PDA

View Full Version : Top worst cells

justdream
2010-01-12, 08:05 AM
Guys, I want to calculate the worst CDR cells in my network,
I was working by calculating the average of the CDR for all cells in the last previous days at the busy hour (as at the busy hour, the cells carry the highest traffic per day)
:(
But I noticed that some cells appear in the top worst cells with high CDR but they just have very small traffic 0.67 Erlang at the busy hour…..
So how to avoid these cells with trivial carried traffic at the busy hour
Your comments will be highly appreciated :hug:

asifhaider919
2010-01-12, 06:49 PM
I was working by calculating the average of the CDR for all cells in the last previous days at the busy hour (as at the busy hour, the cells carry the highest traffic per day)
But I noticed that some cells appear in the top worst cells with high CDR but they just have very small traffic 0.67 Erlang at the busy hour…..

Use weighted CDR to calculate the worst cells, in that case high impact worst cells with high traffic would be calculated. first of all decided a treshold for your CRD to be considered as high.

example:
i say any cell with CDR above 2% is not acceptable. filter out those cells.
then calculate the wighted CDR = CDR*Traffic Carried

Filter out the the top values of weighted CDR, which would be the high impact worst cells.

justdream
2010-01-20, 12:40 AM
Use weighted CDR to calculate the worst cells, in that case high impact worst cells with high traffic would be calculated. first of all decided a treshold for your CRD to be considered as high.

example:
i say any cell with CDR above 2% is not acceptable. filter out those cells.
then calculate the wighted CDR = CDR*Traffic Carried

Filter out the the top values of weighted CDR, which would be the high impact worst cells.

my friend, do you use CDR% as a percentage or you divide it firslty by 100
I know that no difference but the numbers for managers will not make sense :confused:

kindly advise

bentoel
2010-01-20, 03:26 AM

Guys, do you use drop number or drop rate to choose the worst cells?
It should be drop number you use to determine the worst cell.
CMIIW

asifhaider919
2010-01-20, 02:09 PM
my friend, do you use CDR% as a percentage or you divide it firslty by 100
I know that no difference but the numbers for managers will not make sense :confused:

kindly advise

Using percentage would be appropriate.

justdream
2010-01-24, 11:29 PM
I have heard from one KPI expert that there's an KPI (unfortunately I don't remember it :() indicate interference
which means if the value of this KPI is bad, so there's interference at this cell......

do you know this KPI ????????

asifhaider919
2010-01-27, 01:45 AM
I have heard from one KPI expert that there's an KPI (unfortunately I don't remember it :() indicate interference
which means if the value of this KPI is bad, so there's interference at this cell......

do you know this KPI ????????

I wont be a KPI rather it would be counter, different vendors have different counter names.

In case 0f Nokia the KPI/Counter that you are refering to is "itf_1" . Its calculated as follows

sum(ave_idle_f_TCH_1/res_av_denom4)
100 x (1- ------------------------------------- )
sum(ave_idle_f_TCH_1/res_av_denom4
+ ave_idle_f_TCH_2/res_av_denom5
+ ave_idle_f_TCH_3/res_av_denom6
+ ave_idle_f_TCH_4/res_av_denom7
+ ave_idle_f_TCH_5/res_av_denom8)

It is present in 205 Nokia Doctor Report.

cococrunch
2010-02-05, 12:28 AM
Is this 2G NSN?