PDA

View Full Version : About SHO factor

kadir
2009-12-09, 11:26 PM
Hi Experts;

As you know, SHO factor should be in between 30-40% for whole network. So, in our network, this value is 39% and we have RAB establishment problem, our overall rate is about 86%. And i know that if there are alot of handoff in one cell it produce CE consumption problem and it effects the RAB establishment. When i investigate the some counters i can see that our some cells have low RAB establishment, high handoff attempt(i.e. 132000 per week). If we decrease SHO attempt we can increase our RAB establishment. Am i right? or What kind of solution can we use for this.

BR.

KADIR.

desi_larka
2009-12-10, 01:15 AM
kadir

have u investigation what is the causeof RAB establishment failure , it would not be just high handoff rate . Do you also know which type of service fail to setup , what is the load on the cell etc.

desi

Hi Experts;

As you know, SHO factor should be in between 30-40% for whole network. So, in our network, this value is 39% and we have RAB establishment problem, our overall rate is about 86%. And i know that if there are alot of handoff in one cell it produce CE consumption problem and it effects the RAB establishment. When i investigate the some counters i can see that our some cells have low RAB establishment, high handoff attempt(i.e. 132000 per week). If we decrease SHO attempt we can increase our RAB establishment. Am i right? or What kind of solution can we use for this.

BR.

KADIR.

kadir
2009-12-10, 01:29 AM
kadir

have u investigation what is the causeof RAB establishment failure , it would not be just high handoff rate . Do you also know which type of service fail to setup , what is the load on the cell etc.

desi

Hi friend thank for your reply;)

i investigated the congestion reasons and i have got;

97.9 % of the RAB Attempts % Not Established(13.8 %) is due to RAB Congestions during Admission control % PS.

what is your suggesiton about that. if it is not only because of high SHO.

br

kadir
2009-12-10, 01:33 AM
and 100 percent of the congestion reason is because of CE consumption.

desi_larka
2009-12-10, 01:33 AM
check the load on the system

check you bear control , admission control & congestion control thresholds. Also if UE demands high power then also it can happen. I am assuming you have enough HSDPA codes allocated etc..

let me know

Hi friend thank for your reply;)

i investigated the congestion reasons and i have got;

97.9 % of the RAB Attempts % Not Established(13.8 %) is due to RAB Congestions during Admission control % PS.

what is your suggesiton about that. if it is not only because of high SHO.

br

kadir
2009-12-10, 01:38 AM
and for 100 NodeB, we have;

PS Interactive Type Traffic carried on HS A,DCH excluding SHO=353,46 erlang
AMR voice traffic=27.35
CS Conversational 64 kbps traffic =0.71
PS Interactive Type Traffic carried on R99 DCH (excluding FACH, HS and EUL)=2.77

all these values are for a week.