PDA

View Full Version : we should stand against people who take reputation and didnt give pass

egydental
2010-05-09, 02:24 AM
DEAR all members of finetopix
i write my thread cause really i start to found how many of us are cheated here by members at least say about them they are nothing they think they can share knowledge for them and dont even know they were nothing before like us forget that days i want from now and ever people who give reputation and didnt get the password to write the name of that member and please please mr admin
we respect everything here could you please show to us respection from other by your help
now guys please write the member who you add reputation to them and wait for there pass and you didnt get any from them and we will let judgment of for admin take credits from them or what he like
i dont talk for myself alone i talk by name of hundreds here so please always support me guys and right the name of member and what was his topic

zeuscane
2010-05-09, 02:53 AM
I agree with you
Already to put not a default password is not nice, but not to give the password to whom asks you or to ask reputation to give a password is immoral.
zeuscane

Roman99
2010-05-09, 03:00 AM
DEAR all members of finetopix
i write my thread cause really i start to found how many of us are cheated here by members at least say about them they are nothing they think they can share knowledge for them and dont even know they were nothing before like us forget that days i want from now and ever people who give reputation and didnt get the password to write the name of that member and please please mr admin
we respect everything here could you please show to us respection from other by your help
now guys please write the member who you add reputation to them and wait for there pass and you didnt get any from them and we will let judgment of for admin take credits from them or what he like
i dont talk for myself alone i talk by name of hundreds here so please always support me guys and right the name of member and what was his topic

As far as i know, you cannot add Rep to other members of the forum if your own Rep is less than 15. :p

alg_optim
2010-05-09, 04:10 AM
Hello ,

You have a way to decrease the repu , if you found that the posted cheated you , you can disaprove the post which decrease his rep

tremalnike
2010-05-09, 04:39 AM
Gyus please don't kill anybody :p
As alg_optim say you have a way to decrease the reputation but you will also recieve same thing from this user.

Best way is sharing with default or no password to be recommended or obligatory.
After that if you like sharing - add repp.

BR

proy1_10
2010-05-09, 06:28 AM
Maybe a black list?
BR

planner
2010-05-09, 10:09 AM
I agree with you. I have faced this problem recently in this forum. One of the members who haven't given me the pass after repeated try is 'mmplaner' . I think we should post the names in a thread for now.

doremimon123
2010-05-09, 11:37 AM
Hi admin,
I'm a new member, I know about "credit" policy but I don't understand about "reputation" policy. What does it use for? what is the purpose of it? Could you explain more detail?

freakturd06
2010-05-09, 01:32 PM
Please be reminded that almost all here are professionals and have their own jobs to do. So if ever they haven't sent the password yet, have patience to wait. We don't know if they have some business activity that made them quite busy and have no time to go online in the forum.I myself sometime have field activity and have limited time to visit the forum.You know if we are on a field works, we sometimes have limited or even no internet access. We should be open minded. Please all be patient cause it's a virtue.:D:D

DCA
2010-05-09, 04:37 PM
@freakturd06

The problem is not the people working in the field. There are members here which are not very active. Some post, some don't. Some are here for greed to sell the software on other forums. It's life I guess.
What ever you do, there's always some backdraw to it.

Things we can do:
- enhance the credit system. Giving thanks give you the link and will cost credits. The file should be without psw otherwise user will be banned after a few warnings. Credits are weighted on equal base (not filesize).
- introduce link system. All files are hosted on an internal ftp (don't know if the admin will like me for this ;)) Every file can only be d/l if your status is valid and no credits are needed. To gain enough status you've got to post files that are not on the forum yet.
-Blacklist. Already mentioned. Ban people who are not reliable. There could be several warnings and after that the person will be banned. Problem is the probably will try to register under another name. An inviting policy could be applied to get around this.
- only meds are with psw allowed. That way everyone will have the installer and we'll do what the administrator asked for. (No c_r-k allowed). It makes the change for succes larger. No credit system would be needed then.

Just some thoughts..... But maybe there are people out there who have much better thoughts :D

lejun
2010-05-09, 05:20 PM
Hi all,

I agree with DCA that:

-Only meds have pass because it is more important (We will not receive the

complants from Actix, Mentum...:D)

-Documents should have no pass or default pass (Many documents are not

useful, many guys want cheat us....

I don't like to write like that many times: "pls share pass, already add rep and thanks" (except really very good stuff like med or important documents).

Thanks

freakturd06
2010-05-09, 06:24 PM
@DCA
With due respect, you are right when you said some here might be selling the software [or even exchanging for some stuff] on other forums. Also, banning members is not that effective approach as others will just try to register using different username and information details. A situation which I think is not easy to work with.:D

besoeso
2010-05-09, 06:29 PM
@freakturd06 (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?u=21049)

¿Who and where?

freakturd06
2010-05-09, 06:34 PM
@freakturd06 (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?u=21049)

¿Who and where?

No idea what particular forum yet. But we can't control others to do that. Need to investigate?

DCA
2010-05-09, 10:01 PM
look for example at http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f207/

also several russian forums are selling stuff.
(google at finetopix and you'll know what I mean)

newyzy
2010-05-10, 12:50 AM
I agree .no pass but can't remove rep:(

oldie
2010-05-10, 01:19 AM
Like DCA said, only med should have psw all others should be free for all or as determined by the admin
There are some posters who will not even reply your pms

justdream
2010-05-10, 01:38 AM
we should stand against people who take reputation and didnt give pass

sorry, I'm using this forum since 2008
and I can say that 99% cases when you add reputation and don't get passowrd is just a time issue

for example may be the publisher is busy, far awat from internet, etc

asifhaider919
2010-05-10, 02:35 AM
there should be a way of taking back reputation!!!!!

bassem_16
2010-05-10, 06:16 AM
Just a note , There is a button beside the reputation button called report a post
Well I believe if there is a poster which all members agree that he is getting reputation without providing password, then this post should be reported and I believe admin would take care of it.

Putting a psw is never a problem as long as the poster is replying on his PMs and/or providing a default psw to be used

egydental
2010-05-10, 06:39 AM
now deeply thanks for all of you guys shared in my topic now and really what i do i never mean to ashamed our site but really need to get it best of best for all i will start to count the first name we give reputation and never get pass for them for me first name is i think as i see from people happened to them
first we will do that by that way (of course under exception of admin we need firm action against those)

1 name of member:aosan
topic:Training for GSM Frequency Planning

please guys share name by way i wrote

bassem_16
2010-05-10, 06:48 AM
@ egydental

I dont believe this is a right way to report a name of a member in this topic and also we cant judge on someone based on an individual accident which may happened for example for you only

I believe you may have the right to be frustrated not getting a psw although you did what the author asked you to do to get the pass, but I dont believe as well that anyone here will share something and upload it with pass just to get reputation without sharing later on his pass (sounds a bit crazy dont you think :D )

You can report of course the post, and maybe if the admin and or moderators got more and more reports on the same post, they can react either by a warning to the member, closing his topic, decreasing of his reputation even banning for a period or whatever is feasible from their perspective

RNONards
2010-05-10, 11:05 AM
@egydental

With the document you have mention, I have also downloaded that one and aosan gave me the password.Just wait buddy.As freakturd06 and justdream said, maybe they are just busy or have limited internet access.

iwanelits
2010-05-10, 01:03 PM
Please be patient, no need to rush :)