PDA

View Full Version : LowPaging Success Rate in the entire PLMN in Huawei system-Urgent

parsarka
2010-02-28, 02:31 AM
Hi Experts,
I am facing problem constantly with Paging success rate in the entire PLMN in all the LACs during the NBH hour.Its is about 89% on an average only.Since its a newly launched network,The overall network traffic utilization is rather low about 25%.Please suggest at the earliest as I need to revert to the customer.
Regards
Raj

parsarka
2010-02-28, 02:35 AM
Hi Experts,
I am facing problem constantly with Paging success rate in the entire PLMN in all the LACs during the NBH hour.Its is about 89% on an average only.Since its a newly launched network,The overall network traffic utilization is rather low about 25%.Please suggest at the earliest as I need to revert to the customer.
Regards
Raj

I also wanted to let you all know that its a purely 2G network..so kindly suggest which all parameter needs to be checked & optimised...i have changed the RACH Access RX level min from -109 to -105 but with no improvement

tukangoptim
2010-02-28, 03:40 AM
hi parsarka, some suggestion based on experience i remember:
# LAC splitting, paging message is sent from MSC to each BSC belonging. then messages have to be sent to all cells where Location Area MS registered.This means that one incoming Paging message to the BSC leads to a considerably larger number of outgoing Paging Commands from the BSC. Too large LAs may cause too high paging load in the BTS resulting in congestion and lost pages.

# Re-Bordering: check your LAC border and try to hinder area profile that has high mobility, such as highway, etc.

# Fine tuning of cells at LAC border, basic idea is to make more difficult doing cell relection or handover to different LAC cells.

# Control Channel configuration: i think at some huawei document can show which one is better according to your trx/network condition: combined/non combi.

# Standard parameter review, like number of paging blovks reserved for your access grant channel , AGCH and PCH. >> BS_AG_BLKS_RES.
another is BS-PA-MFRRMS, to define interval between paging messages.

RF engineer
2010-02-28, 04:24 AM
it seems you have problem in msc ,check what is paging strategy IMSI or TMSI and number of paging then check IMSI attach/detach timer on msc must be greater than T3212 on BSC ,then check how many block reserved for AGCH and paging multiframe as mentioned by our colleguea they must be few number as for AGCH 1 or max 2 and for paging multiframe also be 2

parsarka
2010-02-28, 05:54 PM
Hi Experts,
Thank you somuch for the suggestions given to me.I have checked & found that the values of BS_PA_MFRMS & BS_AGBLKS_RES are both at 2 & the T3212 timer is also ok.need to confirm on the MSC side about the suggestions given by you.I have also added reputation & thanks to you for this help.please also share if you have any more ideas.One more concern is the poor DCR & HOSR
in some of the BSCs in the Huawei systems.Please tell me which all basic parameters need to be checked for huawei systems for the improvement overall.One more thing,can we get cell wise DELETED PAGING COMMANDS in huawei as in NSN??Its also observed that the overall network drops fluctuates every alternate day(ranges from .7 to 1.5%)with no RF activity done...any specific cause?
Looking eagerly for your suggestions,
Regards
Raj

RF engineer
2010-02-28, 06:22 PM
i donot have idea about this indicator one more thing can you check paging times

gprastomo
2010-02-28, 07:21 PM
Hi Experts,
Regards
Raj

Hi what you have to checks are :
1. Is there any paging discard ? If yes, you have to specify which LAC is suffer from this Paging discard, then check your parameter maybe the BTS paging buffer is overload due to wrong parameter on BTS Paging buffer (eg number of multiframe between paging is too small), then you can calculate the paging Load on that LAC, is is exceed the maximum Paging Channel that can handle, if yes -> Split LAC
2. Is there any AGCH Loss ? If yes so redimension the AGCH, if the paging load is high also -> Split LAC
3. Check which LAC is suffer from bad Paging SR, if the Paging Load on PCH is still smal, you can crosscheck to Core team maybe they set the timer to wait repaging too small
4. Is there any high SDCCH block and TCH Block? IF yes, remove all this blocking especially for SDCCH Blocking.

Try above first then if problem still exist so let me know

br

viswajeet
2010-02-28, 09:21 PM
thanks for starting this issue

parsarka
2010-03-01, 03:05 AM
1. Is there any paging discard ? If yes, you have to specify which LAC is suffer from this Paging discard, then check your parameter maybe the BTS paging buffer is overload due to wrong parameter on BTS Paging buffer (eg number of multiframe between paging is too small), then you can calculate the paging Load on that LAC, is is exceed the maximum Paging Channel that can handle, if yes -> Split LAC
2. Is there any AGCH Loss ? If yes so redimension the AGCH, if the paging load is high also -> Split LAC
3. Check which LAC is suffer from bad Paging SR, if the Paging Load on PCH is still smal, you can crosscheck to Core team maybe they set the timer to wait repaging too small
4. Is there any high SDCCH block and TCH Block? IF yes, remove all this blocking especially for SDCCH Blocking.

br

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.I wanted to let you know that the overall TCH utilization of the network is only 25% since its a newly launched network.The PSR is low throughout the PLMN & not on specific LAC.The things you mentioned above are already normal.So Kindly advice if I need to check any other parameter or follow any other process.

BR
Raj

parsarka
2010-03-01, 03:32 AM

br

Hi,
Also wanted to inform you that the TCH BLK & SD BLK in the network is only 0.2%

kevin_h811
2011-01-20, 10:58 AM
Hi PARSARKA,

In our Network, we implemented PAGING TIMES from 1 to 6 and Random Access Error Threshold from 180 to 230 last Nov 2010, Currently, it's PSR improve from 69% to 80%.
The areas in this BSC (HUAWEI Network) are in remote areas.
Hope this will help also to your network.
Pls add rep and thanks if you found it useful.

Regards//