PDA

View Full Version : E******* GSM subscriber perceived congestion

danikd
2010-03-05, 08:41 PM
I had some problem with measurements of Subscriber perceived congestion in E******* GSM network. Historically I'm utilizing the following formula:
TCH congestion = 100*(TFNRELCONG+THNRELCONG+TFCONGSAS+THCONGSAS-CNRELCONG+TFNRELCONGSUB+THNRELCONGSUB+TFCONGSASSUB+THCONGSASSUB)/TASSALL

while in some operators I observe the different formula:
Subscriber perceived TCH congestion=100*TFESTPGSMSUB/TASSALL

According to E******* documentation counter TFESTPGSMSUB does not related to congestion measurements at all, while field measurements show that addind TRX on highly congested cell decreasing or even making 0 value for this counter.

Does someone have explanation for this?

Regards,
Daniel

eritelecom
2010-03-05, 10:56 PM
I had some problem with measurements of Subscriber perceived congestion in E******* GSM network. Historically I'm utilizing the following formula:
TCH congestion = 100*(TFNRELCONG+THNRELCONG+TFCONGSAS+THCONGSAS-CNRELCONG+TFNRELCONGSUB+THNRELCONGSUB+TFCONGSASSUB+THCONGSASSUB)/TASSALL

According to E******* documentation counter TFESTPGSMSUB does not related to congestion measurements at all, while field measurements show that addind TRX on highly congested cell decreasing or even making 0 value for this counter.

Regards,
Daniel

I think u made a mistake when u wrote TFESTPGSMSUB ( for overlaid subcells only) instead of TFESTPGSM.
TFESTPGSM : number of connections successfully established
TASSALL :Number of first assignment attempts on TCH for all MS power classes
Thus the formulae has to be as following :
==> 100*[1- (TFESTPGSM / TASSALL)] = Subscriber perceived TCH congestion

danikd
2010-03-06, 01:48 AM
I think u made a mistake when u wrote TFESTPGSMSUB ( for overlaid subcells only) instead of TFESTPGSM.
TFESTPGSM : number of connections successfully established
TASSALL :Number of first assignment attempts on TCH for all MS power classes
Thus the formulae has to be as following :
==> 100*[1- (TFESTPGSM / TASSALL)] = Subscriber perceived TCH congestion

Hi,
There is no mistake!!!!!
The customer claiming that E******* description does not comply with real action.

TFESTPGSMSUB - According to E******* "This counter counts the number of connections successfully established on the P-GSM 900 Band TCH/F"

I was confused to see SUB in this counter as well. But field testing shows opposite behavior - expanding cell with new TRXs causing TFESTPGSMSUB to be lower, while locking TSs or TRXs increasing. More than that no OL/UL structure exist for that specific network.

Looking for help
Thanks

tukangoptim
2010-03-06, 12:58 PM
hi danikd, just try to share my opinion.
subscriber perceived congest i think is the number of subscribers that directly impacted by congestion. that's why CNRELCONG must not be substracted (- sign), but should be add as increment to formula (+ sign).
** CNRELCONG -> signalling drop on SDCCH due to TCH congestion **

danikd
2010-03-06, 07:55 PM
hi danikd, just try to share my opinion.
subscriber perceived congest i think is the number of subscribers that directly impacted by congestion. that's why CNRELCONG must not be substracted (- sign), but should be add as increment to formula (+ sign).
** CNRELCONG -> signalling drop on SDCCH due to TCH congestion **

Agree with SDCCH Congestion.....but original question is related to TCH subscriber perceived congestion and counter TFESTPGSMSUB, which is not correctly explained in E******* docs.

Thank you anyway

Daniel

viswajeet
2010-03-07, 04:23 AM
Agree with SDCCH Congestion.....but original question is related to TCH subscriber perceived congestion and counter TFESTPGSMSUB, which is not correctly explained in E******* docs.

Thank you anyway

Daniel

wait.., i quote from ALEX:

"CNRELCONG Number of released connection on SDCCH due to TCH- and transcoder congestion in underlaid and overlaid subcell. The subset for overlaid subcells is CNRELCONGSUB. The two counters are located in CLSDCCH and CLSDCCHO respectively. CNDROP is stepped at the same time. "

hence for SDCCH Congestion:

CCONGS Congestion counter for underlaid subcell. Stepped each time an allocation attempt fails due to SDCCH congestion. Also available for overlaid subcells, CCONGSSUB.

cmiiw

danikd
2010-03-07, 04:37 AM
wait.., i quote from ALEX:

"CNRELCONG Number of released connection on SDCCH due to TCH- and transcoder congestion in underlaid and overlaid subcell. The subset for overlaid subcells is CNRELCONGSUB. The two counters are located in CLSDCCH and CLSDCCHO respectively. CNDROP is stepped at the same time. "

hence for SDCCH Congestion:

CCONGS Congestion counter for underlaid subcell. Stepped each time an allocation attempt fails due to SDCCH congestion. Also available for overlaid subcells, CCONGSSUB.

cmiiw

Guys....you forgot the question....what about TFESTPGSMSUB...forget for a while about SDCCH....I'm asking about TCH!!!!

viswajeet
2010-03-07, 04:49 AM
Guys....you forgot the question....what about TFESTPGSMSUB...forget for a while about SDCCH....I'm asking about TCH!!!!

actually i dont care about your question! never use that counter as congestion formula, never before!
just need to clarify that CNRELCONG has nothing to do with SDCCH Congestion so other member reading dont mislead!!
G.LUCK!!!

danikd
2010-03-07, 05:27 AM
actually i dont care about your question! never use that counter as congestion formula, never before!
just need to clarify that CNRELCONG has nothing to do with SDCCH Congestion so other member reading dont mislead!!
G.LUCK!!!

Wow.....who cares!!!! Be cool

tukangoptim
2010-03-09, 01:31 AM
haiyah.. :lol :lol :lol :lol

mp9413
2010-03-09, 11:15 PM

Regards,
Daniel

Don't be confuse. It is a China operator market correction. They conducted extensive investigation and defined their own formula. As they don't use the objecttype of counter TFESTPGSMSUB, they just modify the meaning of the counters of the objecttype and hence the strange formula.

danikd
2010-03-10, 05:38 AM
Don't be confuse. It is a China operator market correction. They conducted extensive investigation and defined their own formula. As they don't use the objecttype of counter TFESTPGSMSUB, they just modify the meaning of the counters of the objecttype and hence the strange formula.

Can you elaborate a little bit on it? Is this formula can be applicable for European operators as well? cause E******* does not measuring the real subscriber perceived TCH congestion.

icebreaker05
2010-09-18, 10:27 PM

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We are using the same formula. BSS08B in ALEX states:
TF_REL_C = TFNRELCONG + TFNRELCONGSUB
TH_REL_C = THNRELCONG + THNRELCONGSUB

T_CONG = (CNRELCONG + TF_REL_C +TH_REL_C)/TASSALL *100

Counters for MULTIBAND OPERATION
The counters in object type CELTCHFP give valuable full-rate traffic information about the primary GSM 900 band. Some important counters:
TFESTPGSM Number of connections successfully established, TFESTPGSMSUBfor overlaid subcells.TFDROPPGSM Number of dropped connections due to failure, TFDROPPGSMSUBfor overlaid subcells.TFCONGPGSM Congestion time, TFCONGPGSMSUB for overlaid subcells.TFTRALPACC Traffic level accumulator, TFTRALPACCSUBfor overlaid subcells.

TFESTPGSMNumber of connections successfully established, TFESTPGSMSUBfor overlaid subcells.TFDROPPGSMNumber of dropped connections due to failure, TFDROPPGSMSUBfor overlaid subcells.TFCONGPGSMCongestion time, TFCONGPGSMSUB for overlaid subcells.TFTRALPACCTraffic level accumulator, TFTRALPACCSUBfor overlaid subcells.

I don't think TFESTPGSM will indicate congestion as well. This is only my POV. let us wait for other suggestions to come..

BR.