PDA

View Full Version : How we can calibrate a propogation model in one live network

gogotchiya83
2009-11-24, 01:36 AM
Dear Experts

How we can calibrate a propogation model in one live network (network already on air) knowing that the frequency planning is very bad due to insufficient number of frequencies of the operator.
I already started the measurement by locking the mobile on one BCCH but a drop call is experienced once I went a little far from the cell object of the study.
have you an experience in model tuning in a live network.

Thanks for your support

electron
2009-11-24, 02:11 AM
Just read about model tuning...

It is possible by TEMS phone.Data collection should be in scanning mode for each clutter type...
Search in forum you can find some useful document

justdream
2009-11-24, 02:30 AM
Dear Experts

How we can calibrate a propogation model in one live network (network already on air) knowing that the frequency planning is very bad due to insufficient number of frequencies of the operator.
I already started the measurement by locking the mobile on one BCCH but a drop call is experienced once I went a little far from the cell object of the study.
have you an experience in model tuning in a live network.

Thanks for your support

my friend, for propagation model tunint, all your drive test should be in idle mode

gogotchiya83
2009-11-24, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your answer
even if it will be in idle mode the model will make a re-selection to another cells using the same BCCH.
Find attached a picture describing the situation :

gogotchiya83
2009-11-24, 04:10 AM
attached the picture describing the situation ;)

justdream
2009-11-24, 05:22 AM
how come you have Co. BCCH in this small area 'cluster', you have to avoid this type of Co. BCCH
it's killing your network

dexterhaba
2011-05-31, 05:16 PM
WHAT IF THERE IS CELL RESELECTION IN THE AREA EVEN WITHOUT CO BCCH? CAN THE PLANNING TOOL BE CALIBRATED IN CLUSTER??

drJaser
2011-05-31, 05:33 PM
could you please switch CAPS LOCK off ..
it looks like you are shouting ..

BR,
drJ.

kamalb
2012-04-29, 02:14 PM
you can tune the Propagation model in Planning tool by using live network ideal mode DT data with some processing of DT data. Export the DT data in to .fmt format using the attached handset then filter each BCCH, BSIC combination Data one by one then use it in tool for tuning model.