PDA

View Full Version : Overshooting

justdream
2009-12-30, 07:10 PM
Friends,
We are going to implement SFH in our network, but we have many overshooting cases which will have bad impact on the network after SFH implementation,

I have the log-files but I don't know from where to start
for example:

check log-files in both idle and dedicated mode or just idle mode and why 'based on your experience'

I would like to use Actix, what's the best Actix Engineering process to be used in overshooting cases 'analyzer, troubleshooting, etc'

kindly advise and tell me what did you do in your previous experience
Thanks dears

mobilink999
2009-12-30, 08:20 PM
Load your log on actix spotlight it will automatically give it

justdream
2009-12-30, 08:35 PM
Load your log on actix spotlight it will automatically give it

Thanks,
then which attribute I have to check to detect the overshooting cases

RF engineer
2009-12-30, 11:23 PM
Friends,
We are going to implement SFH in our network, but we have many overshooting cases which will have bad impact on the network after SFH implementation,

for example:

check log-files in both idle and dedicated mode or just idle mode and why 'based on your experience'

I would like to use Actix, what's the best Actix Engineering process to be used in overshooting cases 'analyzer, troubleshooting, etc'

Thanks dears
Make frequency scan it is better than the IDLE and Dedicated mode because in scan there will be no control.
BR
RF

Processor
2009-12-30, 11:56 PM
@ Rf Engineer

How can a frequency scan be done without a scanner?...i.e can it be done with a phone?

justdream
2009-12-31, 12:12 AM
@ Rf Engineer

How can a frequency scan be done without a scanner?...i.e can it be done with a phone?

yes, but depends on the mobile and TEMS version you have

RF engineer
2009-12-31, 03:33 AM
@ Rf Engineer

yes it can be , idid it with tems 6 and 8 with mobile e******* t610 and e******* 790 because mobile also can be acanner and rhe reason of scanner is that scanner has no restriction as mobile does

tremalnike
2009-12-31, 04:38 AM
Hi all,
my opinion is to use Analyzer Classic or Mapinfo to plot ServingCellID and TimingAdvance on map. This is the way - only analyzing "by hand" . After that try to optimize overshooting zones and implement SFH in healthy zones only.
For example start from Cities and leave rural areas with BBH.
BR

Bloker
2009-12-31, 06:38 AM
Hi,

Why do you want to implement SFH? and what the loading factor? 100% or less? that means will you have extra frequencies in the MAL list or only equipped ones? this is an important thing to consider if you are sure you have many overshooting cells; as increasing the frequencies in the MAL list will affect areas unaccounted for! and it also depends on your network configuration; the higher the worse.

I think a good idea to do it is - as said before - use frequency scan mode in the TEMS (make sure to select decode BSIC option), then export to mapinfo and plot several plots:

1. First best ARFCN + BSIC
2. 2nd best ARFCN + BSIC

this will help not only detect worst overlaps where the overshooting cell is the dominant cell; also you will get in the next plots the overshooting cells with lets say lower levels yet harmful.

this method will require further analysis after plotting, or you can make a small macro to compare the average distance of site detected coverage in the scan with its position; and start looking at them from highest first in the map to verify.

Please add rep if you think this is a good way :)

Regards,
Ahmad

justdream
2009-12-31, 06:51 AM
thanks all. no time now to discus regarding SFH

for DT in (scan mode), ok no problem for TEMS,
but do you know how to do it in Nemo?

justdream
2010-01-15, 11:55 PM
Make frequency scan it is better than the IDLE and Dedicated mode because in scan there will be no control.
BR
RF
thanks, but I noticed that in case of frequency scanning, I don't see my movement on TEMS map, and I can't work bu this way

did I do so something wrong? or is this normal in frequency scanning not to see your location on the Map :confused:

RF engineer
2010-01-16, 12:00 AM
thanks, but I noticed that in case of frequency scanning, I don't see my movement on TEMS map, and I can't work bu this way

did I do so something wrong? or is this normal in frequency scanning not to see your location on the Map :confused:
if you use GPS you will see your location just choose in the layer control scanned RX level it will show you.
BR
RF

justdream
2010-01-19, 07:45 PM
Hi all,
my opinion is to use Analyzer Classic or Mapinfo to plot ServingCellID and TimingAdvance on map.

thanks, can you please teach me what to do with TimingAdvance?
sorry for disturbing you, just tell me after opening the lof-file in Actix Analyzer classic what to do ? :hug:

prodigy
2010-01-19, 09:20 PM
With timing advance you can know the traffic distribution and make a little idea of the cell coverage.

BR

tremalnike
2010-01-20, 10:17 PM
thanks, can you please teach me what to do with TimingAdvance?
sorry for disturbing you, just tell me after opening the lof-file in Actix Analyzer classic what to do ? :hug:

Hi all,
main idea is to plot serving cell ID's with different colors on map for cities and timing advance ranges on map for rural areas.
For cities, it's easy to visual identify overshooting areas and you'll be able to create plan for needed optimization activities (of course - cells must be added to map too).

As we know distance to cell is equal to TA*0,53.
For rural areas,on map by timing advance we can see cells cells who serving from long distance.
Next step is to Identify Cell who serving in zone with high timing advance and to see neighbors level in this zone. If some of neighbors have good rx levels, you can do an optimization to reduce "overshooting cell" range (increase down-tilt, change azimuth, power reduction or e.t.c)
In parallel with this you may perform an additional analyze by cellID's.

Generally, my opinion is that there isn't automated way to resolve your case. But with several approaches you will have success.

BR,
Tremalnike

p.s pls excuse me for my bad english.

nabil el haddani
2010-01-20, 11:16 PM
Hi bros,

Anyone know how to export Timing advance report according to differents distance (like the file attached) by using nokia report builder or another tool from netact OSS.

Br,

Nabil

justdream
2010-01-21, 07:16 AM
Mates,

can you help me to understand the reson of the following case:

- when I drive from Cell_A towards Cell_B and Cell_C, the cell didn't made any cell reselection (idle mode)

- but when I drove in the opposite direction, from Cell_C to Cell_B the to Cell_A, the cell reselection was very logic and makes sense (idle mode)

while RXLev is the same for both cases

and kindly: how to optimize it?

tremalnike
2010-01-21, 05:18 PM
In Alcatel neighbors can be declared separately for every direction and separately for idle and dedicated mode.
Check what is in your case. May be they are declared only in one direction for idle mode.

justdream
2010-01-21, 05:59 PM
excuse me, what do you mean by neighbours in idle mode?

tremalnike
2010-01-21, 06:11 PM
excuse me, what do you mean by neighbours in idle mode?

Sory bro - I don't understand your question.
Neighbor cell's are declared for idle mode too. MS must know what to measure and criteria for reselection. If you phone measure Cell B and Cell C but don't perform reselection and stay to cell A , problem may be in thresholds for reselection.

hassen
2010-01-21, 08:02 PM
Hi

The azimuth of all sectors A are almost the same, idem for Sectors B and C before implement SFH ) to ovoid interference.
After that optimize overshooting zones According to the RACH success ratio (the lower success ratio should be take in to consideration).

Br hassen

nabil el haddani
2010-01-21, 09:07 PM
Hi Hassen,

Can you give me more details about optimising overshooting zones by analysing RACH success ratio??
I'm working on NSN vendor :)

Thanks for your infos

Br,

Nab

prodigy
2010-01-21, 09:31 PM
Hi bros,

Anyone know how to export Timing advance report according to differents distance (like the file attached) by using nokia report builder or another tool from netact OSS.

Br,

Nabil

Hi Nabil, do you have access to Nokia NetAct Optimizer?, It's an optimization tool with great and easy view of the TAs and more.

BR

nabil el haddani
2010-01-21, 09:35 PM
yes man i know that, but unfortunately we don't have :(

gprastomo
2010-01-21, 10:01 PM
Dear My frien,

I think its easy to identify by using the statistics measurements.
For GSM, there is statistic to measure the Rxlevel VS TA samples, you can define a threshold in which TA the cell considered as overshooting, let say TA5, then sum all TA>5 and divide by sum of all TA samples then you get the percentage of each cell, then sort it from higher percentage. then define percentage threshold, let say >80%.
After that verify the result by using the log files, plot by using the cell id

hassen
2010-01-21, 10:19 PM
Hi Hassen,

Can you give me more details about optimising overshooting zones by analysing RACH success ratio??
I'm working on NSN vendor :)

Thanks for your infos

Br,

Nab
Hi

from E/// feature PMR we can identify the raison of
cell with low RAch success rate (much attempt from high TA of caller) in this case down tilt antenna is the solution,if no i mean few attempt from high TA
we can suspect HW problem (antenna ...).

Br hassen

justdream
2010-01-28, 06:10 PM
Freinds, just advice me
how to force mobiel to cell reselect one cell and don't reselect the other one
I have two cells:
cell1: which MS is very near from it and MS has been detected it by RxLev -52 dBm

cell2: which MS is a little bit far from it and MS has been detected it by RxLev -77 dBm

the problem, MS almostly cell reselect Cell2 while it's far and has lower RxLev than cell1 and as cell2 far

I want to avoid this issue

edmond
2010-01-28, 06:23 PM
In Tems investigation go in equipement config, right click on the mobile device and go in idle mode and select the ARFCN of your sector who has best Rx level.

justdream
2010-01-29, 12:03 AM
In Tems investigation go in equipement config, right click on the mobile device and go in idle mode and select the ARFCN of your sector who has best Rx level.

thanks but I don't want to force the mobile to do that, I want it to be normal ??????

vci07
2010-01-29, 01:29 AM
Hi,

You can check first the cell load/traffic of cell1 if it is congested.
Does it always happen?

justdream
2010-01-29, 02:09 AM
Hi,

You can check first the cell load/traffic of cell1 if it is congested.
Does it always happen?

Thanks
Will congestion make difference in idle mode as I'm speakign about cell reselection ?

freakturd06
2010-06-04, 03:56 PM
Friends,

for example:

Thanks dears

Very good optimization topic to discuss with.:D

justdream
2011-04-21, 04:55 AM
Dears,

Again, I'm re-opening this topic for discussion

"Auto Detection of overshooting"

which methodology you are using or think it could be used to shortlist overshooting cells based on MRs/ RLFs "TA" as going to cell by cell level is very tiem consuming...

What do you see?

Processor
2011-04-30, 10:31 PM
Why not check your TA_max for all the cells in this area FIRST

justdream
2011-05-01, 01:53 AM
as may be I've TA_Max at TA=2 and still have high TA value at TA=10