PDA

View Full Version : TYPRABBASIC in Huawei

malira
2010-03-11, 01:19 PM
Dear all,

Would the expert here please help to answer me about the TYPRABBASIC parameter in Huawei UMTS?
(TYPRABBASIC: Basic information for a typical traffic Radio Access Bearer.)

If we set the TRAFFICCLASS = INTERACTIVE, MAXBITRATE = 2048000, SHIND=HO_TO_GSM_SHALL_NOT_BE_PERFORM.

I'm not quite sure that how it works?

It means the interactive service which got the MAXBITRATE from the core network 20480000 kbps will cannot do the PS IRAT HO.

or

If the MAXBITRATE the the UE got from the core network = 3684000 kbps, it will keep the user to stay in 3G until the current bit rate of UE lower than 20480000 kbps (1800000 kbps), it will can do the PS IRAT HO after that.

Thank you very much for your answer. :-)

redernesto
2010-08-14, 02:25 PM
Is correct with these parameter no perform PS HO

Tomas Delgado
2010-09-02, 08:02 AM
As far as i know is not about not letting you go to GSM, in rab index you have 3 types, you SHOULD means its enabled to go to GSM in some service independly in the signal level, you SHOULD NOT means you must enter compress mode to go to GSM and you SHALL NOT means that even if you have the weakest signal youre not going to GSM. Now getting back in the issue, I THINK your rab will change if you enter in poor radio conditions, it will end up in a rab that its available for interratho. I think chinese guys would not sent you to EDGE if you can still be in HSDPA, i think its better to have a best data rate. But thats what i think im not the last work. I had never tried to put SHOULD NOT in a 1500 bearer.