PDA

View Full Version : Question 2G to 3G Handovers

sachinsatija_in
2009-12-10, 09:40 PM
Hello

We are performing DT for huwaei and facing a strange phenomenon:

3G to 2G handovers are happening fine while 2G to 3G handovers are not happening when tested with the following two test handsets, with other handsets (test and normal) handovers do happen. Corrupt handsets are:

- Sony E******* k810i 3g
- Sony E******* c702 hsdpa

We are using TEMS 9 for testing and out of 6 different available handsets all handsets with above mentioned model tags are having this problem. Siganalling message do not record this event.

Kindly suggest if any of you have faced the same problem anywhere or suggest how to improve the same.

Thanks and KR

punto
2009-12-10, 11:42 PM
Obviously your operator has bought network feature 3G-2G HO and it works fine, which is usual thing, and you measure it normally with measurement equipment ... but check with the operator if the feature 2G-3G HO is actually bought from HUAWEI and check if this HO works fine with all your other equipment in operator`s network ... You cannot measure something on Air interface, that is not bought by operator or is not supported from both sides 2G/3G network or does not work neat with different vendors` equipment, like E*******, Huawei, NSN network equipment, so to discover all this problems and solve them ... this is because our job is sometimes really good fun :))))
Personally, I like Huawei :)))))
P:)

p.s. are in this operator - both 2G and 3G from the same vendor - Huawei ?

sachinsatija_in
2009-12-12, 03:56 AM
Thanks dear for your time, but the thing is we are able to test with other handsets the same thing. My question is with only these type (models of handets as we are having 3 SE k810i and 3 SE C702 and it doesnot happen with any of these 2 models while if i test with SE 790, it happens and also with NEMO).

Reply to your PS>> 2G equipment is ******** and 3G is by Huawei.

almoqbali36
2009-12-12, 07:22 AM
Thanks dear for your time, but the thing is we are able to test with other handsets the same thing. My question is with only these type (models of handets as we are having 3 SE k810i and 3 SE C702 and it doesnot happen with any of these 2 models while if i test with SE 790, it happens and also with NEMO).

Reply to your PS>> 2G equipment is ******** and 3G is by Huawei.

Dear
you can access to the network when you use this handsets
which MSC release you used in BSC level there are two types
1- MSC release >98
2- MSC release >99
try to put as 2
and Check

adriansyah
2010-03-27, 03:01 AM
can you check in bsc ,about Qseacrh

Check for Qsearch I , P , C

onlygod
2010-03-27, 04:40 AM
I've had problems with SE TEMS phones not performing IRAT HO, try to update the firmware if you can.
I agree, check QSI parameter to see if the phone should reselect back to 3G. Some phones ignore this parameter and do as they wish, so that might be the reason why it's working on some? I've seen HTC phones go to 3G when I set parameters for phones to stay on GSM in idle.