PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Regarding RF Optimization

Blacktiger
2010-02-16, 07:51 AM
Hello, I am new to this Forum. i was working as tester and we using TEMS software for Drive test. what i was doing just testing nothing else.(Recording Data using Command sequence)

now I want to learn More about RF Optimization . what is the process after the data we collect. and which tools and topology are using in UMTS (WCDMA) .

and I also want to know about which tools is used in 4G and WixMax for drive testing as well as for next step in optimizations.

Thanks in Advance.

Blacktiger
2010-03-01, 04:39 AM
Guys Can anybody tell me..PLS

justdream
2010-03-01, 05:18 AM
your next step is to post-processign your log-files
which means check the cases that you recoreded during your drive test that indicate call drop, high interference, swap feeders , etc

and tryig to solve it

sriss14
2010-03-03, 07:19 AM
Pls learn the following:
-Tems drive test layer 3 messages etc.
-Post processing of the tems log files
-Start reading and learning about the planning tools
-Learn about the KPIs and understand what is causing those kpi's etc. Keep on reading the
training manuals of E******* as they would solidify your knowledge.

viswajeet
2010-03-06, 02:19 AM
Hello, I am new to this Forum. i was working as tester and we using TEMS software for Drive test. what i was doing just testing nothing else.(Recording Data using Command sequence)

now I want to learn More about RF Optimization . what is the process after the data we collect. and which tools and topology are using in UMTS (WCDMA) .

and I also want to know about which tools is used in 4G and WixMax for drive testing as well as for next step in optimizations.

Thanks in Advance.

main objective of optimization are to get better network services: coverage, and performance quality (QoS).
Based on coverage: coverage for different rate service and load variation. In WCDMA cell breathing effect allows the cell size to smaller when load increase, vice versa. Another optimization from coverage: Pilot Pollution. I think coverage is the most important aspect at WCDMA system.

Next, optimize based on QoS, or KPI's:
CSSR, Call drop rates, Throughput, etc. Understand the performance counter first, then network parameter. Some knowledge about hardware and transmission will also help.

g.luck mate!

trainee10
2010-03-06, 02:26 AM
hi, am also a drive tester and i too wants to learn RF otpimization.

i am new to this and whenever am trying to access links to download am getting messages as follows:-
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

need help :(
thanks

test_tool
2010-03-12, 04:52 PM
your next step is to post-processign your log-files
which means check the cases that you recoreded during your drive test that indicate call drop, high interference, swap feeders , etc

and tryig to solve it

strong agree, if you can do the analysis for case, then can do more RF optimization job.

pass.soft
2010-03-17, 06:05 PM
Hi,

the drive testing is an troubleshooting tool used after identifying problems through network statistics.
If a cell has an high drop call rate, and you cannot see the problem through the statistics, then you need to collect measurements on the field.
After that, analyse the logs and correlate with the network.