are good at your job,you will be respected.when you finish your project,it will not be easy for you to find a new job because it is a very spesific job but if you make the right connections in your first project,then you can jump to an other project with opne of your managers when the project is coming to an end.

It wa s a little long comment but I hope it will be helpfull.And just like all above,I would chose the second one without thinking
    Nothing exceptional,just a star..

Member Reputation: 44

ya.. Optimizatmizing the KPI is a challenging jo and at point of time there would be more requirements from optimization engineer than an installation engineer. My say is go for Optimization.

Member Reputation: 28

whats the point of optimization if there's no equipment installed?

both are value the same
    technology is change rapidly, so don't you worry there shall be no more installation job

Member Reputation: 23

I will choose Core Network KPI Performance. It's more challenging and the salary will be higher after some years of experience. But it depends what you like to do more.

Member Reputation: 261

Hi friend,

i would choose the 2nd job opportunity because as a commissioning engineer you are often on business trips through your country, sleep in hotels and so on. I think the salary for a commissioning engineer is lower as for a Core Network engineer. I worked nearly 8 years as a commissioning engineer for microwave links in europe and it was a nice time but also very hard from time to time.
    The costumers pay decreasingly so you have less of time for your job into the field.

Kind Regards,