PDA

View Full Version : South Africa Job

asifhaider919
2010-05-02, 10:53 PM
Dear all,

I need information about the work experience and environemt in south africa for a RF Planning and optimization engineer. Any body having any information would be helpful.

my queries are:-

1- safety and security in south Africa for a engineer ?
2- living expanses in south africa?
3- how much tax is deducted ?

I have 2-yrs 2/2.5G RF Opt/Plan NSN experience looking for an international exposure. Anyone having any good opprotunity can share

bikplaboi
2010-05-03, 03:09 PM
Dear Friend,

There is no such thing a safe place to work in this world everywhere you go there are always risks,, you have to use common sense where moving around in the country you are working in and also listen to local advise on where to go and when to go etc..

I have had to work with expats in my own country and they keep asking these questions and we tell them its just common sense and you won't get into trouble and I guess the same applies anywhere else in the world..

Cheers,

bikplaboi...

Dear all,

I need information about the work experience and environemt in south africa for a RF Planning and optimization engineer. Any body having any information would be helpful.

my queries are:-

1- safety and security in south Africa for a engineer ?
2- living expanses in south africa?
3- how much tax is deducted ?

I have 2-yrs 2/2.5G RF Opt/Plan NSN experience looking for an international exposure. Anyone having any good opprotunity can share

rayhan
2010-05-23, 05:23 PM
Hi,

My fellow frd has rightly said.... safety ---no one cant guarantee.. in fact due to this reason only people are earning good money compared to Europe and US <developed countries>..yes for international exposure any country should be fine...

Living Expense in SA --> again depends upon area but yes its high

Tax --> TAX free ..

cdmauser
2010-05-23, 07:11 PM
Hi,
When I was in Nigeria our company hired armed security guards and when we left the hotel they came with us everywhere. We still got into trouble sometimes but there were those guys to protect us. Telling the truth I did not feel well there and left the hotel when it was necessary (our office was in the hotel as well). There were some South African engineers also who were happy to be there because as they declared 'Lagos is so much safer than Johannesburg'.
Then try to imagine how the safety is in South Africa.

rayhan
2010-05-23, 08:39 PM
I totally agree with "cdmauser " reg conditions in SA..