PDA

View Full Version : Question Atoll Propagation Model

iCloud
2010-05-19, 10:55 AM
Hi mates,
Sorry to disturb you, My name is Joush Cadwell, I’m the beginner in RF planning and Optimiztion
When using Atoll and others planning tool, I have a question about defining GSM propagation model, hope your help in this
As you know, in theory, we can define loss through some models such as Hata, Cost-Hata…In this case, we using k factors to define it, and each terrain ( such as Dense urban, urban, suburban, rural, highway…) will have different k factors ( as attached file)

But, in another voice, we can define loss by clutter, such as loss of sea, island water, forest, urban, villages, airport, industrial zone, building…And all of them have the same k factors ( as attached file)
So, pls give me your advice in this. What’s the right way to define propagation model? And the exact number of loss or k factors we should use to put in planning tool ?
My band is 1800 MHz

Hope to get your support. Wish health and success for you
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ggwn4xmgwtz
Tks a lot

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 07:38 PM
wcdma radio network tuning

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 07:39 PM
wcdma wireless technology

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 07:40 PM
wcdma physical layer

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 07:41 PM
wcdma RRC protocol

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 07:43 PM
CME R7 documents

justdream
2010-06-04, 07:57 PM
Hi mates,
Sorry to disturb you, My name is Joush Cadwell, I’m the beginner in RF planning and Optimiztion
When using Atoll and others planning tool, I have a question about defining GSM propagation model, hope your help in this
As you know, in theory, we can define loss through some models such as Hata, Cost-Hata…In this case, we using k factors to define it, and each terrain ( such as Dense urban, urban, suburban, rural, highway…) will have different k factors ( as attached file)

But, in another voice, we can define loss by clutter, such as loss of sea, island water, forest, urban, villages, airport, industrial zone, building…And all of them have the same k factors ( as attached file)
So, pls give me your advice in this. What’s the right way to define propagation model? And the exact number of loss or k factors we should use to put in planning tool ?
My band is 1800 MHz

Hope to get your support. Wish health and success for you
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ggwn4xmgwtz
Tks a lot

for accurate, Model propagation....you have to define all parameters
K factors for your propagation equation and clutter losses for each clutter "sea, high building, rural, etc"

and for the exact number, you have to do it by yourself (Model tuning process) as it differ from country to country and from frequency to frequency and from model to model

ahmed1491
2010-06-04, 08:23 PM
Radio Network KPIs Definition, Analysis and Troubl

gsmman2006
2011-01-21, 08:38 PM
Propagation Model Tuning & Map Handling Overview

without pass , add thanks and rep

gsmman2006
2011-03-06, 03:08 PM
Hi
plz visit www.cellbroadcast.org (http://www.cellbroadcast.org/)

u can add ur documents and get last documents about telecom in this website.

thanks for ur attention.