PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of TEMS devices?

D33T0X
2010-04-07, 10:10 PM
I have to collect a few logs today (by TEMS) but no devices are available. What to do?

Don't you hate it when it happens?

Here are a few solutions:

- A few old Samsung phones (Z105, Z107, Z300, Z400) will actually work well with TEMS after you've unlocked their diagnostic interface. No tool needed, you just press a few keys on them - if you need the combinations let me know. You'll need the Qualcomm drivers for their chipset but that should be easy to get.
- A few new Samsung phones will work - same story as with the old ones. Different key combinations.
- LG KU 990i works without any issues after you've installed the drivers.
- In case you need PS measurements just get a Huawei unlocked datacard - most of them work. It may happen that on a few datacards you may need to unlock their diagnostic ports but there's a tool for that too (ToolPortSwitch).

Good luck

phdang
2010-04-08, 04:45 AM
why dont you write a short tutorial on how to using common phone with tems? it would be a great help to everyone.
And please include your comment on the accurancy comparing with tems pocket phone such as k800i etc.

Cheers

knack
2010-04-08, 06:04 AM
You don't need to use a normal phone. There are datacards (like Amoi) that can do voice measurements.

punto
2010-04-08, 06:48 AM
@knack

Can you explain more text about those Amoi cards ... some web link to Amoi model particular with some technical explanation ? Must say I am bit confused with this you say ... THX, P:)

D33T0X
2010-04-08, 03:42 PM
@phdang... short tutorial coming soon (gotta work sometimes as well). Regarding accuracy - I would say pretty good but not good enough for KPI measurements to be reported on. If you have proper professional devices (like the one you mentioned) then use them instead. The solutions I described work very well for trouble-shooting/quick-check measurements.

vci07
2010-04-08, 04:19 PM
Where can we found "how to unlocked diagnostics port of any phone?"

D33T0X
2010-04-08, 09:16 PM
@vci07 - I'm afraid such a thing does not exist.

D33T0X
2010-04-09, 05:36 PM
Samsung old phones connectable to TEMS that I know off: Z105, Z107, Z230, Z400.
In order to unlock the Qualcomm chipset press: *#123580# followed by options /9 and /8.
Select the Qualcomm chipset and make sure that the connectivity option is set to USB. TEMS will recognise afterwards these phones.

kamy
2010-04-09, 07:06 PM
I have to collect a few logs today (by TEMS) but no devices are available. What to do?

Don't you hate it when it happens?

Here are a few solutions:

- A few old Samsung phones (Z105, Z107, Z300, Z400) will actually work well with TEMS after you've unlocked their diagnostic interface. No tool needed, you just press a few keys on them - if you need the combinations let me know. You'll need the Qualcomm drivers for their chipset but that should be easy to get.
- A few new Samsung phones will work - same story as with the old ones. Different key combinations.
- LG KU 990i works without any issues after you've installed the drivers.
- In case you need PS measurements just get a Huawei unlocked datacard - most of them work. It may happen that on a few datacards you may need to unlock their diagnostic ports but there's a tool for that too (ToolPortSwitch).

Good luck

could you share the tool to ulock the diagnostic ports? thank fot this useful guide

Piojo
2010-04-10, 02:18 AM
Very interesting thread... :)

i always have shortage of tems devices.. Besides, those Z105, Z107, Z300, Z400 phones still are new here, and consecuently expensive..

Searching, i found others key combinations to open qualcomm ports (from really really old phones :P ). Maybe some of this combinations remains for newer phones. I hope you find this info helpful.

(this texts are extracted from my invex3g help, im gonna try to upload the file too..)

-----------
Samsung ZX10 Setup Notes
The Samsung ZX10 handset must use the Qualcomm driver to enable both the modem and diagnostics ports. The Samsung driver only supports the modem port. The driver can be changed using the phone’s keypad. To change the driver, use the keypad and enter the following:

1. Type *#9998*324# on the keypad. You will see a list of menus including [9] Common Menu.

2. Press the 9 key to access the Common menu. You will see an entry “[6] USB Configuration”.

3. Press the 6 key. Two choices will appear on the screen.

[1] Samsung USB

[2] Qualcomm USB [ ]

4. Press the 2 Key. A message will appear: “Qualcomm USB Configured. Plz Reconnect the Cable”.

5. Press OK.

6. Turn the phone off and back on.

7. Run the Invex3G software and make a connection to the ZX10.

For Invex3G-PC, create a serial connection for the phone, select Samsung UMTS as the device class and assign the Qualcomm Diagnostics Interface port as the Diagnostic Serial port and the Qualcomm Proprietary USB Modem as the RAS Device for Data Connection.

For Invex3G chassis, connect it to the Invex3G CI module using the appropriate Invex3G cable.
----------------
On Z107, the procedure is the same of above,

----------------

Samsung A880 Notes
The Diagnostics port must be enabled via the phone’s keypad for the Samsung A880 to work with Invex3G.

Turn the phone on and allow it to complete its startup process.

Type in 4 7 * 8 6 9 # 1 2 3 5.

Type in 021.

Use the Up and Down buttons to change to: U1:DM USB:DS

Press OK to save this selection.

Type 002, then press OK to reboot the phone.(You can also remove the battery to reboot the phone.)

Those phones are really old (and really cheap..)
regards,

Piojo
2010-04-10, 02:37 AM
Here is the link and the pass for rar,

In the help are mentionated too, key combinations to use lg's cu500 and tu500.

Thanks d33t0x for useful posts,

regards,

D33T0X
2010-04-11, 01:15 AM
could you share the tool to ulock the diagnostic ports? thank fot this useful guide - here you go... but it works only on Huawei datacards. Hey guys, need some reputation :(

http://rapidshare.com/files/374318860/tool-PortSwitch.rar.html

planner
2010-04-25, 12:49 AM
The method by piojo worked fine. But, what about LG and Nokia phones? Plus, I am not getting SQI (which is E******* proprietory) and C/I measurements.

Any solution for PESQ supported phones like W995 or LG CU500?

planner.rf
2010-04-25, 06:14 AM
NO SQI & C/I. ANY WAY TO SOLVE IT??