PDA

View Full Version : need help from actix master

atul22
2010-04-29, 02:19 AM
hi
i have tem cell file .and logfiles .actually this is .cell format so i just copied tem cell file data into one txt file and make one cellref file .whn i open this cellref file in to actix its showing not supported.i dont know why .how to convert this file to cellref file .pls need help . i herewith attached file.

xcatas
2010-04-29, 03:32 AM
Okay, the point is :
- You could start by save your celfile as tab delimited textfile.
- Then open network explorer from menubar (Cells -> Network Explorer). Then click Import -> Import From New Template
- Then open your cell file (e.g. sample.txt)
- Give a template name (e.g. gsm). Ensure the delimiters is Tab for this cellfile. Ensure the Decimal Separator is “.” If you use windows in English language (use “,” if you use other language that use this as dec.separator. e.g. Indonesia)
- Choose the suitable Key Fields and Required Fields and other-fields(optional).
- Save the changes. Click yes, overwrite, and remove existing network data

And maybe you want to check is it correct or not, by showing the map :
- Click new workspace. Choose no if it ask for saving current workspace
- Open new map (View -> Display New Map) or Ctrl+M to view the sites and cells in map
- You could customize the layer to make it easier (e.g. make the GSM_Site layer above GSM_Cell layer, in Labels properties : change the display within range, change the Data Field, etc)

btw, you could start learning actix from the "Actix Getting Started Guide" document which is can be easily found in this forum. (contact me if you need help to get this pdf).

atul22
2010-04-29, 11:23 PM
hi thanks for giving me the advise.whould u pls chk this file..it is open in yr actix or not? .herewith i attached file ..

Okay, the point is :
- You could start by save your celfile as tab delimited textfile.
- Then open network explorer from menubar (Cells -> Network Explorer). Then click Import -> Import From New Template
- Then open your cell file (e.g. sample.txt)
- Give a template name (e.g. gsm). Ensure the delimiters is Tab for this cellfile. Ensure the Decimal Separator is “.” If you use windows in English language (use “,” if you use other language that use this as dec.separator. e.g. Indonesia)
- Choose the suitable Key Fields and Required Fields and other-fields(optional).
- Save the changes. Click yes, overwrite, and remove existing network data

And maybe you want to check is it correct or not, by showing the map :
- Click new workspace. Choose no if it ask for saving current workspace
- Open new map (View -> Display New Map) or Ctrl+M to view the sites and cells in map
- You could customize the layer to make it easier (e.g. make the GSM_Site layer above GSM_Cell layer, in Labels properties : change the display within range, change the Data Field, etc)

btw, you could start learning actix from the "Actix Getting Started Guide" document which is can be easily found in this forum. (contact me if you need help to get this pdf).

xcatas
2010-04-30, 06:56 PM
hi thanks for giving me the advise.whould u pls chk this file..it is open in yr actix or not? .herewith i attached file ..

actually any file will work if you follow the instruction correctly. :)
(see my attached file above for clearer step-by-step screenshots).

or, if you really want me to check your cellfile,
could you upload it again to other server (not finetopix) and give the link (and password if any) via PM to me?
sorry, but i have to say this. (since there's credit point rule :L )