PDA

View Full Version : Different Traffic Volumes per carrier

Armagadon
2010-01-20, 10:00 PM
Dear Friends,

What is the reason behind having different Traffic volumes on different carriers in the same sector?
For example, our system is CDMA2000, we are using two carriers is some sites. In some of these multicarrier sectors, frequency one has always bigger traffic (double or more) than the frequency two. Provided that they both have same hardware, azimuth, power, RSSI.

Do you have any reasonable explanation?

nabil el haddani
2010-01-20, 11:05 PM
as i know before when i was working on CDMA2K with ZTE vendor, there was parameter called carrier proriority, for example let's suppose two carriers one for voice and second for data, you can give priority 1 to first carrier and second priority to the second one, otherwise the two carriers would have the same allocation prirority dependy on traffic volume strategy.

please find attached MultiCarrier System Planning & Optimization document, it could help

Br,

Nabil

Armagadon
2010-01-21, 02:36 PM
Thanks brother. But in my case, the traffic is all data, and I need to make it equal or at least close values. Any ideas?

thantzin
2010-01-21, 03:39 PM
if we use two carriers in one sector
how mobile station choose carriers???:)

nabil el haddani
2010-01-21, 03:41 PM
can u give us more details!
is it one carrier for 1x and second for EVDO, or the carriers are for EVDO?

thantzin
2010-01-21, 03:54 PM
no it is 2000 1x for two carriers
thanks for reply
nabil el haddani

nabil el haddani
2010-01-21, 04:09 PM
Armagadon, are u logging with two accounts or what?

thantzin
2010-01-21, 04:16 PM
Armagadon, are u logging with two accounts or what?
no i am not armagadon i am a newbie in this forum
i would like to know why we do two carriers
can we adding channel elements cards???
if we put two carriers hard hand off can be occurs or not??

Armagadon
2010-01-21, 06:15 PM
can u give us more details!
is it one carrier for 1x and second for EVDO, or the carriers are for EVDO?

Hello Nabil, thanks for your interest.

I was talking about 2 carriers both for 1x. We also have some sites with two carriers for EVDO.
By the way, we have disabled the HHO between different carriers.

thantzin
2010-01-21, 06:30 PM
Hello Nabil, thanks for your interest.

I was talking about 2 carriers both for 1x. We also have some sites with two carriers for EVDO.
By the way, we have disabled the HHO between different carriers.
hello sir
how did you disable hho between different carriers .
thanks in advance

nabil el haddani
2010-01-21, 06:48 PM
hi armagadon,

if you are working on ZTE, and u have to set ure first carrier to voice only and ure second carrier for mixed (voice + data) you will have for sure difference of volume traffic, try to set both carriers to mixed carrier (no prio for any service).

i hope it could help

Br,

Nab

fangruan2201
2010-01-22, 02:31 AM
Dear Friends,

What is the reason behind having different Traffic volumes on different carriers in the same sector?
For example, our system is CDMA2000, we are using two carriers is some sites. In some of these multicarrier sectors, frequency one has always bigger traffic (double or more) than the frequency two. Provided that they both have same hardware, azimuth, power, RSSI.

Do you have any reasonable explanation?

Hi,

It depends on the multi-carrier strategy, as my experience with HW:

+ Hard assignment: Configure all common channels for 1st carrier and no PCH and SCH for 2nd carrier --> MS always camping on 1st carrier, when it makes new call, system will compare the current load of 1st carrier to the set threshold (default to 80%)to decide whether to assign this new call to 2nd carrier. This strategy leads to imbalanced load btw 2 carriers, 1st one always get higher load.
+ MS use HASH algorithm to randomly choose the frequency to camp on at idle mode. THis lead to quite balance traffic btw 2 carriers.

I opted the network long time ago so don't remember much. it is better to study more about multi-carrier networking strategy recommended by vendors to choose carefully the one as you want.

Regards

thantzin
2010-01-22, 11:44 AM
hi all
in my country we use huawei cdma 800 network has been new installed
and we cannot send fax using the fwt
i would like to know what is the problem
we are using huawei bsc6680
thanks
bast regards:)

sultan
2011-01-17, 04:45 AM
thanks a lot and good luck

hari_2208
2011-01-28, 07:35 PM
Hope below helps!!!!

well let me talk something vendor independent.....

Assumption: both carrier are radiating with same power.

------> MS in idle mode

+ in cdma-1x we use hashing algorithm to distribute the MS over multicarrier cells/sectors.

+ MS check the PCH channel any of the carrier based on either the last used carrier or as per its PRL values to lock in to pne of the carrie rin the cell.

+ based on the hashing algorithm it can stay and listen the same carrier or retune to next based on hhashing algorithm result.

+ all the paging , rach & TCH req msgs will be send & listen from now after in this carrier only.

------> MS in TCH

+ now MS decides to make a call,it will send this req in the corros carrier RACH & system will replay in the corss PCH.

+ the bts will have load based algorithm which will constantly check the noise floor in the system/carrier.if it find the carrier in which the new req has come is more load (high nose floor) it will ask the MS to retune to the next carrier,in which TCH will be assigned to it.else if the load is within the limits then TCH will be alocated in the same carrier.This is called corss carrier assignment.

-------> Hardhandoff

+ if the carriers are discontinous then we neeed to handover the calls from the discontinous carrier to continous one so that call continous.Normally it is vendor specifc algorithm..it can be blind hard handover or distance based.

closing lines....

- Hashing algorithem ensure that MS are uniformly distributed over the different carrier,thus uniformly loading PCH & Access channel for any carrier/sector.

- Hashing & load based algoriothm ensures BTS cariiers are uniformly loaded & hence similiar coverage pattern.

MAATALLAOUI
2011-04-11, 06:04 PM
as i know before when i was working on CDMA2K with ZTE vendor, there was parameter called carrier proriority, for example let's suppose two carriers one for voice and second for data, you can give priority 1 to first carrier and second priority to the second one, otherwise the two carriers would have the same allocation prirority dependy on traffic volume strategy.

please find attached MultiCarrier System Planning & Optimization document, it could help

Br,

Nabil

Hello,
Its a great job.please can you help me to download this link because i have no privileged to download it
;)

riyantoyadi
2011-04-11, 06:17 PM
in our 3G betwork 2nd carrier needs to :
1. upgrade capacity
2. bandwidth guarentee per user