PDA

View Full Version : How to Optimize DL Open-Loop Power Control on Common Channel

dominky
2010-04-15, 07:09 AM
I'm trying to optimize the DL open-loop PC in a 3G Huawei network RAN10.
I found in the Huawei documentation the following recommendation:

The values of PSCH transmit power and SSCH transmit power must not be too large. The parameter values can be adjusted based on the measurement in the actual environment, so that the transmit powers of the synchronization channels satisfy the UE receiving demodulation requirement. The transmit power should be just enough to ensure that a UE can implement fast synchronization in most areas of the cell edge. Neither P-SCH nor S-SCH comes through channel code spectrum spreading, so they produce more serious interference than other channels, especially for near-end UEs.

Anyone know, which measurements are meant here. Unfortunately I can't find more informations about this topic.
Many thanks in advance!
The related counter I found is :
VS.RAB.Loss.CS.RF.ULSync
"UL synchronization failure leads to abnormal release of a link. This problem is usually due to poor coverage, which may be further due to missed neighboring cell configuration or small handover area. As a result, the UE shuts down the transmitter unexpectedly, or the UL demodulation is out of synchronization."

Great forum here! ;)

Tomas Delgado
2010-10-09, 07:08 AM
Well mate i havent hear nothing in books about downlink open loop power optimization. I only know that it set the power according with the ecno send by ue at the moment of the prach message and according to the sf for the service. About that counter you are talking about as far as i know is for call drops not for access.
Synchronization channels have a fixed power related to cpich you can modify it but you will loose capacity.