PDA

View Full Version : NSN HSDPA throughput enhancement

taki
2010-03-18, 03:59 AM
Dear Colleagues,

We are facing a big problem in our network, the maximum throughput that we can have with HSDPA is 3.6 Mbps. So, how we can enhance this throughput to reach up to 15 or 21 Mbps. note that we have activated all lisence to reach 21 Mbps but without success.

Please advise

maasricht
2010-03-18, 03:14 PM
First of all, Which version of software are loaded in RNC/ Node B?

If you want to take 21Mbps you should load RU20. However RU20 is not on NSN now.

taki
2010-03-18, 11:10 PM
Many thanks,

Actually we are in RU 10. the maximum throughput we can get from the network is 6Mbps even if all license are activated to have more, and this in all the network????

Please advise

dk2000
2010-03-19, 12:39 AM
Hi friend,
May be you need encrease the Iub Bandwith of NodeB used for HSDPA service when you comiss NodeB.

Maybe you try to check and give me the result!!

safoot
2010-03-19, 05:14 PM
Sometimes the HLR is not able to support high throughputs per user in most operators as they are outdated, this is the case I have with the operator I'm dealing with, check also this issue

taki
2010-03-20, 04:43 PM
Hi friends,
Thanks for your support. I wanna just to let you know that in our network we there are NSN and E******* in UTRAN side. From E******* point of view the maximum throughput is about 13Mbps but for NSN we can't go more than 3 or 4 Mbps !!!!!

Could you please advise and help me to find what's the problem for NSN

BR

safoot
2010-03-21, 07:35 PM
What about the VCC bundle, I know that Dynamic flow control from RU10 is activated automatically, also do you have the same number of E1s on all sites or different as this is the main limiting point for throughput, also the type of scheduler used (minimum baseband, shared sheduler,....) check all these stuff

glen
2010-05-15, 09:12 PM
Please check the traffic descriptor use for Iub

rayhan
2010-05-16, 12:45 AM
Hi Dear,

Before providing solution to you please provide me this information:

1.Does Nokia RBS / Newwork support 21 Mbps? I know E******* does….

2.Now seeing your post I can make out your Network is Rel 5 capable and it can support CAT 6 DL (3.6 Mbps device.). This means at max 5 codes (out of 15, one reserved for signaling purpose.) can be allocated to any device. This means you need to get license / upgraded software’s for Node B etc for Nokia for enhancing your network to 21 Mbps. This means max 15 codes can be allocated to one device to reach 21 Mbps (Threotical), your network must support 64 QAM and offcourse device used for testing should belong from CAT 14 to CAT 20.

3.Your network should support Rel 7(HSPA+) and if you want to use MIMO (2x2 for Rel.7) then both network and device should support this feature.
4.Devices supporting 21 Mbps are from Sierra USB 308, AC 503.and DT tool could be TEMS 9 or greater.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

If you like my solution please add repo ….

amitchaudhary6
2011-03-05, 07:15 PM
Dear Colleagues,

We are facing a big problem in our network, the maximum throughput that we can have with HSDPA is 3.6 Mbps. So, how we can enhance this throughput to reach up to 15 or 21 Mbps. note that we have activated all lisence to reach 21 Mbps but without success.

Please advise

Hi
Licenses will not yield throughput upto 15 or 21 Mbps, you have to increase capacity of your IuB also.
At present your sites might be running on ATM with 4 E1s and you need to upgrade your IuB to "DUAL IUB" with ethernet(atleast 11 E1s are required).
It is not a small task, you have to take help of your BSS/project/transmission team.

rsv12
2011-03-07, 05:03 AM
Hi, what kind of transmission do you have? with 8xE1 you can get about 12mbps. For 14mbps per user or higher you need more E1 or ethernet. Do you using Suprem - with hsdpa scheduler max 10mbps or flexi wbts? For 21mbps you need system model rel.2 for flexi. What kind of RNC do you have? RNC450 - this you need to upgrade old hw to support higher throughput or RNC2600? Iups is ok? I guess all rnc licenses are already activated: 15 codes, 10 mbps per user, 14 mbps per user, 64qam, hsupa tti 2ms , hsupa basic activated, hsdpa scheduler or full baseband activated in wbts comm. Check RNC parameter to allow higher mac hs throughput and wbts and wcell. check hlr qos, sgsn and ggsn licenses for higher throughput. Try to test with other pc sometimes with old one there is the problem to get more then 8mbps. In our NSN we have 21mbps.

kyokuman
2011-03-09, 04:32 PM
If RU10 only, max is 14.4 per scheduler.

If you want to reach 14.4 per user (the test you want to make), be sure you have feature 14mbps per user activated
Of course 15 codes feature must be activated.

Be sure you are alone in the cell, and better to set MarginSF128 parameter to 0 !
Better to set full baseband configuration.
Your CQI must be very good.

We have NSN here and we could reach 12Mbps, alone in the cell (with dedicated scheduler).

rishi
2011-03-09, 06:21 PM
i think were were also having a same problem in one of our network for nsn where we were suppose to get 21mbps but we were getting only 2 to 3 mbps because of duplex settings,qos incorrection applied in rnc.

you may check it and get your problem solved

s.sunilpal123
2011-03-09, 06:39 PM
hi!

There is another feature called code multiplexing in HSDPA.

It basically means how many UEs will be scheduled per TTI.

If you have configured this value as 3,(you would have configured 3 HS-SCCHs as well). This results in better utilisation of code resources at the cost of higher throughput per user.

May be try to play with this parameter by turning off code multiplexing or reducing it to 2.

Another thing you need to be sure of is if you are using shared scheduler( 1 scheduler per nodeB or 3 schedulers (1 per sector or 3 per nodeB).For best throughputs you need to have 3 schedulers per nodeB.

dekili
2011-05-05, 11:16 PM
If you have set 9 users per TTI in RU20 you will end up with 3.6Mbps... Even if you are having nominally 21Mbps per cell dont expect to have nothing close to it.

Ummi
2011-05-05, 11:18 PM
1. IuB bandwidth
2. User that activate on your side
3. HLR Profile
4. SGSN Type
5. Dedicated Code

Fill this requirement

mbbalagtas
2011-05-24, 01:48 AM
Hi,

You may also want to check your modulation, it should be 64 QAM

Looking in Iub Transmission. You should have at least 21 Mbps E1 but you should also consider control traffic not only user traffic. If this is the case, estimate, 25% of the total user traffic, that is for ATM overheads.
So Iub BW should be = 21 Mbps * 1.25 = 26.25 mbps
if you need % loading for resiliency (say 80% loading) = 26.25 / 0.8 = 32.8125 Mbps

Also, it is recommended to have IP transmission.

adewijaya
2011-05-24, 07:55 AM
recommended using IP less overhead system

mout94
2012-03-02, 07:21 PM
Hi Taki,

In addition to licenses increasing, you have to add capacity on Iub and check flow control policy to get more throughput.
So monitor iub traffic and congestion counter to understand if something wrong in iub or not before.
Another point, in SGSN there is some limitation on throughput also, check maxbitrate supported