PDA

View Full Version : KPI Report

justdream
2010-02-18, 06:47 AM
Experts,
do you a have a professional sample of weekly KPI report???

It will be so nice, if you could share :hug:

hassen
2010-02-18, 07:07 AM
Hi bro

could you tell me wich tool you are using or may be manually just for information in order to help you.

br hassen

justdream
2010-02-18, 07:28 AM
Hi bro

could you tell me wich tool you are using or may be manually just for information in order to help you.

br hassen

My tool is SPOTS, it gives me reporta in Excel format
just show me what you have and I think I can play around it using Excel, etc

justdream
2010-02-18, 07:58 PM
also, is there especial tool to do these issues, as I see that doind the smae excersie every week, means a lot of repeated steps

so I think may be there are special tools to handle these issues :hug:

justdream
2010-02-19, 02:22 AM
Experts, how to remove cells that have RXLev less than -90 dBm from my KPI report?

how to define these cells? :hug:

Please advice

hassen
2010-02-19, 03:54 AM
Hi bro

could you share report to see and try to find a solution because i don't have any idea
about spots,i think it is old tool because now we use metrica or business object much easy to ceate a template for daily or weekly busy hour ....
and these tools use a raw data for processing.
note: my friend as you know in telecom field statistics fonction are not linear so you have to make difference between average 7 days and weekly kpi.:D

br hassen

justdream
2010-02-19, 04:57 AM
Hi bro

could you share report to see and try to find a solution because i don't have any idea
about spots,i think it is old tool because now we use metrica or business object much easy to ceate a template for daily or weekly busy hour ....
and these tools use a raw data for processing.
note: my friend as you know in telecom field statistics fonction are not linear so you have to make difference between average 7 days and weekly kpi.:D

br hassen

:D ok, mon ami but I have to tell you that I made many tests and i have found that SPOTS give me an average Carried traffic when I go for weekly or daily stats (just for traffic, I know it's not logic "there's somethign wrong here")

The reports you can get from SPOTS is normal Excel sheet with your Object, Dates, KPIs, values

so you have to play with Excel to let your report looks like professional ones and easy to read
anyway, here's attached a sample

finally, I didn't understabd the clients' request to remove cells with RXLev below -90 dBm (Do you understand it?)

hassen
2010-02-19, 07:56 PM
:D ok, mon ami but I have to tell you that I made many tests and i have found that SPOTS give me an average Carried traffic when I go for weekly or daily stats (just for traffic, I know it's not logic "there's somethign wrong here")

The reports you can get from SPOTS is normal Excel sheet with your Object, Dates, KPIs, values

so you have to play with Excel to let your report looks like professional ones and easy to read

finally, I didn't understabd the clients' request to remove cells with RXLev below -90 dBm (Do you understand it?)
Hi bro

if clients request to remove cells with RXLev below -90 dBm i think they want to check indoor coverage or manage traffic.
and i think the only way is to decrease access min in idle mode.
i will check if there is possibility to limite value of causes for KPI for example (drop due to high TA if ms exceed TA=63) .
and ask oss team if they can schedule for weekly recording from data base of STS
in order to get weekly KPi because there is table (administration scheduling ) to put
the first day of the week) and the system compresse raw data for hour and keep historique and compresse hourly data for day ....until week and month.
and i think from your tool you can do some thing to get weekly KPI just read manual.

br hassen

hassen
2010-02-20, 04:01 AM
Hi justdream

As example The drops counters due to Low Signal Strength will be pegged when the Signal Strength during the last Measurement Report before the call dropped is below the LOWSSDL Threshold ,LOWSSDL is BSC Exchange Property parameters which is used only for statistics purposes and does not affect the behavior of calls.
value is given in dBm.
Filtered DL signal strength values are compared with this value when analyzing urgency conditions.
Property type: Optional
Numeral 47-110
Default value: 104 .
so the kpi drop call due to low signal strength increase,(below the LOWSSDL Threshold),but in reality a part of drop is due to bad quality downlink,in this case we can suspect bad performance of Bts power control feature and need tune :D!

Br Hassen

justdream
2010-02-20, 05:33 AM
Thanks a lot hassen :)
I can say in short that you are so smart and professional so I didn't understand you completely as my knowledge is still in the building level

anyway, I have another question my brother, if you have bad KPI due to hardware issue (some bad cells)

what do you do? just report these cells with required actions
or remove it from your calculations, in case of removing it (so kindly I need more details as I'm already doing that but I don't see it as logic approach)

Million thanks, my brother :hug:

hassen
2010-02-20, 05:53 AM
Hi bro

Yes just report these cells with required actions,and when the problem is fixed check KPis after and report with some indication that Kpis releated to this hw problem are improved .

good luck my friend

hassen

blert596
2010-02-20, 08:00 AM
Hi,

As an planner/optimiser the easiest way to produce reports is to query Metrica directly using Access.

Access to metrica tables allows you to extract whatever stats you need on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Creating simple queries in Access you can extract most aspects of cell performance (drops, drop reasons, KPIs etc) and extract them to Excel. From there you can do the usual manipulation to use graphs to show your data.

Hope this helps

Blerty

justdream
2010-02-22, 06:11 PM
Hi,

As an planner/optimiser the easiest way to produce reports is to query Metrica directly using Access.

Access to metrica tables allows you to extract whatever stats you need on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Creating simple queries in Access you can extract most aspects of cell performance (drops, drop reasons, KPIs etc) and extract them to Excel. From there you can do the usual manipulation to use graphs to show your data.

Hope this helps

Blerty

Thanks a lot but honestly speaking I don't know how to query Metrica directly using Access

phediabui
2011-03-05, 09:23 PM

Thank so much for you posting. We are now on the way to build up the KPI for the whole company and i am the person in charge, I also can take your file into consideration and we might revise it based on our current status

good luck :)

phediabui

patek1968
2011-03-06, 12:31 PM
I'll give you a sample KPI that's been gathered for a month..This was extracted using Genex NASTAR..

Cepillo
2011-03-06, 01:05 PM
HI all!
Could you please share a daily static data of a "RF frequency scanning" Task with 200 kGz steps for some close wcda stations (up to 4) in excel or MBD format?
Thanks in advance!

Md.Moniruzzaman
2011-03-08, 05:41 PM
We regularly scan (DriveTest) our network. Here we analyze KPI also.
If you need this,prompt...

Cepillo
2011-03-08, 06:27 PM
We regularly scan (DriveTest) our network. Here we analyze KPI also.
If you need this,prompt...

what is your network? Im intresting 3g.

Md.Moniruzzaman
2011-03-08, 06:40 PM
I am recently working for Avea & Turkcell.

jayjay
2011-03-24, 02:14 PM
Thanks a lot hassen :)
I can say in short that you are so smart and professional so I didn't understand you completely as my knowledge is still in the building level

anyway, I have another question my brother, if you have bad KPI due to hardware issue (some bad cells)

what do you do? just report these cells with required actions
or remove it from your calculations, in case of removing it (so kindly I need more details as I'm already doing that but I don't see it as logic approach)

Million thanks, my brother :hug:

Hi justdream,

If you have bad KPI due to bad cells/hardware issue, do not remove it from your calculation only to make a good KPI report. The problem must be addressed to related group to troubleshoot the problem.

Adityaa
2011-03-24, 04:34 PM
Hello guys....!
What is a KPI and how does it help you...? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated....!

D33T0X
2011-03-24, 04:42 PM
KPI = Key Performance Indicator

Two types are normally monitored:

Snapshot - drive test
Continuous - OSS

Normally you create trends and by analysing them you see hoe your network performs, where things go wrong, etc.

I hope it helps