PDA

View Full Version : Question Congestion in WCDMA RAN

ullazusman
2010-01-22, 06:36 AM
Hello Guys,

Does anyone have trainings or guidelines on congestion issues in WCDMA RAN?

Pls share, thanks!

cococrunch
2010-02-05, 05:16 PM
Hello Guys,

Does anyone have trainings or guidelines on congestion issues in WCDMA RAN?

Pls share, thanks!

Hi ullazusman,

Hopes this helps. :)

We use this criteria for our network.

kakayanu
2010-02-06, 12:37 AM
well i usually made an agreement with customer, if busy hour util ce over 90% we called it congest, and should be upgraded :)

ullazusman
2010-02-07, 02:02 AM
Hi ullazusman,

Thanks for the help. I hope u have solved the HSDPA problem in your network.

Regards.

kadir
2010-02-07, 02:18 AM
Hi ullazusman,

Hi my friend;

thank you for your great share so, do you have more explanations about your presentation.

thanks so much.;)

cococrunch
2010-02-07, 02:50 PM
Hi kadir,

Sorry, I dont have another document to support this. But you can post which part needs further explanation and I'll try to answer the best I can.

Thanks

kadir
2010-02-17, 04:02 PM
Hi kadir,

Sorry, I dont have another document to support this. But you can post which part needs further explanation and I'll try to answer the best I can.

Thanks

Hi friend;

could you please give explanation about below snapshot related with your presetation.

thanks a lot;)

aygo
2010-03-02, 05:23 AM
Hi

What criteries do you use Iub utilization ? (E******* P5)

Could you upload to other server

I have added reputation and thanks

Attached Files
File Type: rar Criteria for Resource Upgrade.rar (48.8 KB, 63 views)

Thanks

desi_larka
2010-03-02, 11:06 AM
hi coco

can you please upload in rapidshare and also share the password

paboya
2010-03-02, 12:49 PM
@ Desi Larka
Here is the external link for download..
Plz say thanx to cococrunch for his sharing..
:)

http://www.4shared.com/file/232578226/1c8be8c9/Criteria_for_Resource_Upgrade.html

verist3
2010-03-16, 02:28 AM
Tks for the link bos..
i have added reputations and thanks..

electron
2010-03-16, 03:17 AM
Hi ,

There is a subject in WCDMA which named capacity management which is divided to:

1.Admission Control

2.Congestion Control

If you refer to your vendor WCDMA Functionality documents the algorithm and related parameter and timers are explained there .

If any more information is needed just give a hence!

Thanks,
Reza

songyan05
2010-03-16, 04:52 PM
RN Admission Control:
When new resources are needed for a radio connection, the RN Admission Control function receives a request for admission. The request specifies the estimated amount of system resources that the radio connection needs. The request is evaluated by one or more admission policies. A response is sent out to grant or deny the new resource request.

RN Admission Control has different policies judging for each resource whether a request can be admitted or should be rejected. If no resources are available, the RN Soft Congestion functionality may free resources of existing radio connections and thereby enable the request.

Each admission policy monitors the resource against an Admission Level and a Max Level.

Up till the Admission Level, the request is admitted
Between the Admission and Max Level, (guaranteed, non-handover) or (non-guaranteed, non-handover/handover) requests are not admitted unless RN Soft Congestion actions can find the required resources to release.
Up till the Max Level (guaranteed, handover) requests are admitted (if physical resources are available). RN Soft Congestion action is triggered, but it is not a condition for admission.

RN Congestion Control
The RN Congestion Control function detects and resolves overload situations on certain system resources. It consists of three types, UL overload, DL overload and DL HSDPA overload . Capacity Management has been updated to remove the differentiation of the guaranteed-hs connection types as separate class. As a consequence, the interactive/background PS services mapped on HS are not targeted during a DL cell congestion situation, while guaranteed services are targeted according to the guaranteed class differentiation settings.
Congestion Detection
Congestion detection is triggered by UL cell congestion, DL cell congestion and DL HSDPA congestion detection.

Uplink Cell Congestion Detection
Congestion due to radio overload in uplink is detected when the UL RWTP exceeds a certain configurable threshold for a longer time than the hysteresis time. The threshold for detection of UL congestion is determined by iFCong and the hysteresis time is determined by iFHyst.

RN Congestion Control considers UL congestion to be resolved when the uplink RTWP for a particular cell is below iFCong for a longer time than the hysteresis time iFHyst.

Downlink Cell Congestion Detection
Congestion due to radio overload in the non HS downlink transmitted carrier power is detected when the measured downlink transmitted carrier power exceeds a certain configurable threshold for a longer time than the hysteresis time. The threshold for detection of downlink congestion is determined by the parameters pwrAdm + pwrOffset and the hysteresis time pwrHyst.

Downlink cell congestion is considered to be resolved when the downlink transmitted carrier power for a particular cell is below pwrAdm + pwrOffset for a longer time than the hysteresis time.

Mctest
2010-03-16, 05:47 PM
2songyan05 Tell me please,which source did you use for your post?

dominky
2010-03-26, 12:49 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here and want to say hello!

My experience is for IUB cong: reduce GBR -> GBR is a reservation at the whole network and reserves the rate of GBR for each user at e.g. the IUB interface. So if you reduce GBR from e.g. 64-32kbps, the maximum user number increases by 2 times. I made this change in a Huawei network and all IUB congestion disappeared ;)
I didn't find any drawbacks, that is because of the typical user behavior in interactive service is internetbrowsing, which is bursty traffic for a short time and after that reading for a much longer time - try it out!

For Channel Element congestion the solution was DCCC (Huawei): I changed the ulmidratethd from 128 to 64 (mbr is 144) and dcccratethd to from 64 to 32 => almost no more CE congestion! Also here is the crucial factor the user behavior. RB128 use the same amount of credits as 144, so before there was no effect by downsizing the radio bearer. For DCCCRATETHD, RB32 needs just the half of credits (I guess 3 -> 1.5CE) compared to RB64, so the useage is the double of before. My next step had been to increase the TVM thd for event 4b to downsize earlier, but was not necessary.

I hope that is usefull to you!

tukangoptim
2010-03-26, 01:43 AM
perhaps attached admission control workflow give some hints..

viswajeet
2010-03-27, 02:12 PM
the best way to overcome congestion is upgrading, may be tx or carrier, or license. as my experience feature or parameter can not help much.
however in 3G, another way to "save" KPI is by degrading user experience performance. :eek:

jack_ryan
2010-03-27, 03:12 PM
can you upload it on 4share? i'm a new member so i can't download it. thanks so much

dominky
2010-04-15, 03:12 AM
the best way to overcome congestion is upgrading, may be tx or carrier, or license. as my experience feature or parameter can not help much.
however in 3G, another way to "save" KPI is by degrading user experience performance. :eek:

I generally agree!
But you know that is connected to expenses and in my experience, the provider first try to save money with the aid of software changes - however upgrading hardware is always the best soloution.

Attached you'll find the Channel Element usage by service and related credits used.

cococrunch
2010-04-25, 04:19 PM
@ Desi Larka
Here is the external link for download..
Plz say thanx to cococrunch for his sharing..
:)

http://www.4shared.com/file/232578226/1c8be8c9/Criteria_for_Resource_Upgrade.html

Thanks Paboya for your kindness to upload this for other users.. :)

To Kadir,

The one you posted refers to the upgrade progress/sequence of WBTS that we proposed. Basically Set A is the default configuration in our network upon integration, as traffic goes higher we can upgrade to Set B and so on. We thought of this bundle because some upgrades are not effective without other upgrades, i.e. 10 codes & code multiplexing.

Any comments are welcome.. :)

sammy
2010-05-05, 05:42 PM
thank for sharing

sammy
2010-05-05, 05:43 PM
does it need pwd

egydental
2010-05-26, 06:10 PM
YOU DOING GREAT EFFORT

lamagica
2010-12-28, 05:02 PM