PDA

View Full Version : xheo licensing

shahram
2008-05-16, 06:56 AM
does anybody have soem informaation regarding xheo licensing?<br><br>it is used to grant some trial evaluation for some softwares.<br><br>BR<br>Shahram<br>

sataron
2008-05-17, 09:48 PM
nice protection - :) but...

shahram
2008-05-18, 03:16 AM
thanks sataron for your interest.
I just want to know the structure of protection,at the first step I am just looking to reset the evaluation time,not generating the license,would you please help?!

thanks in advance
Shahram

shahram
2008-05-18, 06:27 PM
This is the thing that happening via Xheo Code veiling :<br> CodeVeil™ can be used to protect any .NET assembly. <br>Once veiled those assemblies cannot be reverse engineered by any available decompiler. Any modifications to the assembly also result in execution failure. \<br><br>The following steps are performed during veiling.

<br>Steps Performed During Veiling

:<br><br>Unused meta-data is removed.</span> Meta-data is used by the .NET runtime to describe objects, methods, assemblies and various aspects of the execution environment. Much of this data is needed only during compilation and can be removed without affecting the execution of the assembly.
<br><br>Types are obfuscated.</span> All the private types, methods and properties are renamed to random values. When possible the same name is used to represent multiple methods or properties. CodeVeil also supports an advanced rule system that lets you select or exclude specific objects from obfuscation.<br><br style="font-weight: bold;"> Strings and Resources are encrypted.</span> Strings declared in your code and resources such as RESX files and embedded images are encrypted to prevent use outside of your assembly. Protecting strings is also important as they often contain secure information such as database connection strings and passwords.<br><br>MSIL is encrypted. </span>(Unique to CodeVeil) MSIL stands for Microsoft Instruction Language, and is the fundamental language of .NET. All managed code is compiled to MSIL and interpreted by the CLR at runtime. This code is easily read by tools such as ILDASM and and Reflector. These tools are so powerful now they can even reproduce the original code almost in it's entirety. CodeVeil encrypts this data so that no decompiler can read the MSIL code.
<br><br>Blob Heap is encrypted. </span>(Unique to CodeVeil) The blob heap is used by the CLR to describe all sorts of binary data such as method signatures, initial field values, attribute values. By encrypting the blob heap, CodeVeil further protects assemblies from decryption and protects data from being exposed in the executable itself.<br><br> Native protection stub is added.</span> (Unique to CodeVeil) CodeVeil injects a native stub into the startup procedure of the veiled assembly. This stub protects the assembly from being used in unathorized ways durin execution. This includes anti-debugging, anti-tracing and other hacker-resistent features.
<br><br>Stub is encrypted.</span> The native stub is encrypted using information from the assembly so that any modification to the assembly will prevent the code from working. This helps prevent hackers from simply removing properties, methods, etc.<br><br> Assembly is resigned. </span>If the original assembly was strong named and you provided keys, CodeVeil will re-sign the assembly.

<br><br>any idea Sataron? <br>iBwave inbuilding RF planning tool is licensed by Xheo licensing software.(the other product of xheo.com)<br>reading...<br> BR<br> Shahram

[<i> last edit by shahram at 2008-5-18 17:32 </i>]

[<i> last edit by shahram at 2008-5-18 17:37 </i>]

[ last edit by shahram at 2008-5-18 17:46 ]

shahram
2008-11-24, 11:28 PM
I want to raise this issue again,
any one want to give any idea?(specially Sataron)

br

parto_tegal
2008-11-25, 12:29 AM
nice protection - :) but...

He knows well... have tried once before... :D
parto_tegal

sataron
2008-11-25, 11:32 AM
He knows well... have tried once before... :D
parto_tegal
what u mean?
im can show sample of cracked this protection :)
One Member of this forum can prove my words, he saw a working version of RFVU2 and RFVU4 (by ibwavŠµ).

shahram
2008-11-25, 03:13 PM
Sataron
We know you are the master,so we do not need prove(it is proven)
give us some clue how to do that?! ;)

//Shahram

tuanvios
2010-05-04, 05:00 PM
Finally no body has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nextgenius
2011-01-11, 09:41 PM
Finally no body has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATZ to IBWAVE