PDA

View Full Version : MOS Measurement

RF engineer
2010-01-06, 01:54 AM
HI
Any one has any technical document for Mean opinion score(MOS) by Nemo or OMC Statistic.
BR
RF

zeuscane
2010-01-06, 02:51 AM
I have only these documents.
Regards
zeuscane

DCA
2010-01-06, 03:31 AM
Nemo uses PESQ for their measurements.

There are three variants at this moment all defined by the ITU
P862.1, P862.2 and P862.3
And no, they don't give the same score values ;)

Attached is the doc about P862.1 to help you understand how it works.
Hopefuly you then also understand why the P-s-y-t-e-c-hnics artifical samples not working as they supposed to be.
Nemo uses an implementation of P-s-y-t-e-c-hnics (dll) to get the score results.

RF engineer
2010-01-06, 05:36 AM
Thank you very much zuescane and DCA for your support i have a case for MOS measurement when i did test for it i had AMR FR and HR and C/I higher than 15 but MOS reslut igot never pass 3 maximum i got is 2.8 and average less than 2 is there some that need to be care about and asked nemo support for reference they told to choose for both mobile 4s sample and as option there are more when i choose 10s sample the case got worse is there any thing. BR

momo86
2010-03-04, 05:00 PM
Hi, anyone tried MOS test using XCAL? Please share your experience here...
Thanks...

vinnybushkov
2010-07-08, 06:11 PM
Good grief I can't download anything.

gsm_forumer
2010-07-08, 06:20 PM
Thank you very much zuescane and DCA for your support i have a case for MOS measurement when i did test for it i had AMR FR and HR and C/I higher than 15 but MOS reslut igot never pass 3 maximum i got is 2.8 and average less than 2 is there some that need to be care about and asked nemo support for reference they told to choose for both mobile 4s sample and as option there are more when i choose 10s sample the case got worse is there any thing. BR

Hi,

Have you try to MUTE your microphone, both MOC+MTC?
Works for me some times ago, using a pair Nemo Handy N95
Hopefully works for you.

ash_or
2010-07-08, 09:54 PM

I have the same problem with you,
anyone have solution with this ..?