PDA

View Full Version : Original how to load Files to Actix Faster

emahmoud
2010-03-04, 07:53 AM
Dear Friends,

i found that the slowness that we had when we load a log file to Actix is because the registry parameter, i just changed the below parameter from 512 to 2048, then walllla it is faster by 10 times now,
please to find below the following changes that you should do to increase you system performance.

open run
write regedit
then go to "There is a registry setting that allows limited modification of how this memory is handled: In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems key, look for the
Windows value. There's a long string for this value that will look similar to this: %SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"

just change 512 to 2048 and see the difference.

please to reply with you comments and reputation.

thanks

striker
2010-03-04, 09:17 AM
Dear Friends,

i found that the slowness that we had when we load a log file to Actix is because the registry parameter, i just changed the below parameter from 512 to 2048, then walllla it is faster by 10 times now,
please to find below the following changes that you should do to increase you system performance.

open run
write regedit
then go to "There is a registry setting that allows limited modification of how this memory is handled: In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems key, look for the
Windows value. There's a long string for this value that will look similar to this: %SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"

thanks

but how to edit? I can see this but if you modify it's a binary string
%SystemRoot%system32csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows …"

emahmoud
2010-03-04, 03:40 PM
"Originally Posted by emahmoud
Dear Friends,

open run
write regedit

thanks "

just double click in "windows" record in subsystem, and you can change it

striker
2010-03-04, 04:59 PM
"Originally Posted by emahmoud
Dear Friends,

open run
write regedit

thanks "

just double click in "windows" record in subsystem, and you can change it

i modified it already but i don't see any improvement..I used timer just to prove it...

emahmoud
2010-03-05, 05:58 AM
dear,

it should give improvment on very large data like more than 500 MB log files, as i checked and tested.

bassem_16
2010-03-10, 09:04 PM
Just brief explanation about csrss.exe

This is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem; Win32.sys is the kernel-mode portion. Csrss stands for Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem, and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and implementing some portions of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.