Hi all

Please explain me how to conduct becnmarking for GPRS Drive test,

how to check UL and DL

ie Upload aand downlaod the data.

regards
Plannerguy

gooseberry_hn
2009-11-17, 07:35 PM
You shuold creat some script such as PING, FTP...

plannerguy
2009-11-17, 10:04 PM
ok ..it is fine for my network measurment as i have a FTP server ,

but how to ping or ftp the competitor network?

Regards
Plannerguy

punto
2009-11-18, 12:25 AM
Hi, to ping and compare competitos, you need to USE competitors NETWORK , and for that, you are in need for another test SIM card and another USB/PCMCIA modem or use mobile as data comunication device/modem. Also , check this place for lots of educative material on this topic. Hope it help to your ! BR, P:)

gooseberry_hn
2009-11-18, 11:34 AM
Oh, I think you must use the simcard (GPRS/EDGE available) of the network you wanna test.
For ping, you'd better offer IP address of SGSN to get good result
For FTP, if operator doesnt provide any servers you can use a free server, (4share.. of smt) but the result will be affected by the connection between SGSN to server
Godd luck,

RF engineer
2009-11-18, 05:31 PM
Oh, I think you must use the simcard (GPRS/EDGE available) of the network you wanna test.
For ping, you'd better offer IP address of SGSN to get good result
For FTP, if operator doesnt provide any servers you can use a free server, (4share.. of smt) but the result will be affected by the connection between SGSN to server
Godd luck,
The Ping is better to be done on higher application layer because the APN you getting is from GGSN .
BR
RF

Rooster[BG]
2009-11-18, 05:47 PM
I don't think that you can use competitive Operator to make test on its network. You must have SIM cards form all operators. You should use internal Servers in each Operator (if provided), or use a server from Internet to get the performance from customer point of view.

plannerguy
2009-11-18, 07:11 PM
Thanks all for the valuable comments

but issue what i face is

1) i am able to download data from raipdshare or shared4u site ,but cant upload as it will ask for user name and password

2)i cant access the FTP server of other operotor .

by pinging my GGSN or SGSN i can get my performance only ..others measurements are not available.

pls throw your inputs

Regards
Planneguy