PDA

View Full Version : Uplink CE congestion problem

kadir
2009-11-23, 06:45 PM
Hi all;

I have a problem about UMTS network, there are CE congestion in most of the cells does anyone know anything about this issue, why this is happening what could be the reasons except high user traffic.

Thank you..

kadir
2009-11-23, 06:49 PM
instruments are HUAWEI.

kadir
2009-11-23, 09:13 PM
nobody has any idea of this?

dexterhaba
2009-11-23, 11:35 PM
if you are using hsdpa,, uplink will be in the rel99 ,, ie ps384 etc... one option is to upgrade your 3g to hspa,,,, :)

nosferatu007
2009-11-24, 01:02 AM
Have u checked the number of CE licenses??? Make sure that BBU has downloaded the CE licenses as predefined configuration.

nabil el haddani
2009-11-24, 03:13 AM
Hi my friend,

You can do the export of the UL CE usage for your site from the OMC and do the comparison with the initial planned capacity (number of licences), try to do the tracking of ure CE consumption for a week or months to check exactly when the CE congestion is started, and try to understand it's coming from traffic CE blocking or from CE usage because of excessive Soft Handoff overhead to know exacatly what's the good way to follow in order to resolve this problem. So if it's CE traffic consuming you can ask to upgrade ure CE capacity otherwise try to optimise your soft handover rate in order to save more CEs ( by physical optimisation of HO parameter or admission control tuning...).

in case of that u have congestion in 1 cell and not in the 2 remaining cells, A
another usefull solution is the CE pooling by "stealing" CE which are not in use in your first cell and assign it for ure congestionned cell without upgrading your BTS.

I hope it could helpfull.

Best Regards

Nabil

kadir
2009-11-24, 05:57 AM
Hi my friend,

You can do the export of the UL CE usage for your site from the OMC and do the comparison with the initial planned capacity (number of licences), try to do the tracking of ure CE consumption for a week or months to check exactly when the CE congestion is started, and try to understand it's coming from traffic CE blocking or from CE usage because of excessive Soft Handoff overhead to know exacatly what's the good way to follow in order to resolve this problem. So if it's CE traffic consuming you can ask to upgrade ure CE capacity otherwise try to optimise your soft handover rate in order to save more CEs ( by physical optimisation of HO parameter or admission control tuning...).

in case of that u have congestion in 1 cell and not in the 2 remaining cells, A
another usefull solution is the CE pooling by "stealing" CE which are not in use in your first cell and assign it for ure congestionned cell without upgrading your BTS.

I hope it could helpfull.

Best Regards

Nabil

Thak you for your help my friend;

2 days ago, i talked with one expert, he said that, "this problem maybe from huawei side, maybe huawei made enable all the future of the NodeB in the whole network due to this there are no enough CE left, after few user connect the HSPA, when i check the traffic data, there are no so much erlang but huge CE congestion, for example, RAB est. for PS is about %85 it is very low and %99 percent of failure is due to CE congestion (when i check the failure reason). But the erlang traffic is not soo high it is normal :confused:

thak you everybody again.

milenio
2009-11-24, 07:52 AM
Hi Kadir,
you said PS Success rate is around 85%. can you check following things:
1. How many CE you have defined in the cells if not maximum and you still have unused in you license pool, so make an expansion of UL CE.
2. try to find the root cause four this "abnormal" behaviour. A important thing in huawei equipment is that due to the soft handover in HSUPA each user consumes 22 per RL in each cell being @ 1.5Mbps in UL. i.e a user with SHO 3 RLs in AS consumes 66 CE from the 3 cells - thats a great consumptin.
3. check if you have huge amount of Video users - this is CS traffic and consumes 3 CE in UL, also tale a look over the Equivalent Number of User (trf factor in statistics)
I donot pretend to point all the reasons but those are just a few ideas, based on what I' ve seen in my practice.
Hope to be useful.

Hafedh
2010-10-17, 08:23 PM
Have you an idea about Soft HO setting that allowing less CE consumption?

no_1'sfasterthanradiowave
2010-10-30, 05:47 AM
If you cannot upgrade to more CEs in the pool than may be try the load reshuffling just before admission rejects start - LDR BE rate reduction.
Regarding the SHO - you can set a lower rate for hsupa calls added in soft/softer handover - FRC parameters set. Note however that CEs are consumed per link to NB. for the softer handover you use only once the CEs.

nupong
2010-11-04, 02:16 AM
Hi Kadir,
you said PS Success rate is around 85%. can you check following things:
1. How many CE you have defined in the cells if not maximum and you still have unused in you license pool, so make an expansion of UL CE.
2. try to find the root cause four this "abnormal" behaviour. A important thing in huawei equipment is that due to the soft handover in HSUPA each user consumes 22 per RL in each cell being @ 1.5Mbps in UL. i.e a user with SHO 3 RLs in AS consumes 66 CE from the 3 cells - thats a great consumptin.
3. check if you have huge amount of Video users - this is CS traffic and consumes 3 CE in UL, also tale a look over the Equivalent Number of User (trf factor in statistics)
I donot pretend to point all the reasons but those are just a few ideas, based on what I' ve seen in my practice.
Hope to be useful.

Hi, I don't think Huawei consume 22 CE per RL in HSUPA, it supposed to vary according to the radio condition and rate isn't it? I'm not sure about figure but I think the maximum was 48 CE per RL (RAN11). please correct me if i'm wrong

kotaro
2010-11-05, 11:40 AM
Here, where u can get CE number occupation in Huawei WCDMA.
I hope it's useful

yoronjo
2010-11-06, 01:57 AM
Hi, I don't think Huawei consume 22 CE per RL in HSUPA, it supposed to vary according to the radio condition and rate isn't it? I'm not sure about figure but I think the maximum was 48 CE per RL (RAN11). please correct me if i'm wrong

Hi Nupong,

we have tested HSUPA before with huawei, 1.6 Mbps UL throughput of one subscriber consumed about 20 CE. considering signaling requirements, CE consumption can really go as high as 22 CE

thanks

suhaib
2010-11-11, 12:07 AM
can any one help,

I'm new in the field, and i'm facing a problem in CE that they shows a utilization percentge of range > 95% , and there is no statsices in the admission counters "LackulHwId" and i have read that it maybe the "PmDlcredits"just count for dedicated channel so it will not appear as lack of CE, so can anyone advice me.

we use E******* equipment P7

thanks in advance :)

donia1977
2011-10-21, 10:13 PM
I can't download the doc.please send it to me

adewijaya
2011-10-21, 11:12 PM
I hope it's useful

What's this document?:confused:? You said this is document ???

gandhibapu
2011-10-22, 01:25 AM
check the parameter values for Call Admission Control mechanisms..........
may be the value of those parameter is restricting ur admission control.....

hendral
2011-10-22, 08:40 AM
I hope it's useful

What wrong your document ? I find your file like

johny
2011-11-15, 12:17 PM
the doc is not clear; the images are hidden dear ...

srilasitha
2011-11-15, 01:19 PM
I hope it's useful

Please upload the file again

yhussain110
2011-11-15, 02:51 PM
Hi , Cannot understand, what your word file explains, it is just one bitmap. Please can you explain in detail...

Md.Moniruzzaman
2011-11-15, 06:46 PM
Hi all;

I have a problem about UMTS network, there are CE congestion in most of the cells does anyone know anything about this issue, why this is happening what could be the reasons except high user traffic.

Thank you..

in RRC it's not count by number the below cause can cause rejection:
- CAC because of UL/DL power
- NO CE available
- No Iub resource.
- No Code available.
- RTWP (which is uplink interference = Load of the cell)

teletopix
2011-12-10, 08:41 PM
Just Resolve issue of TASR for That Check Below,..

Low TCH Assignment Success Rate (http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?24943-Low-TCH-Assignment-Success-Rate)

:p:kiss::call::D:p:p

Interface
2011-12-23, 11:36 AM
can any one help,

I'm new in the field, and i'm facing a problem in CE that they shows a utilization percentge of range > 95% , and there is no statsices in the admission counters "LackulHwId" and i have read that it maybe the "PmDlcredits"just count for dedicated channel so it will not appear as lack of CE, so can anyone advice me.

we use E******* equipment P7

thanks in advance :)
Please check the parameter: dlhwadm and ulHwAdm. I think that your network using the default value of these parameters : 100% - it mean that turn off this adm. So that you can't see any congestion by CE Congest.

dk2000
2011-12-23, 03:56 PM
Hi all,

In Huawei Equipment, the Uplink CE is used for both R99 and HSUPA. So if the Uplink CE congestion is happened, you should:

-Check license is true or not.
- Tuning tilt to reduce coverage, load sharing.
- Add another BBU to increase CE.

Best wishes.