PDA

View Full Version : Throuput Fluctuation On (E)GPRS Cell

adnanatif1
2010-01-07, 03:01 AM
Hi

I am working on Nokia equipment. We experienced great variation in throuput on cells where edge is enable.
Although it is not effecting the KPIs but it is noticed during the DT.
This throuput variation is not due to the users we already check it by barring the cell and alow only DT MSISDN.
We have already compare all parameters on TRX, BTS level with another NSN network.
EDAP pool is 6TS
GTRX 1 per Segment
CDED 16%
CDEF 50%
CMAX was 100% Now changed to 60% but same results.

Do anyone experienced this problem before?
Your support will be much appriciated.

Best Regards
Adnan Atif

Shakeel_15
2010-01-07, 03:14 AM
Hi,

I haven't exprienced that problem but what my suggestion is to change your preferred coding scheme to MCS1 or MCS2. Like if your preferred coding scheme for EDGE is MCS6 or MCS7 shift to lower one where ABIS requirement is less. After changing to initial coing scheme and prferred coding scheme then perform the drivetest and check the variations. If no fluctuation is observed then you might be need to expand your E1 link. Sometimes ABIS links are used in compress mode and they dosent support or fullfill the requirements.
Also in last check your abis stats and its stability also.

BR

RF engineer
2010-01-07, 04:08 AM
EDGE is more senstive to interference and BLER because of the modulation used and also the packet size you download because of link adaptation so concentrate on above and what you getting.

adnanatif1
2010-01-07, 08:18 PM
Hi,

I haven't exprienced that problem but what my suggestion is to change your preferred coding scheme to MCS1 or MCS2. Like if your preferred coding scheme for EDGE is MCS6 or MCS7 shift to lower one where ABIS requirement is less. After changing to initial coing scheme and prferred coding scheme then perform the drivetest and check the variations. If no fluctuation is observed then you might be need to expand your E1 link. Sometimes ABIS links are used in compress mode and they dosent support or fullfill the requirements.
Also in last check your abis stats and its stability also.

BR

Dear Shakeel

I have done that but still no progress

xcatas
2010-01-07, 08:43 PM
dear adnan atif
have you tried RF engineer suggestion?

i mean, how about the interference and BLER?

adnanatif1
2010-01-07, 08:54 PM
dear adnan atif
have you tried RF engineer suggestion?

i mean, how about the interference and BLER?

It was already checked in our troubleshooting

Shakeel_15
2010-01-08, 03:13 AM
Hi,

So you have tried but you cannot succeed. Sad. The important thing is that the major part of the data optimization is based on PCUSN end and small part on RF end. So, what you have to do raise this case with BSS Planning and Core departments to check the culprit cells, may be there is some discrepacy exisits at their end. Also try to expand E1 Link if the cell is carrying good traffic. Hopefully the issue will resolve.

BR

faib
2010-01-08, 07:42 AM
hye dude just download the doc nd follow the steps/equipment ........its a reocmmended way of testing or troubleshooting +enchancing ur throughput (Nokia)

http://rapidshare.com/files/331911997/Settings_for_max_TP_for_EGDE-v08.ppt

Regards,
Faib

radenmohawk
2010-04-06, 01:46 PM
hye dude just download the doc nd follow the steps/equipment ........its a reocmmended way of testing or troubleshooting +enchancing ur throughput (Nokia)

http://rapidshare.com/files/331911997/Settings_for_max_TP_for_EGDE-v08.ppt

Regards,
Faib

Re-upload please.... :)

shuhaimi
2010-04-12, 04:03 PM
Re-upload please.... :)

plaese up load this file again , your kindness

mojiiiiii
2010-09-05, 07:25 PM
please reupload this doc

jideyeye
2010-12-09, 05:32 AM
Kindly repost the link as it is not reachable.
We have the same problem on our network with NSN BSCs and the investigation has been ongoing for months.

we have even upgraded our huawei SGSN to see if this will resolve the problem.

please assist.