PDA

View Full Version : GPRS/ EDGE KPI

justdream
2010-02-10, 08:59 PM
Experts,

what's the special KPI that indicates the performance of your GPRS/ EDGE network

Thanks a lot :hug:

RF engineer
2010-02-10, 09:15 PM
Experts,

what's the special KPI that indicates the performance of your GPRS/ EDGE network

Thanks a lot :hug:
DL/ULTBF drop rate
DL/ULTBF congestion
DL/ULTBF establishment success rate
DL/ULPDCH allocation success rate
RLC/LLC throughput for each CS and MCS.
Retransmission rate for check the inteference
as other you can browse your vendor KPI for PS
BR
RF

bentoel
2010-02-10, 09:37 PM
DL/ULTBF drop rate
DL/ULTBF congestion
BR
RF

Hi RF Engineer,

You know much about GPRS/EDGE. Do you any document related GPRS optimization? If you have, please share to us. We do really need it. As I know, the main KPI that have to maintain is PDASR and PDTCH Blockin. But there are many element related this KPI need to analyse. I am still learning to optimize GPRS/EDGE.

Please share to us, my friend.

thank you very much.
Thanks.

justdream
2010-02-10, 10:23 PM
DL/ULTBF drop rate
DL/ULTBF congestion
BR
RF

Dear Expert,

I'm working on Siemens BR.9 and I have found this formula (for TBF establishment Success Rate Downlink calculation) in the stats tool, do you see it make sense :confused:

IF(MATCH_VERSION("BR5*","BR6*","BR7*","BR8*"),BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBF/BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBF,(BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBF+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFI+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFS+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFB)/(BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBF+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFI+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFS+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFB))

Please advice ASAP :hug:

nabil el haddani
2010-02-10, 10:34 PM
Hello bro,

In my case with NSN vendor, i have the following KPI for (E)GPRS:

2G Call Setup Success Rate - Data
2G Lost connection Rate – Data
PCU blocking
PDCH blocking
TBF establishment failure ratio UL
TBF establishment failure ratio DL
EDAP usage
Relative share of PS Erlangs : data traffic against cs traffic
DL TBFs per timeslot
DL & UL EGPRS erlangs
DL & UL EGPRS RLC throughput : data rate per TS

For more details about the KPIs and the corresponding formulas, please find enclosed the document explaning all these issues.

Br,

Nabil

RF engineer
2010-02-10, 11:11 PM
Hi RF Engineer,

You know much about GPRS/EDGE. Do you any document related GPRS optimization? If you have, please share to us. We do really need it. As I know, the main KPI that have to maintain is PDASR and PDTCH Blockin. But there are many element related this KPI need to analyse. I am still learning to optimize GPRS/EDGE.

thank you very much.
Thanks.
I really donot have Doc about GPRS optimization just what i know through what is faced in work but most important thing in Data to be optimise and affect the performance are
1- try to make main server in the area for each cell because during Data connection ( TBF assignment) every reselection TBF will be disconnect need to re-establish the connection so this means user face problem.
2-reduce interference because the GPRS/EDGE has property of link adaptation and incremental redundancy so when interference is high the CS or MCS which use will be downgraded in order to be robust against interference.
3-Strategy of allocating PDCH on BCCH trx and non TRX and each of them has advantage and disadvantage.
4-Enough capacity per cell if you have PS traffic .
5-reduce overshooting
and some you can post what is in your mind may be i can help
BR
RF

RF engineer
2010-02-10, 11:15 PM
Dear Expert,

I'm working on Siemens BR.9 and I have found this formula (for TBF establishment Success Rate Downlink calculation) in the stats tool, do you see it make sense :confused:

IF(MATCH_VERSION("BR5*","BR6*","BR7*","BR8*"),BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBF/BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBF,(BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBF+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFI+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFS+BTS_GPRSPF:SULACCEL_DLTBFB)/(BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBF+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFI+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFS+BTS_GPRSPF:NUACATCL_DLTBFB))

Please advice ASAP :hug:
really i donot know what are the meaning of each raw data(indicator in the formula) but you can got through the vendor kpi formualtion if you are using it
BR
RF

justdream
2010-02-10, 11:22 PM
experts,

1) I would like to calculate Pdp context activation success rate for some BSCs but the expression to calculate it is defined on SGSN level

so I couldn't calculate it for BSCs, do you know how to sort out this issue?

2) regarding (Packet connection drop rate), which counter/ formula could help me to calculate it?

Pardon, I'm a little bit confused :(

RF engineer
2010-02-10, 11:27 PM
experts,

1) I would like to calculate Pdp context activation success rate for some BSCs but the expression to calculate it is defined on SGSN level

so I couldn't calculate it for BSCs, do you know how to sort out this issue?

2) regarding (Packet connection drop rate), which counter/ formula could help me to calculate it?

Pardon, I'm a little bit confused :(
for first question as you said it is SGSN kpi not BSC and you can do just to see how is you performance through drive test of data.
and for second question take TBF drop rate for DL/UL.
BR
RF

nabil el haddani
2010-02-10, 11:36 PM
Hi bro,

for PDP Context Activation Success Rate, you can use Nemo analyse to calculate it by using crystal reports based on Nemo events:

The formula is

PDP Context Activation Success Rate=100*PDP context activation success/PDP context activation attempt

For the drop, you can check TBF drop by using usgin TBF release counters.
You have also Nemo analyse reports by sorting out the PS Session Termination Success Rate

PS Session Termination Success Rate=100*(1-PDP context dropped/PDP context activation success).

For 2G LOST CONNECTION RATE – DATA formula, please check the attached document.
PM me for the pass ;)

Br,

Nabil

RF engineer
2010-02-11, 12:43 AM
Hi RF Engineer,

thank you very much.
Thanks.
and more important thing that i forgot is Abis TS
as to have EDGE service you need more Abis TS
as to MSC5 an dabove at least you need 3 16kb/s on abis
BR
RF

bentoel
2010-02-11, 01:42 AM
I really donot have Doc about GPRS optimization just what i know through what is faced in work but most important thing in Data to be optimise and affect the performance are
1- try to make main server in the area for each cell because during Data connection ( TBF assignment) every reselection TBF will be disconnect need to re-establish the connection so this means user face problem.
2-reduce interference because the GPRS/EDGE has property of link adaptation and incremental redundancy so when interference is high the CS or MCS which use will be downgraded in order to be robust against interference.
3-Strategy of allocating PDCH on BCCH trx and non TRX and each of them has advantage and disadvantage.
4-Enough capacity per cell if you have PS traffic .
5-reduce overshooting
and some you can post what is in your mind may be i can help
BR
RF

Hi RF Engineer,

Very helpfull sharing, thank you very much. I would like to ask again. :)
Sometime, when I face PDASR is suddenly decreasing so much, or PDAFail is suddenly increasing so much also, I suspect that its because of HW Problem. What counter that we have to see, so that we will know what the cause of this decreasing PDASR problem.
Can you explain to me more about TBF bro. May be I can analyse GPRS problem from TBF.

Thanks bro

RF engineer
2010-02-11, 01:48 AM
Hi RF Engineer,

Very helpfull sharing, thank you very much. I would like to ask again. :)
Sometime, when I face PDASR is suddenly decreasing so much, or PDAFail is suddenly increasing so much also, I suspect that its because of HW Problem. What counter that we have to see, so that we will know what the cause of this decreasing PDASR problem.
Can you explain to me more about TBF bro. May be I can analyse GPRS problem from TBF.

Thanks bro
can you give more in info about PDASR
and TBF is Temporary block flow when the SGSN activate PDP address( IP) the data start transmit this data transfer is called TBF and it temporary because PS is packet unit taking radio resource for time and if there are no data to be transfer it release link not like voice.
BR
RF

bentoel
2010-02-11, 02:14 AM
can you give more in info about PDASR
and TBF is Temporary block flow when the SGSN activate PDP address( IP) the data start transmit this data transfer is called TBF and it temporary because PS is packet unit taking radio resource for time and if there are no data to be transfer it release link not like voice.
BR
RF

PDASR : Packet Data Access Success Rate, that the main KPI of GPRS in my project. I have to maintain it, and improve it. PDASR is ratio between Number of successful PDCH Seizure and Number of attempted PDCH Assignment.
Sometime I face problem with this. Do you have any clue about it bro?

RF engineer
2010-02-11, 03:37 AM
from the definition of this kpi may be you u have congestion on PDCH or interference on trx defined PDCH

hendral
2010-03-30, 08:30 AM
pls send me password pls

ghamiz
2010-06-24, 03:25 PM
Hello bro,

PCU blocking
PDCH blocking
EDAP usage
DL TBFs per timeslot
DL & UL EGPRS erlangs

For more details about the KPIs and the corresponding formulas, please find enclosed the document explaning all these issues.

Br,

Nabil
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, and want help. If anyone of you be kind enough to share the formula for TBF Establishment Success Rate UL/DL for Nokia BSS, i'll really appreciate. I am unable yet to download the attachment by nabil el haddani. (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?u=11536)

Waiting urgently for response!!!

ghamiz
2010-06-24, 03:56 PM
Hello bro,

PCU blocking
PDCH blocking
EDAP usage
DL TBFs per timeslot
DL & UL EGPRS erlangs

Br,

Nabil
Dear can you please email me this document on: age2k8@hotmail.com. I am unable to download it :(

ghamiz
2010-08-05, 01:03 PM
Please email the document to:
age28k@hotmail.com

Will be highly grateful, m currently not able to download any document from the forum though available with credits!

saurabh
2010-08-05, 05:18 PM
kindly send me doc saurabhg06@gmail.com

shekabi
2010-08-10, 09:38 PM
I received the following throughputs after a drive test using NEMO tool for a GPRS/EDGE Network.
I would like a better understanding of which interfaces each throughput refers to. Please correct me if am wrong

Application Throughput - This is the end user perceived throughput and includes internet Air Interface upto ISP
LLC Throughput - Since the PCU card converts packets into LLC from RLC I am assuming that it relates from Gb to Gi but i am extremely unclear about what this signifies
PPP Throughput - Please clarify
RLC Throughput - Relates to throughput from Air Interface to Abis.

If someone could help me understand the differences between these better it would be great

ghamiz
2010-08-19, 05:58 PM
Can anyone please share the formulae for UL Throughput both for GPRS and EDGE considering both ACK and UNACK modes?

almoqbali36
2011-02-10, 12:55 AM
Hi bro,

for PDP Context Activation Success Rate, you can use Nemo analyse to calculate it by using crystal reports based on Nemo events:

The formula is

PDP Context Activation Success Rate=100*PDP context activation success/PDP context activation attempt

You have also Nemo analyse reports by sorting out the PS Session Termination Success Rate

PS Session Termination Success Rate=100*(1-PDP context dropped/PDP context activation success).

PM me for the pass ;)

Br,

Nabil

thanks alot. i belive will good doc

almoqbali36
2011-02-10, 12:58 AM
plz pass nabile ,, thanks

4GExpert
2011-02-15, 09:51 PM
Can some one answer these questions
2)What is TFI?
3)What is TLLI and what is its significance?
4)How is TBF established in One phase acess and in two phase access?
5)what is conention resolution?How is it resolved in One Phase access and two phase access?
6)what are the modes of TBF?what is the difference between them?
7)what is the scope of TFI and TLLI?
8)What is the window size in GPRS and EGPRS?How is related with BSN?
9)what are the different allocation modes?
10)how does the MS inform the end of data transfer in Uplink?
11)how does the network inform the end of data transfer in Downlink?
12)What is the maximum value of CV.
13)what is the use of polling?what is RRBP?
14)What is SSN and RBB in packet uplink ack/Nack?
15)What does USF stands for and what is its use?
16)How many frames is required to constitute one RLC block?
17)what is single block allocation and multi block allocation during a two phase access?
18)if a network does not transmit PSIs does that mean MS wil not be able to use packet(GPRS/EGPRS) services?
19) what is stalled condition in TBF?

Thanks for the help

haq_enam
2011-03-03, 05:18 PM
We are going to swap network from E******* to Huawei.

Can any one let me know what will be GPRS/EDGE comparision between 2 vendors...and what chnage we will have...

In the E*******

1. We deployed EPDCH...is there anything like that in the Huawei
2. We have EDGE PCM(xtra PCM for data)...In Huawei do we need that.
3. Any other changes......
4. In the ericson system PDCH allacation success rate is very poor around 40% in some cells...cal u put the reason behind that....and let me know the formulas....

auto_art
2011-03-03, 08:55 PM
Multislot assignment success rate is an another KPI for GPRS EDGE performance.

hakimgsm
2011-04-06, 03:49 AM
Hi friend
Please send me password
Thanks and rep was added.

Hi bro,

The formula is

PM me for the pass ;)

Br,

Nabil

riyantoyadi
2011-04-06, 07:48 AM
please send the password

abdelhayisthebest
2011-05-03, 12:04 AM
thanks a lot my friend the pass plz :(:p:p:p:p

adewijaya
2011-05-03, 12:14 AM
no password !

difference NSN have Multislotblock average, then other vendor to describe uses of PDTCH at in one time

dodotiro
2011-05-04, 05:03 PM
for NSN network, i can get all i need from Networ Doctor. or if you are advance enough you may connect directly to the database (using SQLPlus) to collect the counter. once you get it, set up the formula and you'll find the KPI

yelcyn2
2011-08-05, 06:20 PM
pass for the attach: visirilix