PDA

View Full Version : Lock UE to scrambling code

MaClaud
2009-12-06, 11:51 PM
Hello I'am finding solution for this task! Please can you help me, because I don't know which SW used.

1. I Have UMTS terminal with qualcomm chipset
2. I have knowledge about UARFCN and about using scarmbling codes
3. I need lock terminal on every scrambling codes from monitored set and read CellID

For example:
In QDXM I see: UE runs in UARFCN: 10564
UE has in active set: SC: 63
UE has in active set: SC: 441, 457

Because SC: 63 is serving cell I have knowledge about CellID
I need lock UE to SC 441 and read CellID for this cell....
In next step I need lock UE to SC 457 and read CellID

main question is - whis software you can recommend for solution for this task?

Thank you very much for your answer!

desi_larka
2009-12-07, 01:36 AM
hi Maclaud

Through QxDM you can set registersi n the chipset to start on the "preferred" uARFCN & the scrambling code. If the SC is present then UE would attempt the LAU on this first.

regards

Hello I'am finding solution for this task! Please can you help me, because I don't know which SW used.

3. I need lock terminal on every scrambling codes from monitored set and read CellID

For example:

MaClaud
2009-12-07, 01:41 AM
Hi, thanks for your answer, but I have never seen anything in QxDM about registry of chipset. where can I find it? (sorry for my silly question)

hi Maclaud

Through QxDM you can set registersi n the chipset to start on the "preferred" uARFCN & the scrambling code. If the SC is present then UE would attempt the LAU on this first.

regards

mirza
2009-12-07, 02:38 PM

For example:

Hello

You can USE Drive test tools like Tems and perform Drive test around that site to determine the Cell IDs of that particular SC and other information

Thanks

Mirza

MaClaud
2009-12-07, 09:00 PM
Thank you booth for yours answer, but I am limited... I'm using modul with Qualcomm chipset (Telit EZ 864G - based on Qulacomm) and TEMS doesn't support this modules - there is writen - NO SCAN PHONE!

I think this task is very dificuilt, but I need solve it.

ajent
2009-12-08, 06:37 PM
Hello,

I got the same problem.
I try to understand how can we lock the UE ?

Having qualcomm drive test tools, without the possibility to lock on bts have no interest..

So if someone can show us how to lock the UE with qxdm or other can be useful.

Thanks.

MaClaud
2009-12-08, 07:00 PM
It's great... we have same problem, but we have not solution :L

I think - if we are using QxDM it is not possible to lock UE to SC... but how I can do it?

When I used SAGEM OT290, a have function FORCE, but QxDM is better (I Think) but force function is not here (scanning too).

Boys have someone any ideas? I think this problem is usefull for many guys which are working in GSM/UMTS brand.

Hello,

I got the same problem.
I try to understand how can we lock the UE ?

Having qualcomm drive test tools, without the possibility to lock on bts have no interest..

So if someone can show us how to lock the UE with qxdm or other can be useful.

Thanks.

ajent
2009-12-08, 07:49 PM
Yes, Maybe it seem's to be complicated, maybe writing something directly on memory cause the UE to lock.

Maybe we need to see how Qualcomm drive test phone work (Field test menu item that can lock the UE ) but not easy for scripting !

Can someone ask to Qualcomm (using a valid license) the request to send to UE using QXDM, for having this functionality ?

Thanks to help us.

It's great... we have same problem, but we have not solution :L

I think - if we are using QxDM it is not possible to lock UE to SC... but how I can do it?

When I used SAGEM OT290, a have function FORCE, but QxDM is better (I Think) but force function is not here (scanning too).

Boys have someone any ideas? I think this problem is usefull for many guys which are working in GSM/UMTS brand.

desi_larka
2009-12-10, 01:19 AM
maclaud

i have used this many times and it is an option in qxdm , it is setting the nv ram and qxdm provides an easy acess to it

you need to set the register 3524 with freq and psc and 3525 to be eabled after that

remember before you start phone needs to be in offline mode

if you still dont get me , pm me when you get qxdm and i will take you through it next day

Yes, Maybe it seem's to be complicated, maybe writing something directly on memory cause the UE to lock.

Maybe we need to see how Qualcomm drive test phone work (Field test menu item that can lock the UE ) but not easy for scripting !

Can someone ask to Qualcomm (using a valid license) the request to send to UE using QXDM, for having this functionality ?

Thanks to help us.

MaClaud
2009-12-10, 02:47 AM
Thank you very much for your answer! i will try it in friday, because tomorrow I wil go to foreign country.

I enjoy to Friday :D

I will write here as soon as I will have some reasons!

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

maclaud

i have used this many times and it is an option in qxdm , it is setting the nv ram and qxdm provides an easy acess to it

you need to set the register 3524 with freq and psc and 3525 to be eabled after that

if you still dont get me , pm me when you get qxdm and i will take you through it next day

ajent
2009-12-11, 03:20 AM
Thanks again :)

but i don't understand that there is no document that explain this.

Maybe someone know where there is a drive test document from qualcomm that explain this kind of manipulation.

MaClaud
2009-12-12, 05:21 AM
desi_larka
i try yours manual but nothing is happened... I upload file - step by step how I work it. Can you look on it and say: "You are stupid because you are doing this mistake...." :D

Thank you very much!

If anybody from you have not rep - download from this link (it is not function every time)

http://macphone.wz.cz/stepBystep.pdf

maclaud

desi_larka
2009-12-13, 02:36 AM
Maclaud

your procedure looks fine. The only thing i would try extra is frea from 10712 to 1071200416

FYI - I notice your psc already has a lower RSCP & Rc/IO then 408&400 , just make sure that cell selection algorithms choosing the right cell ( 400 in your case ). If i were you i would make the rscp & ec/io of 400 & 408 worse than 416

try it , let me know. If not i will try to dig up my years old docs to find the command lines i used to do to lock it

MaClaud
2009-12-13, 02:43 AM
OK - I will tray it, thanks...

ad strength rscp & ec/io: I think it is not important - if I choose SC with very very week signal result will be that after restart UE will lock on my select SC without signal...

Maclaud

your procedure looks fine. The only thing i would try extra is frea from 10712 to 1071200416

FYI - I notice your psc already has a lower RSCP & Rc/IO then 408&400 , just make sure that cell selection algorithms choosing the right cell ( 400 in your case ). If i were you i would make the rscp & ec/io of 400 & 408 worse than 416

try it , let me know. If not i will try to dig up my years old docs to find the command lines i used to do to lock it

MaClaud
2009-12-14, 04:48 PM
:L :L :L
I tryed used other format 1071200416 but still nothing happened. :L

It's big problem for me... I don't know how do it....

Is it working to anybody from you?

thanks for your reply

MaClaud
2009-12-14, 09:46 PM
here is log from QxDM... all advices are great!

MaClaud
2009-12-16, 06:56 PM
Boys please :L

nobody has not any idea?

MaClaud
2010-06-29, 05:56 PM
Hello all guys,
please I still have this problem... I need LOCK UE to the specific SC via QXDM. UE has Qualcomm chipset, but I dont know how solve it :L

PLEASE can you help me anybody?

Thanks

slavun
2010-09-26, 08:53 AM
I need this information, too. I have already tried the method without any result.