PDA

View Full Version : TRAFFIC ON BCCH TRX INSETEAD OF TCH TRX

rajmeena06
2009-12-28, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

I have one serious doubt regarding TRAFFIC Distribution on BCCH TRX & TCH TRX.S

In, Our Network,Most of the Traffic is being carried on the TCH TRX, Since the Call starts then TCH TRX Starts to carry traffic.

Even in the Night around 2:p.m,3:p.m,4:p.m. when we tried to call under the particular site then TCH TRX Starts to carry traffic instead of BCCH TRX. Althogh the Traffic is Negligible on these Hours.

Please let me know how we can get maximum samples on the BCCH TRX while doing drive in the Night when there is no much traffic.

Is there any Parameter relationship at the cell level, TRX Level or BSC Level which keeps the Priority to BCCH TRX instead of TCH Trx.

We found in Entire Network TCH TRX is carring more Samples as Compared to BCCH TRX.

and we changed the tre preference but did't overcome to this probleum any other solution.wating

BR//
Raj[/SIZE][/SIZE]

ddungu
2009-12-28, 12:36 PM
Hi,

which vendor is your network? in e******* check FBCHALLOC settings..

guess.who
2009-12-28, 04:24 PM
this is exactly how it is suppose to happen....BCCH is used for Traffic only in case of high traffic.....and secondly to test bcch , u can do 2 thingss.....either lock the rest of the tchs by asking omcr during testing temporarily or u can lock the bcch freq if u are using TEMS for drive test...hope it helps...!!! i do nt know abt any parameter that gives priority to bcch in particular but i know u can prioritize each trx ...so what u can do is give BCCH trx the highest priority and the rest lower....
All the best ...tell us if it worked!!

RF engineer
2009-12-28, 05:32 PM
Hi All,

I have one serious doubt regarding TRAFFIC Distribution on BCCH TRX & TCH TRX.S

In, Our Network,Most of the Traffic is being carried on the TCH TRX, Since the Call starts then TCH TRX Starts to carry traffic.

Even in the Night around 2:p.m,3:p.m,4:p.m. when we tried to call under the particular site then TCH TRX Starts to carry traffic instead of BCCH TRX. Althogh the Traffic is Negligible on these Hours.

Please let me know how we can get maximum samples on the BCCH TRX while doing drive in the Night when there is no much traffic.

Is there any Parameter relationship at the cell level, TRX Level or BSC Level which keeps the Priority to BCCH TRX instead of TCH Trx.

We found in Entire Network TCH TRX is carring more Samples as Compared to BCCH TRX.

and we changed the tre preference but did't overcome to this probleum any other solution.wating

BR//
Raj[/SIZE][/SIZE]
There is parameter to push traffic which in huawei called TRX priority. so check for this issue
BR
RF

sachinsatija_in
2009-12-28, 08:33 PM
Dear I beleive what you mentioned is not correct. If we are having RF hopping in a network, then every operator would prefer to first prioritize its call on BCCH so as to have the best possible quality. With RF hopping, having less number of frequencies in your hopping list may result in higher load.
Also, usually every vendor has a parameter to set this up, like in nokia we have TRP (TRX priority in TCH allocation), where having TRP =
0 -> no priority
1-> BCCH TRX
2-> non BCCH TRX

I hope that helps!
Cheers

bruno hautenfaust
2010-04-03, 04:04 AM
for BR9 you have 9 different service types for allocation process this Sevice Layer List:

BR

jskhalid
2010-04-03, 04:11 AM
Hi , can you please give counters or Managed Object to activate to see trafic statistcs in BCCH TRX and Hopping TRX in E///.

BR

kevin_h811
2010-04-04, 04:43 PM
Hi RAJMEENA06,

RF Engineer has a point, by trying to use TRX Priority (for Huawei), but have u checked in ur hardware the output power of each sector to confirm if each sector is emitting same power level?

Have u checked the tightness of rigid cables for these TRXs and DDPU/CDU going out of the feeder?

2nd, have u checked if each trx has 40W or 60W setting (for Huawei eqpmt).

3rd, if this has OL/UL, check ur installation.

4th, check your Timing Advance and compare before and after if you had rectification or changed in TRX configuration.

There are many possibilities.Check both harware and soft ware config.

BR// Kevin_h811

kevin_h811
2010-04-04, 04:45 PM
Hi RAJMEENA06,

RF Engineer has a point, by trying to use TRX Priority (for Huawei), but have u checked in ur hardware the output power of each sector to confirm if each sector is emitting same power level?

Have u checked the tightness of rigid cables for these TRXs and DDPU/CDU going out of the feeder?

4th, Manual Block the TRXs, to isolate BCCH TCH and TRX TCH, there u can isolate the problem.

5th, check your Timing Advance and compare before and after if you had rectification or changed in TRX configuration.

BR// Kevin_h811

mojiiiiii
2010-08-30, 03:24 AM
Hi RAJMEENA06,

4th, Manual Block the TRXs, to isolate BCCH TCH and TRX TCH, there u can isolate the problem.

5th, check your Timing Advance and compare before and after if you had rectification or changed in TRX configuration.

BR// Kevin_h811

hi all
what is diff b/wTRP and BFG parameter in nokia BSC?